[Guide] Malphite - the rocky dps tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeonstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

With dps Malphite are you meant to constantly roam and gank midgame, or farm? I'm new to LoL (I play HoN usually), but his w ability seems like a free runed axe (sorta equivalent to tiamat), which is absolutely necessary on most melee carries in HoN; you rush the runed axe with a babysitter to ensure u get last hits, and then u farm like crazy during midgame, either using an ability to gain attack speed to make ur splash effective, or purchasing an attack speed item right after ur runed axe. Would this work in LoL, or is the game usually too short to keep switching lanes and farm up luxury items?

solarcleric

04-22-2010

Interesting idea but I never used him like that because it doesn't play to his strengths.

He's a tank/support so I load up on armor and AP.

Lysergik

05-23-2010

I like that this guide touches on physical dps for malphite, because that's what he really is at the core of his mechanic. However, I don't think you're utilizing his passive, or his ground slam/

Lysergik

05-23-2010

One more thing I didn't like what what you said for runes, crit damage is more important than crit chance, with zeal you get 10% and phantom dancer gives you 30. If you end up building an atma's it makes it **** close to 50. With all of your marks as crit damage you do another 20% crit damage. This stacked with your brutal strikes ability; it does alot of damage. When I play Malphite I sometimes do the most damage on my team, 3v3 respectively.

Telgaren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Looks like Riot agrees with OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
Code:
Malphite    Melee DPS

Datadagger

10-23-2010

just tried a game with this. I gotta say, inf edge+W hits like cement truck. I was taking down turrets without a second thought.

Declipse

10-23-2010

Why is a thread from 2009 still getting bumped?

wreakerofhavok

08-24-2011

i wish you added your build.i have recently discovered malphite i bought a bundle early on with hm in t and many other a play very little ut my gf like squshy champs so ive begun playing tanky ones to compensate in lane.
i cant really find a build i like for him though im working on my own. i dont want to lose tankieness to much so heres my current thought
first off cloth armor and 2 health pots save the rest. asap get ninja tabi and zeal.
next get phage and maybe the dagger or the cload for phantoms. finish phantoms first then frozen mallet. also sunfire cape thorn mail and infinity edge are awesome for him. and you still end up tanky and can hurt them easily. i usually average 15/7/25 or so.
a ghost blady would also be terrifying on him not sure what i would replace though