Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zanaskor

05-20-2012

Quote:
UnicornViolet:
I don't think Shaco is that great. My friend whom I consider to be an expert at DoTA 2 and LoL even struggles to do well with Shaco. He is so horrible in a team fight too. :-(

Shaco used to be my favorite hero. I know personally that Shaco was a super beast before whatever that patch did to him. I used to be really good with him too. I remember getting over 90% of the kills (on more than just Shaco) when its around 30-50 kills or more. His early game was definitely too **** strong (I shut down games to the nexus in 10-20 minutes, 3v3 around 5 minutes) but he's close to useless now, or even just useless in general. I used to play him hybrid all the time. Crushed all the other Shacos.

As he is now, its hard to even do anything. His shiv was essential to my playstyle (long range slow/early game harass). He was viable in team fight so long as you didn't go in and tank like an idiot. Do some smart **** with your ult and pick off the squishies and confuse the **** out of them. I loved him for his deception. He wasn't necessarily a stand still and autohit. It was more rewarding completely dominating the other team's minds and walk away unscratched, 5 kills richer. Just gotta own that map and strut like you got a pair.

Anyways, too long, probably no one is going to read this, either way my point is, Shaco barely resembles who he was before. I used to like this game for the multiple builds on heros (ad malphite does some deeps) and if there is a build that "works" on the current shaco...where the **** is it? I bought a skin for this guy, he's my favorite champion (pre-nerf Shaco) at least make it so he stands a chance. Can't do **** with this guy if lanes are terrible, I never cared for his box (thought it was too cheap), I hope things change eventually. Nerf Xin ffs. Or Noc.

EffectFX

05-20-2012

shaco is worthless late game

Technician Tim

05-20-2012

Actually i believe they recently buffed shaco..i think more people are just realizing how to beat him..also shaco generally jungles and the clone wont have buffs, little things like that make people realize shaco is a novelty champion..not really effective in a teamfight unless hes ganking something.

Bartos Mensk

05-20-2012

Yeah, I never saw why Shaco was so frightening people avoid him. I mean, really, how is he any more frightening than other junglers? Riot pretty much nerfed him into the ground, so that you need an insane amount of skill to play with him well. And I mean a LOT of skill.

Personally, whenever Riot nerf's a champion's early game, I feel like they're handicapping the champion for the whole game. Really, because if you have a **** early game, odds are the enemy had a good one at your expense, and it makes it really difficult to catch up.

ripne1

05-21-2012

he needs a buff to be able 2 compeat with the other champs i no hes a difficoult champ 2 use but u dont have to make it harder which has happend

Keirndmo

05-21-2012

They did nerf him and he is now a terrible champ
I don't understand banning him anymore

PapillonMyu

05-21-2012

I agree I always say in picks and ban when im captain that I dont plan to ban shaco in any way.

Nowadays im much more scared of alistar coming behind my turret and trowing me indo the claws of their mid than of that shaco who i can cc and safely if needed flash away

Eragon ShadeSlay

07-25-2012

Well even tho riot nerfed shaco 2 times he's still op if u build him with crictal damage runes. The funny part is i retired from lol at 2008 and came back at 2011 i played shaco and didnt even realize he was nerfed xD i still got a lot of kills from him. But the sad part is 3vs3 twisted treeline i cant use decieve to go over the top wall to the bushes which makes a great gank. Well riot increase shaco e abality which for me was excellent because when we triple or double team the enemy i can use e to get the last kill which makes me great mid and late game. if riot nerf shaco once more ill be ****ed and then im not playing this game anymore

Umezete

07-25-2012

They nerfed the hell out of him.

Ap shaco was getting double buff so they raped jitb timers to make that impossible and boxes worthless as wards and nests.

They increased range you can lay boxes and used it to justify damage nerf and a slight increase to how long it takes to arm, making it worthless in ganks unless the enemy way over extended.

They nerfed his early game (the only reason he saw any play) to "buff" his late game. (Which resulted in yet ANOTHER ap shaco nerf but gutting the ap ratio on e and giving e better ad scaling at the cost of making bonus ad only.)

Basically as shaco if you completely outplay your opponent you can still die due to the fact that now all your ratios suck and even if you do get kills and get fed you are shut down by any team with more than one bruiser/tank.

Skymist

07-27-2012

Shaco still a strong champ in early, mid and late game, noobs plz, l2p him