The Sparring Grounds [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalPlutonium View Post
Jon only stared at her for a moment. Then, her words registering in his head, he nodded, putting his revolver back into his holster.

"I think so too," he breathed. "Well fought, Dragonborn. I should thank you, for you've done me a great service in helping me prepare for my future expedition. It would appear I still need to prepare far more, however, especially seeing how much I've taken and how much you have," saying this while he looked at himself; his armor vest was shredded, his helmet sufficiently dented, his limbs had cuts and burns all over, and his vision started blurring and his hearing echoed again. He walked with a slight limp to his medic satchel. "I'd think I did almost nothing to you, even with employing my entire arsenal. I'm starting to have doubts as to my capability."

He then turned to his Options, saying, "Oscar-Charlie-Tango-Mike." The Options immediately changed their glow from orange to green and began to hum in a more pleasant tune. Jon opened up his satchel, took out a needle less injector, and administered a painkiller into himself. Two of his Options began emitting green healing beams, which slowly but methodically began healing Jon, cooling his burns and closing the cuts.

After administering the painkiller, he walked over to Shyvana, his walking now normal due to the healing.
"Do you need any assistance?" He asked.
Shyvana looked herself over. With a dismissive motion, she wiped some dust off her armor.

"Nope, I'm good." She said, with a smirk. "Well fought, but pray you encounter no dragons."

DC WWWWWWWWWWWWW

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana looked herself over. With a dismissive motion, she wiped some dust off her armor.

"Nope, I'm good." She said, with a smirk. "Well fought, but pray you encounter no dragons."
Jon nodded, with a small closed-mouth smile.

"Ah well, that depends on whether or not they aren't where I need to go."

"Regardless, until next time." With that, Jon gave a salute of respect, turned around, and headed back into the Institute.

And yet, it wasn't the last that would be heard of Jon from the grounds. In the distance, Jon could be heard exclaiming.

"AGAIN?!" Was all Jon said, upon seeing that his right wrist-watch had actually broke during the fight. Great, another chunk of gold down the drain to get a new one...

Ask Shyvana

12-27-2012

"Goodbye for now." Shyvana responded, and walked off.

AskPantheon

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDoctorMundo View Post
Mundo's wounds were already closing up as Pantheon evaded his cleaver, but the behemoth didn't really pay any mind to the fancy maneuvers the Artisan performed. The featureless eyes were focused on the man himself, not his weapons, and for this reason Mundo thought nothing of it when Pantheon hacked into his elbow, which also had the misfortune to cut the tendons hidden underneath. Suffice it to say, Mundo's arm holding the cleaver became a useless stump, as the doctor dropped his weapon on the ground unable to keep his grip.

It didn't seem to matter to him, however, a he growled out with a fury never before seen. Within the next few moments the air around Mundo began to distort, then burst into flame as he brought his other arm foward, an enormous fist moving fast to crash into Pantheon's head!
Pantheon quickly rolled off to the side, yanking his spear out of the ground as he did so. Getting himself out of a big mess of weapons, he stuck his sword, which was in the same hand his spear was in, back into it's sheath, and then backed up slightly to a safe distance before making his next move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Lux entered the sparring grounds, no doubt getting the attention of everyone there. She still had her baton, but it was secured on her back. She instead wielded a full on broadsword. It was noticeably smaller than most, but it was still a fearsome and heavy piece of steel. Lux smiled at the onlookers, knowing she looked weird, and calmly awaited her opponent.
Pantheon calmly marched out onto the sparring grounds directly across from his opponent. He was armed with only a sword and his shield, he carried no spear on him. He faced Lux, and then took a moment to bend down and take a handful of sand from the arena floor, and then rub it between his hands. He returned to a standing position, and then called out to Lux.

"Are you ready to begin?"

Dear Luxanna

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskPantheon View Post
Pantheon calmly marched out onto the sparring grounds directly across from his opponent. He was armed with only a sword and his shield, he carried no spear on him. He faced Lux, and then took a moment to bend down and take a handful of sand from the arena floor, and then rub it between his hands. He returned to a standing position, and then called out to Lux.

"Are you ready to begin?"
Lux tensed up a little as Pantheon entered the arena. She curiously watched him, seeing what he was doing... and then remembered that, right, that's a good idea. She mimicked his motions, getting her hands nice and dirty. When that was done, she got up, grabbed her sword, and smiled.

"Ready!" She called.

She held her sword at the ready.

AskPantheon

12-27-2012

Pantheon nodded, and then flipped his shield up so that the top of it was resting on his left shoulder. His sword hovered around the side of his shield. He slowly began to walk forward toward Lux, carefully evaluating his opponent.

Dear Luxanna

12-28-2012

Lux narrowed her eyes and smirked a little, quite confident for the time being though she admittedly had no idea how to get through that shield. She approached at a similar pace, thinking it over. When she got close enough, Lux opened by kicking the leftmost part of the shield, seeing how that would advance the fight.

AskPantheon

12-28-2012

The kick had no effect on Pantheon or the location of his shield, Lux's foot just bounced right off of it. Pantheon did not react to the strike, he merely remained in a guarding stance, waiting for Lux to carry on.

AskCaptainPlank

12-28-2012

Gangplank strode into the sparring grounds, ready for a fight with his opponent, blade sharpened and covered in grog, eight flintlocks in his clothing.

Dear Luxanna

12-28-2012

Lux tilted her head slightly, studying Pantheon's reaction. He may have remained stoic and stone-faced in his own mind, and for the most part, he did just that. But the gears were turning in Lux's mind. She would continue to test him.

Lux suddenly put her hand right on Pantheon's shield, leaning against it, and attempted to strike at Pantheon by swinging the sword past his shield's right.