[Strategy] Twisted Treeline: The New 3v3 Metagame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cycoconutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

First off AWESOME post proto, you touched on all the points about the map I love and said it in a way that reflects how I feel about the map accurately.

Shaco (who used to be the tank clown if you wanted to be important) is my new top played char since TT went to MM. w/ ignite flash kills are endless and escape is always possible.

what i find humor in is the build i ALWAYS go is mandreds-boots o Mob. (best on this map imo)-bloodrazor-GA. yes yes i just stack the items that buff up my illusion, in a 3v3 having an exploding distraction that can revive and hit towers for 4% along with you is WTF?!

Me and my brother constantly premade udyr-shaco/urfwick and have outstanding results.

anyways my 2 cents.

malphismia

04-03-2010

Good post, I hope someone can post a jungle FAQ thread for TT map, it'd be helpful to know which buffs are located around the map, and manageable at the beginning of the game.

FROM WINNIPEG

04-03-2010

Lot of good info here, thanks for posting.

PackMan97

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zili View Post
You say the TT matches are shorter, yet I haven't noticed that at all : / I've been having lots of 40+ min. matches which is around what I had at 5v5 too.
Give it time, folks don't have the optimal way to attack yet...pushing too far leaves you dead leading to a long game, not pushing far enough leads you to a long game. Folks aren't used to the jungling timers for maxing experience. Lots of different litlte things.

I've had a few matches run long, but that's just cuz folks picked bad champs.

cycoconutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Good post, I hope someone can post a jungle FAQ thread for TT map, it'd be helpful to know which buffs are located around the map, and manageable at the beginning of the game.

generally a good idea is wait around lizard at lvl 1 with your team. either a gank happens or they'll stay hidden and your team can get lizard first (it takes about 5-10 secs after minions MEET, i dont know exactly the time)

then there's the lich (50% move speed) and wolf buff (+attack speed, -cd) up top, both of which are shorter in duration than lizard and dragon. these are good but are really too short to be as significant as the other two buffs. good places for wards nonetheless for ganking.

the dragon buff is the single most important buff to try and stay on top on though, usually as soon as it spawns im pinging for my team to move to kill it.

those are really the only key notes i can think of atm.

LokiMogor

04-04-2010

The best combo, I've seen on TT is Karthus/Jax/Warwick

Vanoc

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiMogor View Post
The best combo, I've seen on TT is Karthus/Jax/Warwick
Really? I've found karthus to be sub-par on this map... Whats the synergy here? Wouldnt Morgana be better?

ZO KidKaiser

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarion View Post
I've found Mundo to be insanely good on Twisted Treeline. Any thoughts?
here's the deal with Dr.Mundo in TT. he's a walking drumstick just waiting to get chowed down. why is that? simple. a few of the mundo's i've gone up against, actually alot of the mundo's i've gone up against. build mundo with a Hp regen build (ex: warmogs and FoNs) and probably a few armor somewhere in the middle. (MR is already given from FoN) those that are playing mundo just simply count on his ult to survive and run away.

so from the items that i listed most will say "OMG! MUNDO WILL JUST RUN AWAY AND COME BACK WITH 80% HP AGAIN!!" what i say. "sure he will.. that's WHEN mundo gets fed."

but think about it, mundo getting warmog's and FoN's is like a DPS going IE first then a PD. chances are, mundo isnt gonna finish those items before the game has already changed into defend and counter or BD to victory. and even IF mundo did get warmog's and FoNs chances are the opposing team already has an IE and PD waiting to chow down mundo's HP.

not sure if anything written made sense. but i hope the readers get the general idea of what i'm trying to point out. *tsk tsk* go for cheaper more effective items *cough cough*

PackMan97

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRemixed View Post
but think about it, mundo getting warmog's and FoN's is like a DPS going IE first then a PD. chances are, mundo isnt gonna finish those items before the game has already changed into defend and counter or BD to victory. and even IF mundo did get warmog's and FoNs chances are the opposing team already has an IE and PD waiting to chow down mundo's HP.
That's a fool of a Mundo. Against a mixed offense team...

Doran's Shield
Merc Treads
Spirit Visage
Warden's Mail

That's a VERY cheap build. Good armor, good MR, great regen, good CDR. GG Mundo.

Health is nice on Mundo, but survivability is better/, Warmogs should not be gotten on TT just because of the cost and the time it takes to fill it.

gun fu panda

04-06-2010

I'm loving Corki on TT. He's one of the better squishies because of how non-item reliant he is to be effective. He scales wonderfully with them, but he doesn't require them to bring the pain.