[Guide] Malphite: A Guide to Rocking Out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tubesteak

12-14-2009

I've just started playing Malphite and I've found this build to be pretty effective...

Mekki + 2 pots
Upgrade to Philo
Ninja Tabi boots
2x Heart of Gold
Banshee's Veil
Sell Heart of Gold for Sunfire Cape

Its after this that I have issues.
I usually go with Aegis for the life, armor and MR, but I think I might just go Glacial > Frozen Heart.
Then maybe with an Atma's.

The thing is that I like the 3500+ life that I end up with, but might trade that off for more armor and more offensive punch.

Krofek

12-14-2009

imo frozen heart is a must 110armor, 500 mana, reduction of enemy AS, cooldown reduction. You get 25% cooldown reduction for your ult and other skills. It is true that the minumum you can get your ult is 75 seconds, but with a few cooldown runes you get that np.
I think it's better leaving the golem for someone who needs to spam spells more.

Just my opinion, I'm no pro tho

Auralynx

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krofek View Post
imo frozen heart is a must 110armor, 500 mana, reduction of enemy AS, cooldown reduction. You get 25% cooldown reduction for your ult and other skills. It is true that the minumum you can get your ult is 75 seconds, but with a few cooldown runes you get that np.
I think it's better leaving the golem for someone who needs to spam spells more.

Just my opinion, I'm no pro tho
Hey, I made the Guides thread. Neat.

Since the time of writing, Frozen Heart is a better item than it used to be, as Unstoppable Force's cooldown has gotten quite a bit longer. I've been playing Rammus rather than Malphite since the patch that changed things, in fact, but I'll see if I can sneak some updates in here over the holidays.