[Strategy] Twisted Treeline: The New 3v3 Metagame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niakor

04-06-2010

My 2 cents on this:
Mundo + Warwick + Shaco
Ghost is a must have on TT imo (I pick it over flash 100% of the time).

Mundo HP regen is incredible on TT because he's able to stay on the battle field forever. Stick a smite and you can go get some creeps waiting for Sprit Visage Ult.
Also Mundo has an incredible early game with cleaver spam...

Warwick is also an incredible jungler that can come back to full HP quickly while having decent DPS not really relying on items. Detection of low health champs gives you an incredible map awareness.

Shaco will just help setting the ganks for the 2 other indestructible monsters and give you an additionnal map awareness with Jack in the Box (very to be able to escape when the towers are so far). Red poted Shaco is also super strong early game.

Not sure I mentionned any synergies but these 3 champs are so good on TT that you know, it's GG.

Klaste

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-07-2010

One thing I would like to point out, though it "kind" of clashes with a bit of your guide, is the importance of early farming purely for XP. If you know two of your team can survive for the moment against 3 enemies, splitting your group into 2 and 1 can give you a huge early advantage in the form of outleveling your opponents. If they are all three trying to kill the two at the bottom, this means your solo is gaining about double the xp of any of the enemies, and your double team is gaining a good 50% more.

Obviously, you have to watch for that three person gank squad to come up and kill the solo - this is why it's best for the solo to have flash and/or ghost, and preferably some flashlike ability such as Jax's jump or Ezrael's teleport.

I wouldn't really recommend this in a solo queue, but since it's 3v3, it should be fairly easy to come up with a decent premade team that you trust for this.

SpiritStalker

04-08-2010

I find that clense is too good to pass up on this map.

With a 120 or 100 (i play mundo) second cool down, it gives you the edge over any stun team.

All 3 with clense makes you un gankable especially combined with ghost for those really ****ty moments.

Mundo really is crazy on this map, if your lucky enough to go vs ashe or a caster, you can machete kill them lvl 1 without even trying. Using clense to stop their stun, and they willonly have 1, and ghost to run them down.

Not to mention its easy to farm the 2800 you need for spirit visage, boots and leviathon, which makes you totally un killable.

CrimsonRipper

04-16-2010

I found that Clarivoyance is incredibly useful on this map. Seeing the enemy and always knowing where the hell the enemies are is invaluable.

Normal spells people would pick up like heal and teleport are significantly less useful on this map, if not because there are constant ganks meaning you waste your heal earlier and not have it at another time where it could have been useful, and teleport is not as handy since the distance you travel with it will be significantly shorter too.

Also I feel that on this map in particular champions are significantly stronger than usual, Poppy and Warwick are common examples, Warwick given for his consistent ability to go from one creep to the next for buffs, and Poppy for her tackling ability in a place where there's walls EVERYWHERE.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2010

Yeah, Clairvoyance is significantly improved on TT. First, spots ganks. Second, the map is smaller, so it scouts a proportionally larger area.

Thistlemin

04-16-2010

Yeah I agree with Dahras' post about with only three people per team you have less players to fill roles. So when one goes down it may cripple a teams' ability to suceed.

Ex: This is the reason I believe certain champions like Heimerdinger are bad, because they put so much more pressure on carries to perform. Since Heimerdingers never are in the middle of a team fight, his other two teammates take 1/3 more focus of CC, nukes, auto-attacks, spells, etc.

And once Heimerdingers carry goes down from being blown up, sure Heimerdinger can escape most of the time, but what good is he to the team? I consider Heimerdinger the Champion version of the Revive spell. It's a losing mentality.

There are a lot of champions that can be good on TT but require matchups to be in their favor, ie taking more than one glassy champion or support champion against an all tank team that can disable/dps you is going to be tough if the skill level is equal. My example is Shaco or Tristana. They fight from the outside and don't offer strong disables or always reliable CC. Shaco can do very good, but he adds more pressure on his teammates who fight on the front lines.

-Exhaust & Ghost are very effective on this map.
-Warwick, Blitzcrank, Sion, Mundo, Poppy, Mordekaiser, Kayle, Singed, and even Nunu among others are improved on this map.
-Fiddlesticks is a nightmare if played well on this map, hopping over walls with his ult doesn't even require Flash since the map is so congested.
-Lizard buff isn't nearly as important as those make it out to be. If your team can control the Dragon or Ghoul speed bonus buffs, you're going to do better than the team that controls the Lizard.
-Speed is important, hence Ghost.
-Shen is a stable teammate to have
-Glassy champs get focused down to easily
-AD rules the day, not AP. Pushing and tearing down towers in a hurry finished matches. Well done Morgana, Anivia, Ryze you aced our triple Tank team, now what are you going to do? Get a tower, maybe two at most.
-If a triple AD team scores an Ace with 35 second+ revive times, the game may be over or your inhibitor gone.
-Teamfights at mid for level 1 isn't required. It often is a good way to lose a match before your champs have a chance to stabilize themselves. I main Warwick on TT. I'm not exactly a juggernaut at lvl 1. Outside of using my spells Ghost/Exhaust I risk snowballing the opposite team for a foolish greed of getting first blood.
-Level advantage is important, hence starter items need to be tailored towards staying power as the OP mentioned.
-Without Golem buff Doran's Ring has become a better starter item choice.

nicosharp

04-19-2010

Two questions:
Why doesn't this display as a thread with a red post in it?
Why is this not stickied?

Great thread for those starting out on Twisted Treeline, and even those that have played it quite a bit.

Greensamo

04-19-2010

Played Jax/Nida/Udyr last night. Two games, both teams QQ'd of "OP".

Krusiv

04-19-2010

Two of my friends and I just started doing TT and we are liking it so far. Normally our team is Udyr (me), Mundo, and Cho. As far as my items go I try to build Trinity Force -- starting with Phage, then Zeal, then get Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads, Sheen, TriForce. The game is usually over here but if it keeps going on then I start building Phantom Dancers.

How does the item build sound? Should I change it? Also I'm wondering what runes should I get for Udyr? I'm almost level 20 and I'm going to start buying T3 runes soon.

FeLpZ

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakigahara View Post
Two of my friends and I just started doing TT and we are liking it so far. Normally our team is Udyr (me), Mundo, and Cho. As far as my items go I try to build Trinity Force -- starting with Phage, then Zeal, then get Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads, Sheen, TriForce. The game is usually over here but if it keeps going on then I start building Phantom Dancers.

How does the item build sound? Should I change it? Also I'm wondering what runes should I get for Udyr? I'm almost level 20 and I'm going to start buying T3 runes soon.
ok, i have a question for you, what the **** does that have to do with this thread?