Tryndamere confirm or deny please?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2009

A little birdie told me the launch date has been pushed back once again? Yes or no.

If the answer is yes, I am happy since the game needs lots more polishing, I know the whole deal with you guys are providing it as a service and all that but really there are so many things wrong, well not polished with the state of the game.

Examples: Online store, GUI needs lots more tweeks to make it far better, performance with the PVP.net, optimizations to client and sometimes the launcher still hangs.etc

If no is the answer, then sad Amumu face cause you guys are going to get rocked badly in the initial review department and neither me nor any one else can do **** about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2009

Agreed. Riot needs to take some time out to work out all the new changes. Spamming massive changes to rush the game out the door is not going to help anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eddysamson

Member

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
A little birdie told me the launch date has been pushed back once again? Yes or no.

If the answer is yes, I am happy since the game needs lots more polishing, I know the whole deal with you guys are providing it as a service and all that but really there are so many things wrong, well not polished with the state of the game.

Examples: Online store, GUI needs lots more tweeks to make it far better, performance with the PVP.net, optimizations to client and sometimes the launcher still hangs.etc

If no is the answer, then sad Amumu face cause you guys are going to get rocked badly in the initial review department and neither me nor any one else can do **** about it.
Theres sooooooooo many more little things that need changes and balance and bug fixes too. For instance the inherent blue side advantage, everything about the 3v3 map, FoW, champion irregularities with abilities(rammus, skillshots flying through people, etc)

Like why did it take 5 months or whatever to fix Warwick's ultimate?!?!??!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blitz64

Member

10-22-2009

See this walmart thread with Tryndamere post in them:
https://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boa...ad.php?t=19859

The boxes have been shipped to Walmart, Amazon, Gamestop. Therefore you can't delay the game. It will be Oct 27th!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wonky

Member

10-22-2009

Why are you guys under the impression that the game will cease to be updated once it's released?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fallen 62

Senior Member

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky View Post
Why are you guys under the impression that the game will cease to be updated once it's released?
I don't think they are; they are more worried about the perceptions people will have and the reviews the game will get if it isn't done properly...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wonky

Member

10-22-2009

This game is clearly ready for release. It's nearly bug-free and the gameplay is solid. Most of the champions are balanced, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky View Post
This game is clearly ready for release. It's nearly bug-free and the gameplay is solid. Most of the champions are balanced, etc.
What game are you playing??? PvP.Net still lags. There are tons of bugs still. Skill shots maybe?

I love the game and all, but I do not want it rushed and fail like a lot of other games.
RIOT has a great team and they are doing a great job, but imo, it is NOT ready for release.
I think RIOT is going at a good pace. It IS time for open beta.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky View Post
This game is clearly ready for release. It's nearly bug-free and the gameplay is solid. Most of the champions are balanced, etc.
lol wut?

I beg to differ, did you crawl out from a rock or something?

Edit: Just saw the thread, open beta has officially just begun? Let the chaos begin or not<>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wonky

Member

10-22-2009

I've rarely if ever experienced a buggy skill shot. Perhaps you're playing with a higher ping than me?


Yeah, the pvp.net client is laggy -- that's one of my few complaints left about the game. There are a few bugs still in gameplay. I've been stuck against Anivia's wall once or twice, and Alistar's charge can get him stuck sometimes. For the most part, though, my games are bug-free. All of my champion's skills work like they're supposed to when they're supposed to.

The most important part is that the gameplay is fun, and it has been fun for a long time. All of these minor bugs can be fixed through time.

For the average gamer, I think this game is ready to hit the shelves. I guess open beta will really show us whether it's ready or not.


12