[Guide] Malphite - the rocky dps tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unclassified

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchReaper View Post
The only thing that makes Malphite even reasonable as a potential tank is his passive.
imo the only thing that makes malphite a tank in any possible way is the attack speed reduction debuff from 'Ground Slam' (which would count as damage mitigation)

the recharging of 'Granite Shield' takes 10 seconds, and 10 seconds can be a very long time for someone who is "doomed" to be a tank. it will most likely not recharge as long as he fights due to various damage sources (aoe spells, minions), which makes it only available at the beginning of fights. his passive profits from fightbreaks, namely switching between lanes (to assists ganks) or creep spots (jungle), supporting a roaming playstyle regarding the protection of his effective lifepool.

"oooh it benefits from hitpoints, let's stack hitpoints and become a tank"
"hell yeah, and let's stack armor because it increases 'Ground Slam'-damage"
i call bs, the same logic justifies stacking ap for 'Seismic Shard' AND 'Unstoppable Force'. grab the freakin golem-buff, go 9/0/21 with cd-reduc runes, build lichbane and you are good to go, right?

and while we are at it, let's abuse teemo's new passive and simply not move during a game, i can already hear shaco&co crying a whole river army for not having a stealth buff without time limitation...and who needs to move anyway!

you get my point. also bump for the end of an era where everyone thinks that big moving rocks are tanks. think of "rock solid" as the lil brother of "solid snake", there is a reason why malph is flagged as an assasin, eh?

Anthony Giedos

01-30-2010

"You can go DPS with any hero labeled a "tank". Doesn't mean you should though. "

lol, DPS Alistar......

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

oh

my

****ing

god

this

build

is

RAPE

Only hero that could stop me in the last game I played was Teemo because he got distance on me & Blind. I could enjoy a good beating from Teemo for about 6-7 seconds while all my hits missed (plus I had to run to get to him).

I was killing 3 heroes within 4-5 seconds end game. I topped the build off with a Bloodthrister and OH MY GOD... Malphite is my new pet for a while...

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil View Post
Just so everyone knows, this guide is not something you should follow, ever. Malphite is NOT a physical damage hero. Do not ever get infinity edge, or anything that adds atk power for Malphite.

Short and to the point: armor, HP, magic resist.
he must not want anyone playing DPS malphite lol.. it rapes

shadowslice

02-17-2010

i gotta try this. looks SOOOOOO RAPE

ChamomileSky

03-07-2010

I've been using this build for a few games, i do indeed love it, but against a magic heavy team, I get my face rocked in. Same thing Trist with ignite and last whisper? dead. If people are gank roaming, this build is a leaf in the wind.

Not gonna lie though, seeing 800ish dmg crits pop up 91% of the time ( it was a REALLY long game) was freaking schweet.

Any advice on how to add some survivability and still remain dps?

Jumex

03-08-2010

His passive is not the only reason he makes a tank. He has one of the best initations in the game for teamfights...

It's friggin awesome when the enemy team doesn't take any magic dps champs and I can just stack armor and rape everybody with my ground slam.

I haven't tried a straight up dps build just because malphite makes a much better addition to his team played as a tank. I remember there being a match where I was tank malphite and there was a dps malphite on the other team. After he would charge in with his ult he would drop like paper. I had probably 2 or 3 times as many kills as him..

juzz sayin

madroxthree

03-08-2010

hmmm.. yeah this build is pretty cool but you're not too good of an intiator mid to end game because you don't really want to be targeted first. so for a team fight i'd go with the tankiness.. but if there aren't much magic dps on the other team then this build completely rapes and its fun as hell mowing down towers.

last game i played with this build all it took was one sweep of their heroes to push 3 towers and 2 inhibitors.. and this was with an infinity edge, zerk greaves, philosophers stone and a phage.

hunkfish

04-05-2010

the item build sucks totally before you get IE, yeah just throw all the godly end game damage items on him.
wheres your mid game? farming for BF Swords? LOL

I will say: "you want to do good in mid game and to a smooth end game? so where's the SHEEN?"
Malphite got 4 active spells and 3 are short cooldown. SHEEN gives you the mana to spam the spells to keep sheen ability procing. Sheen damage gives you the burst that malphite do not have.

Midnight88

04-10-2010

i think its a great guide personally its more end game which is great i used W and did great damage on ash as i had 50% hp and ashe had 100% and was 18 compared to my 15