Update 1.0.0.32 - What have you done?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gott

10-22-2009

I will just get to the point: WORST UPDATE EVER:

New Interfaces looks bigger and a lot of space is used for "looking cool and doing nothing", the old interface had nearly no place that jsut did nothing ...

Heimerdinger is now really underpowered, and yes i agree before the patch it was overpowered, but now i don't want to play it any more.

Still no runes, or any use for Influence-Points, at least you have removed the get runes button.

I know the influence-points-things will come and runes also, and heimer can still be nice if you play it right ... but can you at least give the fans of the old user-interface an option to change between the old and the new one?

Ryoshi

10-22-2009

Welcome to this wonderful thing called change.

I personally enjoy the interface. Yeah, some text needs to be resized. Yeah, some bars need to be fixed. They merely wanted to be able for you to see more information on that main screen. I don't exactly know what parts you consider "looking cool and doing nothing". If you want to provide more constructive criticism, provide screenshots and point them out. Riot is very appreciative of constructive criticism.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

No use for influence points atm since we are in beta. All those options will become available when live hits.

As for the interface, give it time. I actually like the new interface as I can see my cds without looking to my left but merely glancing down. Font could be a tad bigger for your stats but overall I like.

RIOT has said that they will not be giving us the option to switch between the 2 UI due to the fact that when a change is made to one a change has to be made to the other resulting in double the work.

CG Myster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

This patch did more good. Please feel free to STOP making more posts about how you dislike it.

Tyconderoga

10-22-2009

New UI:

Pros:
Team members visual at all times.
More organized layout
Statistics easily found

Cons:
Unoriginal layout (looks like a mix between WC3 and World of Warcraft)
Text very small when using high resolution
Champion's health bar is harder to keep track o f(least for me) i liked i could look at the bottom and see everything

I really think you should bring back the old UI just and the "squad" unit frames and put the statistics in the Character window. I really think the old UI had a better appeal. Very original.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyconderoga View Post
New UI:

Cons:
Unoriginal layout (looks like a mix between WC3 and World of Warcraft)
Text very small when using high resolution
Champion's health bar is harder to keep track o f(least for me) i liked i could look at the bottom and see everything
I agree on the text.

Gott

10-22-2009

Ok i just made a picture of it ...
http://i33.tinypic.com/2nv88pd.jpg
I totally agree to the cons:
Looks like wc3/wow just ... even more lame
And i normally play at 1680*1050, the text is really hard to read, and the good old big healthbar ... you don'T really look at it and still see what your health is (sorry for bad english, german thought was "du musst nicht hinschauen und weißt trotzdem wie es um deine gesundheit steht")

The new Interface has so much sharp edges, they are hurting my eyes ... the old interface was round and soft and beautiful and new (at least i have not played a lot of games with round buttons instead of sharp-edge-buttons)

i also prefer my items in 1 row, so i see what item i bought first, looks just better sorted i think ...

i don't like the color and design of the new Level-up-buttons, the old were like "HEY CLICK ME NOW!!" and the new ... well i forgot to skill 3 lvls ...

the old skill-icons were bigger (so easier to click, whats the main thing about clickable buttons i think ...)

the skills an abilities were optically seperated, the new interface lets you think a ability is a skill

does the passive-ability really need an own icon, or isn't it enough to display it as a usual small buff icon

buyshop-icon looks smaller (i know it is the same size, but it does not look as important as before)

new map is nearly too big ... but thats just my opion
new map has no zoom in/out buttons

i miss my "view locked" - button ... it was such a nice idea and is away forever? ...

3 digits after comma at attacking-speed ... 2 would be enough ...

2 Things i really like at the new interface:
the main stats are displayed, waited forever for attackspeed, crit chance and cooldown-reduction would also be interesting ...

stats in the upper right somehow look better

Sorry for this hard critics but I hope you may read it, and change some points

Xiao

10-22-2009

My main problem is that I let 3 or 4 levels go by before I realize I have points to spend.

Meliphante

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
My main problem is that I let 3 or 4 levels go by before I realize I have points to spend.
+1

Opodomus

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gott View Post
I will just get to the point: BEST UPDATE EVER:
Fixed.