Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I keep hearing Jax is bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

08-06-2010

Ive read in many threads that Jax was nerfed too heavily and is not a good hero choice now.

Well ive yet to play him since he hasnt been free, and ive had other 3100 champs ive wanted to buy, and didnt want to take a chance on someone I hadnt tried yet. But ive looked at his skills and he seems like he could be pretty fun.

So my question is.. is Jax worthless now? I dont want to get him and love playing him only to find out that once I hit 30 and start doing ranked games i get owned by players who know what they are doing.

Saintkiller

08-06-2010

He is terrible at high elo but he smashes low elo.

Ceazy

Recruiter

08-07-2010

He's not even terrible at high ELO. He's still a solid physical DPS pick and can do well at any ELO in the hands of a skilled player.
Imo he's the third-best melee in the game, behind Xin and Shaco.

Controlled By Me

08-07-2010

IMO he's not worthless, simply overshadowed by Xin Zhao.

outfoxxed

08-07-2010

Don't get Jax. He gets shut down by casters, and depends on your opponent autoattacking you continuously.

Xin does everything Jax does but better. He has frontloaded damage (good) and can burst down someone fast, as well as offering an AoE ultimate and a knockup.

Kashaku

08-07-2010

I used to play Jax a lot, but there are just way better champs for melee like Xin Zhao and Olaf. That's why I barely play Jax at the moment.

And if you want to play Jax for an amazing late-game, get Tryndamere, is way more fun end-game due his 1000 crits. Although it takes lots of practice to get good with him at higher ELOs, as they actually become smart enough to CC Tryndamere during his Endless Rage. Don't think CC is a counter for Tryn only, it is a counter for nearly any DPS.

But if you want a champ with who you can easily noobstomp and is certainly viable (also at higher ELO), get Xin Zhao.

Alex Pan

08-07-2010

I think my first ever games with Jax were 44-5, then 18-1 and 12-0. He's ridiculous at low elo, but he's really not that great against better players.

CrazyBolas

08-07-2010

looks like i get to purchase xin

C00LST0RYBR0

08-07-2010

Jax needs to farm atleast Rageblade to be good.

If you have a bad early game, he won't be much help. If you have a good one, you won't need Jax.

Take a champ that is less farm dependent.

Cykrus

08-07-2010

I used to play Jax, until Xin Zhao came out. Xin Zhao beats Jax in almost every way, without requiring as much farming. Jax isn't bad, there are just champs that do his job better.