Rengar Isn't Rengar anymore

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leoprodigy

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

When Riot released Rengar the concept was to release a deadly feline predator whose core power would stem from planning an unseen attack and using the jungle/bushes to your advantage. With the increasing amounts of nerfs, especially the new warning indicator for a champ whose stealth has a long cool down already, Rengar has become a cute non existent threat. With warning indicators players are encouraged not to ward and can more accurate plan when freeze and push lanes simply by looking at mini-map and seeing whose missing from lane. This eliminates the presence of rengar being around any corner without properly warding just like with any other stealth jungle(kha'zix, eve, shaco). These indicators even work in fog of war where the champions don't have vision anyway? How is this fair. If riot wants to nerf the ganking presence a simply cooldown increase would be more appropriate than warning people in lane thats hes coming before he's even halfway there, giving opponents enough time to run back to tower.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doomsabre

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

LOL, he's currently one of the strongest jungles in the game, his damage output is insane at low levels and only increases through to late game too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsabre View Post
LOL, he's currently one of the strongest jungles in the game, his damage output is insane at low levels and only increases through to late game too.
but is he rengar?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImHallucination

Member

2 Weeks Ago

Junior member pls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApplePah

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsabre View Post
LOL, he's currently one of the strongest jungles in the game, his damage output is insane at low levels and only increases through to late game too.
I wouldn't say he's top tier.. He's good, but he can be shut down pretty easily. He doesn't have the best clear speed, and he requires a fair amount of gold to get rolling. Rengar's Bonetooth Necklace REQUIRES kills/assists, or you won't be nearly as strong as you could be. Basically you have to farm champions AND your jungle in order to get into your mid/late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solsar

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoprodigy View Post
When Riot released Rengar the concept was to release a deadly feline predator whose core power would stem from planning an unseen attack and using the jungle/bushes to your advantage. With the increasing amounts of nerfs, especially the new warning indicator for a champ whose stealth has a long cool down already, Rengar has become a cute non existent threat. With warning indicators players are encouraged not to ward and can more accurate plan when freeze and push lanes simply by looking at mini-map and seeing whose missing from lane. This eliminates the presence of rengar being around any corner without properly warding just like with any other stealth jungle(kha'zix, eve, shaco). These indicators even work in fog of war where the champions don't have vision anyway? How is this fair. If riot wants to nerf the ganking presence a simply cooldown increase would be more appropriate than warning people in lane thats hes coming before he's even halfway there, giving opponents enough time to run back to tower.
Late game rengar can cross the space the warning space to his leap distance in under a second WITHOUT boots. Rengar will be ok.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoMonku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

I agree that Rengar isn't what his lore fits him out to be anymore, but it had to change. There was no counterplay against it before. Rengar would come out and 100->0 a carry, winning the game/objective/team fight not through skill, but because the opponent had no chance to do anything. Yes, this fits his lore, but Riot like to have counterplay. Skills used in the game are created with the thought of counterplay behind it. So its fun for both the person using it and person its being used on. Old Rengar ult you had no chance to avoid him, especially with the oracles changes not being permanent anymore. So the only real way is to give the opponent more forewarning, so they have an opportunity to counter his engage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerole

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsabre View Post
LOL, he's currently one of the strongest jungles in the game, his damage output is insane at low levels and only increases through to late game too.
What? He can't gank pre-6 and his scalings are terrible. If he goes full DMG in order to gimp squishies, he'll get insta bursted himself once he jumps in.

His 150-70s ultimate is now a glorified dash (as opposed to ambush it served as before). After the recent range, why in the world would you play him over Elise, J4, Wukong, or Pantheon when they can do everything he does - but better?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jbels

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerole View Post
What? He can't gank pre-6 and his scalings are terrible. If he goes full DMG in order to gimp squishies, he'll get insta bursted himself once he jumps in.

His 150-70s ultimate is now a glorified dash (as opposed to ambush it served as before). After the recent range, why in the world would you play him over Elise, J4, Wukong, or Pantheon when they can do everything he does - but better?
Pantheon's initiation can be seen coming from a mile away, I don't see how his ult does a better job then Rengar's. At the same time though, I will admit that his ranged harrass is better, his dash stun is better, and his damage output at earlier levels probably ****s all over Rengar's


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsStout

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Even late.


A 150% to 300% AD scaling on a cooldown as short as Karthus Q is insane.


12