Riot: Gotta say, i think the turret nerf on Heimer was too tough

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tuul

10-22-2009

My brother liked heimer alot. In fact he was pretty good with him. A couple games i saw him go 22-5. He seemed to always do well with him.

yet he never actually won games despite doing so well with him.

Heimer's turrets have such a long set up time as is. I think losing all his turrets on death is too harsh.

Furthermore it is an INCREDIBLE nerf to the fear factor his turrets have.

Where as before, you knew you could probably get heimer in his turrets, but also knew you wouldn't make it out alive. Now it's simply. Oh he has 6 turrets, who cares, just nuke him first and we don't have to worry about it.

This was an incredible nerf to his turrets. At the very least, his turrest should remain up for 5-10 seconds after death so they still have that intimidation factor.

I only had trouble with one heimer before, and despite my brother playing him well, he never actually won a game with him. People just whined nerf because they simply didn't know how to counter him, being that he plays unlike ANY other hero, but he was not infact OP imho.

Just my thoughts.

NibelungValesti

10-22-2009

Heimer's Turrets dying when he's dead isn't really that big a problem. It just encourages players to be more conservative while playing with Heimer (Not that he should be in the heat of battle anyway).

In other news, i actually consider the turrets dying when Heimer goes down a BUFF (since i myself tend to appreciate a more defensive Heimer player.

While in the past players could just ignore heimer due to his ridiculously low dps from hextech missles + bombs (ok, so maybe the bombs could wreck a decent amount of havoc when aimed well, but relative to what another hero could offer it pales in comparison)

There was just NO reason whatsoever to target Heimer first in a teamfight. Knock down or avoid his turrets, kill the other champs.

BUT NOW. Heimer is a tank. He's worthy to kill. His presence dictates the presence of turrets. Take him down, you take his turrets down. He's actually worth spending time focus firing.

And this CAN be abused by a stronger and more careful Heimer player to POSSIBLE develop a tankier Heimer - playstyle. (Guardian angel anyone?) It opens up possibilities.

Most importantly - it makes sense to me that Heimer's turrets die when he does. Its somehow just logical =D

DarkeTiger

10-22-2009

The reason your brother always went well with Heimerdinger but still lost, is because he turtled all day behind his turrets and never pushed.

CyberMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuul View Post
My brother liked heimer alot. In fact he was pretty good with him. A couple games i saw him go 22-5. He seemed to always do well with him.

yet he never actually won games despite doing so well with him.

Heimer's turrets have such a long set up time as is. I think losing all his turrets on death is too harsh.

Furthermore it is an INCREDIBLE nerf to the fear factor his turrets have.

Where as before, you knew you could probably get heimer in his turrets, but also knew you wouldn't make it out alive. Now it's simply. Oh he has 6 turrets, who cares, just nuke him first and we don't have to worry about it.

This was an incredible nerf to his turrets. At the very least, his turrest should remain up for 5-10 seconds after death so they still have that intimidation factor.

I only had trouble with one heimer before, and despite my brother playing him well, he never actually won a game with him. People just whined nerf because they simply didn't know how to counter him, being that he plays unlike ANY other hero, but he was not infact OP imho.

Just my thoughts.
Actually, this nerf would not matter to a truly good heimer player. Heimer is a tank, and he has incredible defenses. If you play him correctly, you should not be getting very many deaths, even without the fear factor. Anybody who charges in should get a full blast from your abilities. If you still have trouble, then find a friend to help protect you, and you should be safe enough. Getting AP also helps, because it increases your tower and ability damage.
I agree with you, people should not have whined nerf, but Heimer was a little OP because he was both a tanker and could do amazing damage. Don't follow others' example by whining "buff". Learn to live with it.

Epoch

10-22-2009

Thats like saying Teemo's Mushrooms should go away when he dies.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Thats like saying Teemo's Mushrooms should go away when he dies.
'cause Teemo's mushrooms hold off an entire lane of creeps on their own while he's dead, mirite?

Epoch

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
'cause Teemo's mushrooms hold off an entire lane of creeps on their own while he's dead, mirite?
I KNOWWWW for realz!

McBeard

10-22-2009

Heimer is a very hard champion to chase down, he probably has more death protection that many other champs based on running people into turrets, in addition to being able to stun people. played defensively, you're probably able to dodge death easier than most. I think its very fair.

Malfurion Stormrage

10-22-2009

too nerfed, he was already weak late game, now he's ONLY useful for the low/mid level middle push with Allistar and co.

Jooce

10-22-2009

I don't agree that this was the way to go. I'm sure they'll keep tweaking him.

This does help those situations like endgame when you're pushing their base, kill their whole team, but you can't touch their turret because there are 6 red turrets there defending by themselves.