[Suggestion] Connections Limit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykomyke

10-22-2009

I know at first glance this seems like a rant, but honestly this is something that affects...actually PLAGUES the playerbase.

Let me preface this with the idea behind Riot's design. Wanting games to last 20-60 minutes, with intentions on that number being closer to 20. That's fine. However it's a problem when you are waiting for nearly 30...yes THIRTY minutes for a game to start.

I created a game last night right before I was going to go to sleep. Started at 11:02 and ended up calling it a night at 11:28 with no game started at all. I had enough people join then leave to create at least 5 games. I *almost* started but then someone left at the champion select screen, and then after that had a cascade of people join and leave repeatedly, never getting the full 10 (but getting 9/10).

My suggestion is to limit the connections per minute. Initially I think 4-5 game connections per minute is more then ample. But obviously this is something Riot can test out.

It's rather ridiculous for the people to join/leave as much as they do. I realize that you get a message from a friend/invite from a friend to come play their game so of course you will leave. But 4-5 connections PER minute should resolve that. Heck I think it should only be 3 but that's just my opinion.

It's just simple math, I shouldn't spend a longer amount of time trying to make a game then I should actually playing it.

Now before anyone goes and says that this is unneccessary, stupid, or never been done before...I'd like to point out that a VERY BIG and VERY POPULAR game had a connections per limit, that had a much stricter penalty if you exceeded it.

That game was Diablo 2. If you connected to too many games in a short time span it would boot you from battle.net and then not let you login for 5-15 minutes (on average).

That's my suggestion. It would just be another step to help prevent leavers, and allow games to get started faster. Sure, early on it would take people getting used to it. But after people were aware of the connections per limit they would abide by it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asvarduil

10-22-2009

I heartily agree. The "instaleavers" are one of the hardest things for me to stomach about the game. I also feel that a connection limitation would be a great benefit.