The Sparring Grounds [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
Zelas takes the steward aside, away from other's ears and whispers

"Nothing troubles me more then you getting hurt. You are supposed to take care of my sister, why would you hurt yourself now? And... I just generally don't want you to get hurt. You mean something to me."
Tybresa tugs the purple cloak closer to herself, trying her best not to let Zelas notice that she is wearing armor. She looks at him with a perplexed expression on her face, her lips slightly pursed together in distaste.

However, her features softened as her eyes widened in surprise - she clearly did not expect Zelas to say that, out of all the people.

She smiled warmly and extended her hand from underneath her cloak, placing it on his shoulder encouragingly.

Thank you, Zelas. That is ... very kind for you to say, and gratifying for me to hear. But you worry about me too much. I won't get ... hurt.

She slightly bit her lip, knowing that it was a lie. She didn't expect anything serious, but perhaps a bruise and a cut. She narrowed her eyes and looking at him with a serious expression. She spoke in a sincere voice.

Zelas, I know this all... seems odd and dangerous to you. But you have to believe me, when I say - I won't let Narra get hurt. I will take care her, never doubt that.

But what I'm doing now ... this is something that matters to me greatly. She sighs. I don't expect you to understand, but I am doing this for ... for my mother. Perhaps I will tell you someday, but this is not the day.

She lets her hand fall from his shoulder, straightening her pose and looking at him with a proud but distant air. However, there is a small note of pleading in her voice.

Zelas - please. Trust me on this. I do what I must, for those I love and care. I have sacrificed much, and I will never stop doing so if it's for the sake of my beloved ones. So please - if you say that I mean for you, that you are my friend... you will stay out this.

She nods at him curtly and turns on her heels, walking towards General Darius with the same proud and distant air around herself. She nods energetically.

Very well, Darius.

Tybresa's hands reach out from under her cloak and unclasp them. The material falls off from her shoulders and gather in a puddle at her feet, revealing the Senior Steward in a green, light leather armor. The sword hanging at her waist seems simple and light, but sharp and sturdy enough for someone like Tybresa to do more than enough damage if she knows how. Tybresa studies Darius's face, trying to gauge at his thoughts, wondering what he is thinking. She has a small smirk on her face and rests her hand on the sword's handle.

Let us begin.

AskTheGuillotine

03-24-2013

Quote:
Tybresa glanced around herself - she was quite nervous at the crowd slowly gathering. By the Heavens, why did Darius have to pick such a public place? However, she stared back at Darius, a determined expression on her face. She kept the cloak wrapped around herself tightly and nodded.

Certainly, General.

Before she could raise her hands and unclasp the cloak around her frame, she noticed a black form approaching them from the corner of her eye. She turned to look and saw Zelas. In her mind, she cursed thrice - all she needed now was the Shadowmancer to see her fight a champion of Noxus. Lovely.

She tilted her head slightly, perplexed at his question.

Shadowmancer? Is there ... anything I can assist you with?

She looked at Darius and nodded her head apologetically before she took a few steps further from him, motioning for Zelas to follow her. She looks at him with an inquisitive expression.

What ails you?

Darius nodded back to Tybresa, to say that he did not mined. He then stood in place patiently waiting, he did not look over at Tybresa and the man in black as they conversed, he was not one to eves drop.

Quote:
She nods at him curtly and turns on her heels, walking towards General Darius with the same proud and distant air around herself. She nods energetically.

Very well, Darius.

Tybresa's hands reach out from under her cloak and unclasp them. The material falls off from her shoulders and gather in a puddle at her feet, revealing the Senior Steward in a green, light leather armor. The sword hanging at her waist seems simple and light, but sharp and sturdy enough for someone like Tybresa to do more than enough damage if she knows how. Tybresa studies Darius's face, trying to gauge at his thoughts, wondering what he is thinking. She has a small smirk on her face and rests her hand on the sword's handle.

Let us begin.

“Lets”
Darius turns and walks toward the nearest empty sparring ground but as he turned away from Tybresa, a grin came across his face for a moment, before it went back to a cold neutral expression. He was eager to not only test Tybresa’s strength but it was his first time fighting a summoner and at that Tybresa was from the steward council. He wanted to see what he cloud do against the leagues summoners.

As Darius and Tybresa entered the sparring grounds, Darius kept walking to the other side of the field turned to face Tybresa.

“We will do this in rounds. A round will end when you have met the requirement for stopping one of the five assaults or have taken a blow from me; this includes me stopping my axe from hitting you to avoid killing you. You may only fail once; if you fail a second time you will have failed my judgment and will not become a Noxian citizen. The only break between rounds will be the time it takes to walk back to opposite sides of the field.”

“If you understand and are ready, then when you say yes, I will immediately start.”

Darius took his axe off his back and readied himself. So long as she was ready he was ready he would charge right at her. He had prepared himself some, with anti-magic runes, the runes would allow him to cut through magic based on the strength of his attack and the strength of the spell.

((Go ahead and assume that he runes strain at her and the only reason for the anti-magic runes it to stop Tybresa from using the same spell to may times. The first time she uses a spell it will probable work but after that Darius may very well just cut through it, after all it would be no fun if she just cast the bubble ten times. Just as a quick reminder it is stopping him in his tracks 2 times, to block one blow from his axe or to injure him to end a round. It will be fun to have Darius let loose Mwahahahaha!))

Almogs

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheGuillotine View Post
Darius nodded back to Tybresa, to say that he did not mined. He then stood in place patiently waiting, he did not look over at Tybresa and the man in black as they conversed, he was not one to eves drop.

Darius turns and walks toward the nearest empty sparring ground but as he turned away from Tybresa, a grin came across his face for a moment, before it went back to a cold neutral expression. He was eager to not only test Tybresa’s strength but it was his first time fighting a summoner and at that Tybresa was from the steward council. He wanted to see what he cloud do against the leagues summoners.

As Darius and Tybresa entered the sparring grounds, Darius kept walking to the other side of the field turned to face Tybresa.

“We will do this in rounds. A round will end when you have met the requirement for stopping one of the five assaults or have taken a blow from me; this includes me stopping my axe from hitting you to avoid killing you. You may only fail once; if you fail a second time you will have failed my judgment and will not become a Noxian citizen. The only break between rounds will be the time it takes to walk back to opposite sides of the field.”

“If you understand and are ready, then when you say yes, I will immediately start.”

Darius took his axe off his back and readied himself. So long as she was ready he was ready he would charge right at her. He had prepared himself some, with anti-magic runes, the runes would allow him to cut through magic based on the strength of his attack and the strength of the spell.

((Go ahead and assume that he runes strain at her and the only reason for the anti-magic runes it to stop Tybresa from using the same spell to may times. The first time she uses a spell it will probable work but after that Darius may very well just cut through it, after all it would be no fun if she just cast the bubble ten times. Just as a quick reminder it is stopping him in his tracks 2 times, to block one blow from his axe or to injure him to end a round. It will be fun to have Darius let loose Mwahahahaha!))
Zelas stands immoveable, right next to the Sparring Grounds, so he can have the best look at the fight. Knowing already how Darius fights on the fields he is interested on what
he would do outside the fields.

Should Darius somehow lose his temper and decide to attack Tybresa without check, Zelas would surely intervene. Darius would easily overpower the Steward in a normal fight. Should Darius start a reckless assault, Zelas would even jump into the Sparring Grounds themselves.

"Heh." Zelas chuckled to himself as an image of the Steward, standing on top of an unconcious Darius ran through his head.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:

(( I'm not sure if I understood the rules myself, but okay .... get ready to get dunked by a woman, Darius. Also, sucks to be you, because Tybresa ain't planning to use magic at all. She's gonna use the Nightingale fighting style. ))

Tybresa follows Darius to the marked sparring ground, strolling proudly and with her chin held up high. When he explained the rules, she unsheathed her sword and held it in front of chest, sliding her gloved hand up and down the broad side of the sword, as if she was sharpening it. She smirked - it might lead Darius to believe she was enchanting it, but it was just a facade. When he finished speaking, she cut the air in front of her in a large and beautiful arc, seeming to test the balance of her sword. Tybresa assumed the stance a duelist would, with one hand at her back and the sword's tip pointed upward and towards her opponent.

Understood, General. I am ready.

She smirked, an mischievous glint playing in her blue eyes.
Bring it on.

AskTheGuillotine

03-25-2013

Quote:
(( I'm not sure if I understood the rules myself, but okay .... get ready to get dunked by a woman, Darius. Also, sucks to be you, because Tybresa ain't planning to use magic at all. She's gonna use the Nightingale fighting style. ))

Tybresa follows Darius to the marked sparring ground, strolling proudly and with her chin held up high. When he explained the rules, she unsheathed her sword and held it in front of chest, sliding her gloved hand up and down the broad side of the sword, as if she was sharpening it. She smirked - it might lead Darius to believe she was enchanting it, but it was just a facade. When he finished speaking, she cut the air in front of her in a large and beautiful arc, seeming to test the balance of her sword. Tybresa assumed the stance a duelist would, with one hand at her back and the sword's tip pointed upward and towards her opponent.

Understood, General. I am ready.

She smirked, an mischievous glint playing in her blue eyes.
Bring it on.
((Right a better explanation. First if you stop Darius two times such as the bubble or some other strong magical attach that makes Darius stop moving for longer then it take to block it (if he blocks it) then you stopped one assault and both people walk back to opposite sides of the field. Next is if you stop one blow from Darius’s axe, rather self-explanatory, stop an attack from him when he is using his axe, shuch as blocking it or a counter attack that is strong enough to stop Darius’s attack from completing, then the round ends. Last is that if you manage to do harm to Darius then the round ends. One more thing though is that Darius knows that she is a mage and thus made the test for a mage, for him strength is not just physical, so he was going to check on how good a mage she was in battle conditions. Feel free to use the Nightingale fighting style as well but considering that Tybresa can only take one hit and if she takes a second, along with the fact that Darius is a career soldier and had lots and lots of fighting experience even before he was a soldier, it is very unlikely that someone who dedicated most of their studies to magic can meet the conditions without taking two hits. I ask that you not suddenly change Tybresa’s profile to include strenuous swordsmanship training right before a fight, as I cannot suddenly make Darius learn magic. I know I might seem to be being a bit pissy about it but Darius has no extra things to him which means he became a champion with nothing but his fighting skill, that means he is one of the best fighters in all of Runeterra. Tyrbresa is a steward summoner for the institute so she is one of the best mages, so with magic I have no doubt she can past this test with magic but she will probable fail without it.))

((Sorry for so much OCC but I felt those things needed to be said, after all rather hard to pass a test if you don’t fully understand the rules off the test.))

The moment Tybresa says she is ready Darius charges down the field strain toward Tybresa. He leaned forward as he ran, so gravity helped push him forward with every step.Darius’s help his axe read to strike once in range of Tybresa. He kicked up dust as he ran do to weight and strength behind every step. Darius might not be that fastest champion on the league’s fields but one did not become a champion by being slow.

As he neared Tybresa ((If she does not do anything to interrupt the charge)) Darius raised his shoulder so his armor would protect him, as well as hopefully bash though any counter attack, then swing at her with his massive axe. He knew that Tybresa had probable prepared for him but could not tell what it might be until he forced her to show them.

Cryypter

03-25-2013

Kyrian returned once again to the viewing area. He had come to like this place; there was much one learned in combat that could not easily be learned from simple conversation. In the few moments of a spar, one came to know their opponent, almost as if they had been acquainted for years. He took a seat, glancing around the room before finally settling on the match beginning between the Hand of Noxus and what looked to be a fencer. He had seen Darius from the Fields of Justice, but his opponent was unknown to Kyrian.

SurpriseImJax

03-25-2013

Jax entered the sparring grounds, holding his lamp. He noticed Darius immediately and against him, a fair maiden who is rumored to be the Senior-Steward of the league. He stands next to the black robed man that everyone call Zelas, and watches the starting battle, registering any move and any ability that each combatant use. Jax prefers to be ready.
He then realizes once again that the Senior-Steward was but a girl.

"Show him what you got girl! Make him bloody!" Jax shouted to the fair girl, hoping to raise her spirit. He knows already though, that this won't be a fight that she will leave unscarred.

Shinozaki Ayumi

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broshevick View Post
As she shot the next rock at him, Nikoli suddenly sprang into the air, flying up fast and above the rocket. He then dove down at her, falling very fast do to the weight of his suit.
Tania glared at the helmet as she also still held her ground. Slowly locking the bazooka cannon, she aimed carefully before hitting the 'shoot' button.

Immediately, a giant golden ball, the shape of an egg, bursts out and heads straight for the helmet. However, a huge black burst of ash comes out of the egg with a small, little, black ball.

The ash covers Nikoli's helmet, blinding himself and possibly going to run straight into Tania if he kept going. A little chicken came out..

What does this chicken do...?

Shandora

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurpriseImJax View Post
Jax entered the sparring grounds, holding his lamp. He noticed Darius immediately and against him, a fair maiden who is rumored to be the Senior-Steward of the league. He stands next to the black robed man that everyone call Zelas, and watches the starting battle, registering any move and any ability that each combatant use. Jax prefers to be ready.
He then realizes once again that the Senior-Steward was but a girl.

"Show him what you got girl! Make him bloody!" Jax shouted to the fair girl, hoping to raise her spirit. He knows already though, that this won't be a fight that she will leave unscarred.
(( <3 ))

Tybresa kept her focus on her opponent, but she couldn't help herself from smirking. Even the Grandmaster at Arms was cheering for her ...
She wasn't sure that was a good or bad thing, though.

Quote:
((Right a better explanation. First if you stop Darius two times such as the bubble or some other strong magical attach that makes Darius stop moving for longer then it take to block it (if he blocks it) then you stopped one assault and both people walk back to opposite sides of the field. Next is if you stop one blow from Darius’s axe, rather self-explanatory, stop an attack from him when he is using his axe, shuch as blocking it or a counter attack that is strong enough to stop Darius’s attack from completing, then the round ends. Last is that if you manage to do harm to Darius then the round ends. One more thing though is that Darius knows that she is a mage and thus made the test for a mage, for him strength is not just physical, so he was going to check on how good a mage she was in battle conditions. Feel free to use the Nightingale fighting style as well but considering that Tybresa can only take one hit and if she takes a second, along with the fact that Darius is a career soldier and had lots and lots of fighting experience even before he was a soldier, it is very unlikely that someone who dedicated most of their studies to magic can meet the conditions without taking two hits. I ask that you not suddenly change Tybresa’s profile to include strenuous swordsmanship training right before a fight, as I cannot suddenly make Darius learn magic. I know I might seem to be being a bit pissy about it but Darius has no extra things to him which means he became a champion with nothing but his fighting skill, that means he is one of the best fighters in all of Runeterra. Tyrbresa is a steward summoner for the institute so she is one of the best mages, so with magic I have no doubt she can past this test with magic but she will probable fail without it.))

((Sorry for so much OCC but I felt those things needed to be said, after all rather hard to pass a test if you don’t fully understand the rules off the test.))

The moment Tybresa says she is ready Darius charges down the field strain toward Tybresa. He leaned forward as he ran, so gravity helped push him forward with every step.Darius’s help his axe read to strike once in range of Tybresa. He kicked up dust as he ran do to weight and strength behind every step. Darius might not be that fastest champion on the league’s fields but one did not become a champion by being slow.

As he neared Tybresa ((If she does not do anything to interrupt the charge)) Darius raised his shoulder so his armor would protect him, as well as hopefully bash though any counter attack, then swing at her with his massive axe. He knew that Tybresa had probable prepared for him but could not tell what it might be until he forced her to show them.
(( Understood - though once again, you misunderstood what I meant. Don't worry though - I know how to keep my limits and I assure you, Tybresa IS NOT, in fact, an Amazon queen - she won't beat Darius, but if anything, she might be able to connect a couple of blows on him. I'm not going to ruin the surprise by telling you about the Nightingale fighting style (She'll tell you that herself) but I think I told you before - Darius will have a hard time aiming at her. ))

Tybresa unflinchingly kept her stance, her sword in her hand and aimed forward. She fixed her blue eyes on Darius, watching his every move, his every step and counting his every breath. She couldn't help but feel that it was slightly unfair - as a summoner, she knew how Darius fought not only by seeing him on the Fields of Justice, but she has looked into his mind, felt the blood rush through his veins as he fought - and killed.

As Darius charged towards her, she kept her cool and took a breath. She kept repeating the words her mother taught her about the Nightingale.

Swift, like the gale and untouchable, like the night.

(( Assuming this was an horizontal swing, like his Crippling Strike, but aimed higher - at her torso perhaps, and without the spinning around ...))
When Darius reached her and tried to swing at her with his axe, she quickly changed her position and ducked, the blade narrowly missing her. She knew he cannot react fast enough - the momentum he used to swing his axe is going to take him a while to get back to his initial position, not to mention his heavy armor strains him - she simply stepped in front of him, in the space between his body and his extended arm ...

... and attempted to bash him with the hilt of her sword.

(( I'd advise to simply put in a single attack/move, not the whole Up+Up+Left+Down+Right+A+B+Start combo .... just a tip. ))

AskTheGuillotine

03-26-2013

Quote:
(( Understood - though once again, you misunderstood what I meant. Don't worry though - I know how to keep my limits and I assure you, Tybresa IS NOT, in fact, an Amazon queen - she won't beat Darius, but if anything, she might be able to connect a couple of blows on him. I'm not going to ruin the surprise by telling you about the Nightingale fighting style (She'll tell you that herself) but I think I told you before - Darius will have a hard time aiming at her. ))

Tybresa unflinchingly kept her stance, her sword in her hand and aimed forward. She fixed her blue eyes on Darius, watching his every move, his every step and counting his every breath. She couldn't help but feel that it was slightly unfair - as a summoner, she knew how Darius fought not only by seeing him on the Fields of Justice, but she has looked into his mind, felt the blood rush through his veins as he fought - and killed.

As Darius charged towards her, she kept her cool and took a breath. She kept repeating the words her mother taught her about the Nightingale.

Swift, like the gale and untouchable, like the night.

(( Assuming this was an horizontal swing, like his Crippling Strike, but aimed higher - at her torso perhaps, and without the spinning around ...))
When Darius reached her and tried to swing at her with his axe, she quickly changed her position and ducked, the blade narrowly missing her. She knew he cannot react fast enough - the momentum he used to swing his axe is going to take him a while to get back to his initial position, not to mention his heavy armor strains him - she simply stepped in front of him, in the space between his body and his extended arm ...

... and attempted to bash him with the hilt of her sword.

(( I'd advise to simply put in a single attack/move, not the whole Up+Up+Left+Down+Right+A+B+Start combo .... just a tip. ))
((Sorry it’s an old habit from the previous RP site I was on. It preferred for each of your posts to be at least one page long, so you would basically put your intent and they would react and then state their intent and back and forth like that, instead of one strike at a time. The reason for it was that a lot more of the people on the site could not necessarily post daily so each post needed to say more.))

As Darius charged he was somewhat confused as to why, Tybresa was not casting any spells. He knew that she had a sword but she was a summoner, a mage. Darius hoped she did not plan on taking him on with nothing but her sword; otherwise he was sure this would be a very sort judgment. Even if she had been in his head, from summoning him and could dodge most of the attacks where he used his axe, she had not seen him off the fields. His fighting off the fields was even less pretty; he was far more brutal with his fighting style.

When Tybresa to bash Darius’s abdomen, with the hilt of her sword, Darius countered it by kneeing strait into the hilt of her sword and brought the hilt of his axe down toward the shoulder of the arm she was wielding her sword with.

((It was also a good bit easier to choreograph fights because there was a chat box on the previous site I was at, so we could talk about it before hand also… a lot of us knew each other in real life too.))