Riven - Entrophy or Atmas Impaler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smXho

04-06-2012

Riven at level 18 have about 2k hp, and since (i believe) most of you will build prospector's blade, this will make her at roughly 2300hp with veterain mastery

I was wondering, entrophy at a much higher cost give 70 atk dmg and a slow on AA
Atmas gives 2300*0.02 = 46 atk dmg, but 45 armor for about 2k less, does it make atmas more worthwhile getting since she does not depend heavily on AA

What do you think?!

SoSalty

04-06-2012

To be honest, I almost always get Entropy on Riven since the active is so useful.

inFe eD

04-06-2012

One gives armor. One gives MR. One would think that one would build the one item that best fits ones' circumstances.

SoSalty

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
One gives armor. One gives MR. One would think that one would build the one item that best fits ones' circumstances.
Entropy now gives MR?

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

Omg, entropy gives MR? Thats overpowered. Man I am totally trusting everything you say in future when you have no idea what you are talking about

JamesLeBoss

04-06-2012

Quote:
You're confusing Maw with Entropy

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

Quote:
srry Infe Ed, entropy is the big hamme rthat slows but does not replace frozen mallet.

Cauldrath

04-06-2012

Personally, I think Prospector's is a waste of a slot on Riven and only buy it if I think my team is going to lose early. (Since it isn't a waste of money if you need some immediate power.) Starting Brutalizer is much stronger, makes her faster than most champs with boots 1, and you can get on to build other important items like Maw and a Chain Vest.

Atma's with 2k health gives ~40 AD for 1655 gold over a Chain Vest and the only other benefit is a little crit, which is only 2/3rds as good on Riven as it is on other champs for her autoattacks, due to her passive, and you're probably going to be doing only about half your damage with autos, anyways, so about 1/3rd the value. I would only build it if none of the other Chain Vest upgrades looked attractive and I had all my other AD items built. You also won't be level 18 all the time, so you're looking at less benefit most of the time than buying a BF Sword instead for 5g less.

The build that I'm very happy with right now (way more than my old Brut, Ionion, Aegis, Entropy, Bilgewater Cutlass, Last Whisper build) is Brutalizer, Ionion Boots, Maw of Malmortius, Chain Vest as her core (usually built in that order), with Last Whisper and Entropy being the next priorities. Usually the Chain Vest winds up as a Warden's Mail. Guardian Angel is also a good option. If the enemy team is focusing me with CC, I make the vest into Glacial Shroud and switch to Merc Treads. 22 (skipping Alacrity)/8 (Resolve+Resist+Hardiness maxed)/0 , with Heal (to make the best use of MoM) and either Revive or Exhaust.

smXho

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Personally, I think Prospector's is a waste of a slot on Riven and only buy it if I think my team is going to lose early. (Since it isn't a waste of money if you need some immediate power.) Starting Brutalizer is much stronger, makes her faster than most champs with boots 1, and you can get on to build other important items like Maw and a Chain Vest.

Atma's with 2k health gives ~40 AD for 1655 gold over a Chain Vest and the only other benefit is a little crit, which is only 2/3rds as good on Riven as it is on other champs for her autoattacks, due to her passive, and you're probably going to be doing only about half your damage with autos, anyways, so about 1/3rd the value. I would only build it if none of the other Chain Vest upgrades looked attractive and I had all my other AD items built. You also won't be level 18 all the time, so you're looking at less benefit most of the time than buying a BF Sword instead for 5g less.

The build that I'm very happy with right now (way more than my old Brut, Ionion, Aegis, Entropy, Bilgewater Cutlass, Last Whisper build) is Brutalizer, Ionion Boots, Maw of Malmortius, Chain Vest as her core (usually built in that order), with Last Whisper and Entropy being the next priorities. Usually the Chain Vest winds up as a Warden's Mail. Guardian Angel is also a good option. If the enemy team is focusing me with CC, I make the vest into Glacial Shroud and switch to Merc Treads. 22 (skipping Alacrity)/8 (Resolve+Resist+Hardiness maxed)/0 , with Heal (to make the best use of MoM) and either Revive or Exhaust.
what runes, skill order and mastery do you run?

Redenbacher

04-06-2012

I'd prefer Entropy, since Riven can use that passive whereas the Crit, while not necessarily 'wasted' is really not worth the investment. For an armor item, as mentioned above Warden's Mail/Randuin's Omen is a great option. While purely defensive, its passive/active is incredibly valuable.