Turret Suggestion for Heimerdinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Magic Sausage

10-22-2009

This lastest nerf to the Heim seems kind of harsh. After thinking about it I believe the turrets should deactivate while Heimer isn't on the field not explode. This way invested time isn't wasted and he doesn't remain a bullet magnet to kill the turrets instantly, but the turrets themselves are very vulnerable to attack while Heimer is off of the field.

Aeonus

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Sausage View Post
This lastest nerf to the Heim seems kind of harsh. After thinking about it I believe the turrets should deactivate while Heimer isn't on the field not explode. This way invested time isn't wasted and he doesn't remain a bullet magnet to kill the turrets instantly, but the turrets themselves are very vulnerable to attack while Heimer is off of the field.
Agreed
Destroy = Deactivate instead

Chapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Disagree

For full response, see this thread:
https://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boa...ad.php?t=19794

Quote:
4) The change that came with the last patch was perfect. This forces people to consider the decision of diving in and trying to get early-game kills with Heimer. If you screw up, you lose the considerable amount of lane control you had with your turrets. This relegates Heimer to being a considerably more defensive hero early-game, and it also strengthens the argument for his place as a TEAM SUPPORT hero late-game. In team battles, as Heimer, you probably will die. A lot. And your turrets are scrap. But your spam-able grenades and rockets make the rest of the battle much smoother for your team, since you're basically a distance-AoE disabler.

Stormiy

10-22-2009

WHY so much QQ treads about this? Give you an incredibly OP char and you people fall in love with anything op you get and after nerf want everything back (being "polite" and sneaky so it does not look that you want everything back).

Pathway

10-23-2009

I agree, having all of the turrets explode is a little much considering:

1)Turrets cost a lot of mana
2)Turrets take a lot of time to set up
3)Turrets are a lot weaker after the patch
4)Turrets involve "2" of his spells; one being his ultimate!
5)Turrets don't help at all late game

I enjoyed Heim when he first came out ... but I think he has been nerfed too much due to complaints from people who were not adaptive. Heim was a different type of hero to play and to fight against; most players did not recognize this and failed to alter their strategies accordingly. Now Heim has been horribly nerfed.

Suggestions:

1) allow Heim to have more turrets if they are weaker.
2) let the turrets naturally level up over time and give him a new ultimate
3) reduce mana cost and cooldown time

I think that any of the above would help to balance his play

Scathain

10-23-2009

The real reason the turrets die, is because once heim died, he would still gain exp and could level up while dead, this was the only way riot could see to easily fix him.

Elad

10-23-2009

Nub question, but do Heimerdinger's turret do any explosive "damage" when they explode? If not, I think it would be pretty cool to have them do some AOE shrapnel damage upon exploding.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2009

the change was absolutely perfect for heim. Its all that they needed to fix him.

the only real problem with him was that he could hold an entire lane by himself and, if he had enough time to set up. could buff a lane with something even stronger than a normal tower, 6 level 3 turrets. that was his ONLY problem, that made him such a major complaining factor. The turrets exploding when he dies completely negates that problem, since it makes him need to acually worry about surviving more. and hes not exactly squishy as far as casters tho, so its not like its easy to kill him.

basically the change just made him less noob friendly. and made it more "worth it" to learn how to play him properly. Perfect as is... MAYBE a tiny, tiny damage buff to missles endgame