Riven - Entrophy or Atmas Impaler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cauldrath

04-06-2012

Skill order is R>W=E+1>Q. That skill order gives you the fastest cycling combo rotation.

Masteries 22 (skipping Alacrity)/8 (Resolve+Resist maxed+Hardiness maxed+1 Durability)/0

Current runes: armor pen marks with Sauron's 1 crit mark, flat armor seals, 6 flat CDR glyphs, 2 flat mr glyphs, 1 scaling mr glyph, 2 AD/lvl quints, 1 flat CDR quint (so I have just under 6% CDR from runes, so Brut+Ionion puts me at 39.56% CDR)

You may want to swap some of the flat armor/mr runes for scaling, but, because I usually rush Maw before Chain Vest, it's nice to have some early armor.

inFe eD

04-06-2012

Whoops, got em confused and stuffs. Herpity derpity.

Infinity Edge is probably the best option for damage on Dom, actually, as long as you throw in some piecemeal crit items as well. Atma's works fine as part of that.

smXho

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Skill order is R>W=E+1>Q. That skill order gives you the fastest cycling combo rotation.

Masteries 22 (skipping Alacrity)/8 (Resolve+Resist maxed+Hardiness maxed+1 Durability)/0

Current runes: armor pen marks with Sauron's 1 crit mark, flat armor seals, 6 flat CDR glyphs, 2 flat mr glyphs, 1 scaling mr glyph, 2 AD/lvl quints, 1 flat CDR quint (so I have just under 6% CDR from runes, so Brut+Ionion puts me at 39.56% CDR)

You may want to swap some of the flat armor/mr runes for scaling, but, because I usually rush Maw before Chain Vest, it's nice to have some early armor.
so alternate W and E and max Q last?

Redenbacher

04-06-2012

If I'm understanding him right, he's saying W should be one level higher than E, and Q is last.

Cauldrath

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
If I'm understanding him right, he's saying W should be one level higher than E, and Q is last.
This. That way the cooldowns for them will be the same.

konfetarius

04-07-2012

Oh, look, finally an Atmas nerf. It's ratio went from 2% to 1.5%.

Cauldrath

04-07-2012

"We can't nerf Atma's, because it's the only thing keeping tanky dps viable. We'd like to, but we need to give them better itemization options first."

Releases MoM, which they intentionally tuned to not be as gold effective as other items. (But it just happened to fill that high-AD all-good-stats hole in Riven builds.)

Nerfs Atma's, because obviously health-based tanky dps got enough options from MoM. Oh, and they nerfed Wit's End and flat MR runes. (I'll definitely be switching to scaling MR post patch.)

It might be good for Dominion, where magic damage is currently second-class, but I don't understand their line of thinking for SR.

Dienovv

04-07-2012

Build items based on the game's circumstances. There isn't really a build for any champion unless you want to get dome-rocked. That's a part of the game, being clever with your item choices.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

I always like to get Entropy as my first big item on Dominion.

Most of the time a Prospector's Blade is enough lifesteal to keep me fueled along with giving absolutely amazing early game stats. After that I'll usually go either Mercs/Ninja Tabi, and put together a Phage and Brutalizer. From there, I grab Entropy.

It's too good of an item on her to pass up. It makes you completely inescapable, and since you aren't a pure auto-machine like Yi, you have a decent enough gap to where the true damage can do it's dot magic without causing a dip in your dps.. It also gives more than enough flat health/damage to make Riven happy.

In almost all my games, since I also use health/lvl yellows on her, I end up with a very sizeable health pool and I'll typically grab Atma's after it.

It's been working very well. I played a match with that set-up earlier today and you can see how well I did with it if you want to check.