The Sparring Grounds [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Upon leaving the arena, Kyrian retrieved a vial of acid, and shifting his color to green, dumped it on his upturned face. The bubbling liquid seeped into the veins on his skin, and the bruises on his chest and arms began to fade. Returning to normal, he let out a contented sigh. Hearing Taliesin's inquiry, he spoke up. "I would be up for another round."

Ryugi Kazamaru

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilFire View Post
FilFire wasn't fast enough with throwing Ryugi away, so has no choice but to take the attack. He manages to diminish the blow by creating an explosion above him. The blow however still hits quite hard and FilFire roars. His tail suddenly grows spikes, and before the sword can be retracted he grabs it with his upper hands and pulls it forward, intending to pull it out of Ryugi's hands and into a wall.

"That was extremely painful."
(( I should note that an explosion would do very little to actually stop the sword. The reason is because of how explosions radiate outward from the point of origin. If something is flat, say, like the side of a house, more of that outward force can make contact with the surface, and allow more force to be distributed to it. With something like a slashing sword, which is very thin along the edge where the explosion is coming from, very little force can be taken by the blade. Therefore, the sword would cut through the explosion like nothing, and you'd take the full force of the attack. ))

(( Also, you're on your stomach since you caught yourself with your hands and an explosion. Ryugi's attack hit you in the back. That being the case, and after taking such a thunderous attack, how is it that you could simply roll over and grab the blade? Even still, rolling over would really give you very little room to grab the sword since it is more or less pinning you to the ground right now. If you rolled over it might be at your side. In effect, your counter makes exactly zero sense. ))

(( However, you have given me a way to effectively remove myself from danger. ))

The fully-charged strike would hit, hard, doing untold amounts of damage to the dragon man. However, an explosion tore through the space between the two. The result was that Ryugi's sword would, in fact, do slightly MORE damage than he had intended, as now it would be striking more with the tip of the blade, which was where the majority of the cutting force was contained. The reason for this was simple.

While Ryugi was more or less immune to fire damage, he was not immune to explosions and force created by them. Any heat created by the explosion would do nothing to Ryugi, but the force of it would do some small level of damage, and cast him backward, effectively causing him to release the grip on FilFire's tail and removing him from the dragon man's grip at the same time.

Ryugi would stagger backwards but catch himself, his blade still glowing with energy. The buff to his strikes was constant, so long as he didn't re-purpose the energy for something else. He'd taken some small amount of damage, but he was far from being defeated. Truth be told, Ryugi had barely scratched the surface of his real power. Such things were hardly warranted under most battle circumstances. On top of that, he wanted to see how the dragon man would fare after taking somewhere around 5-6 tons of cutting force along the tip of the blade, and untold amounts of blunt force trauma across his back, ribs, and spine...

At the moment, the ball was in his court...

Taliesin Bard

04-18-2012

Bard spun his blade about and brought it to bear, "Ready when you are"

Ask Talon

04-18-2012

((The sword may have little energy transferred to it by the explosion, but the hold would have a large amount of kinetic energy transferred to him. So either the wielder would lose grip of the weapon and it would continue on the path with mildly diminished force, or both would be pushed backwards and the force would be greatly diminished.))

AskPantheon

04-18-2012

((This))

FilFire

04-18-2012

((you don't need to face something to grab it. It's easier, but not necessary.))

EDIT: ((And I knew this would go wrong. I've got a couple of ideas how to react to this, but all require what you would probably call overpower.))

Ryugi Kazamaru

04-18-2012

(( What happened was that the force of the explosion knocked Ryugi back. The sword itself was mostly unaffected, which is why it hit with the tip rather than the body of the blade, since Ryugi was knocked backward by the explosive force, which, in turn, moved the blade backward a bit and away from its initial target. ))

(( Regardless, Fil, trying to grab the blade while it is behind you is still fairly pointless when Ryugi is already being knocked away by the explosion you tossed. I'm fine with you taking some diminished damage, but the sword isn't suddenly going to go spinning off. If you had stated where the explosion was centered more clearly, and HOW it had "managed to diminish the blow" we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. ))

(( So, let's just move on with Fil taking the heavy damage you've said he's supposedly taken, and Ryugi being some distance away, having taken some damage from the blast, okay? Even if the blow isn't 5-6 tons, you don't need nearly that much cutting force to do tons of damage to a target. Either way you look at it, Fil is taking a good chunk of damage here... ))

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

With a smile, Kyrian drew his blades. "As you wish." he said as he approached, performing a single quick diagonal slash at his opponent.

FilFire

04-18-2012

((Great, so now I have to find a way to fight someone who is immune to fire and can hit extremely hard, and without going godmode. I'm basically fighting against myself without the draconic body.))

FilFire stands up, and spikes cover his entire body. He rips out chunks of the ground and throws them at Ryugi, while gathering energy in his limbs.

((Wait a second....... I got an idea *evil grin*. Can you still absorb attacks or is that ability off when you're fully charged?))

Ask Ezreal

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
Sarah shielded her face with her guns, trying to evade the shots without looking. The sun is bright!

"Hey! You are not Leon-" Sarah began, but then, the unthinkable happened.

A shot destroyed her hat.

Sarah gasped, looking at the burnt hole piercing through her hat as it landed on the ground in a glowing red heap.

A slow turn to face Ezreal, with a glare upon her face.

"We're playing for keeps, are we?" She asked. "Fine."

Sarah leveled her guns at Ezreal the hat destroyer, gave a maniacal grin, and opened fire, unleashing a hail of bullets as she cackled like an angry Lux.
As the smoke started to clear, a figure of a young man could be seen. Surrounded by small craters in the ground, Ezreal smirked as a barrier of blue energy surrounded him, it was cracked in many places, and in others there were complete holes. As the barrier startled to crumble Ezreal started at Sarah, no grin, no chuckle no movement whatsoever. He then, smiled, a very maniacal smile, a very evil smile, and at that moment that his smile began to fade, he disappeared from sight.

Ezreal had of coursed used arcane shift, he appears to be located in the lower stratosphere. "This hand of mine glows with an awesome power, it's burning grip tells me to defeat you, take this, my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! TRUESHOT BARRAGE!"

Ezreal uses his strength to release a giant barrage of energy missles aimed straight downward, much larger than the League would allow on the fields, about ten times bigger.