Pre-select roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eabe

04-11-2012

I guess you guys didn't read my second comment its not calling out a meta. Its called calling a position. Such as top, solo top, mid, solo mid, bot, and so on. And as you guys said you cant enforce it 100%. Making it easy too hmm you know say for a premade teams to do that kind of stuff.

But I'm not talking about premade teams I'm talking about solo queue. Which hardly ever tries stuff like that. I am talking about making solo queue and the random team creation better. When wow implemented the queue system the game kept all lot more people after each expansion/content patch a lot longer. Sure there where still trolls and it then implemented the kicking system. Trolls in wow has gone way down.

I don't see why you couldn't vote to kick a troll in champion selection. You know the people. I see trolls in the champion selection phase all the time. people banning odd champions because you said you wanted to play him mid. people picking support chars when there are already support chars selected, and so on. Yes even this could be abused by a 4 man premade looking for a specific role to fill.

There are ways around this 1 vote per player every every 15 mins. Make it so if your a premade your vote only counts as 1 with every person your premade with. Needing 3 votes for you to kick. Meaning premades of 3 or 4 couldn't kick anyone. It is possible and reasonable to do this.

Don't hate it cuz you only thought it half way through. You get to the point in logic where you say ahh but trolls could do this and then stop. So what if a troll can do this or that. People will always be out there to make your life worse. What you want to do is make it harder for them to do that. If your kicked your re-queue time is 15 mins and so on. In my opinion RIOT should remove re-queue times for people dodging.

I guess I should say first pick for the team not necessary first pick overall is what I would like.

not enough down votes only -2. I thought there where a lot more trolls out there .

RS Raedon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-11-2012

Learn to play support. You cant be last pick EVERY time but if you are, then you're just bad. Removing requeue times would have everyone dodging and that'd result in never getting to play because someone doesnt like the team comp or doesnt get to play the role they want. Sound familiar? The point is, if you're gonna play ranked, either learn to play support as well as the other roles or get your own premade team. Your vote to kick trolls idea would just be the same thing as removing requeue times. Just because you dont like having a twitch jungler doesnt necessarily mean it has to fail. Maybe the guy is just good at it. The "calling a position" could work but at the same time couldn't. If someone wants to play jungler it doesnt mean hes good at it. But now that we suddenly have a way to call a role, he'll call it and play horribly which ruins the game further. It's understandable to not want to play support but learn to adapt. Thats what this game is about.

RS Raedon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-11-2012

Learn to play support.

You cant be last pick EVERY time but if you are, then you're just bad.

Removing requeue times would have everyone dodging and that'd result in never getting to play because someone doesnt like the team comp or doesnt get to play the role they want. Sound familiar?

The point is, if you're gonna play ranked, either learn to play support as well as the other roles or get your own premade team. Your vote to kick trolls idea would just be the same thing as removing requeue times. Just because you dont like having a twitch jungler doesnt necessarily mean it has to fail. Maybe the guy is just good at it. The "calling a position" could work but at the same time couldn't. If someone wants to play jungler it doesnt mean hes good at it. But now that we suddenly have a way to call a role, he'll call it and play horribly which ruins the game further. It's understandable to not want to play support but learn to adapt. Thats what this game is about.

JabbaClown

04-11-2012

im usually a mid lane kinda person, but i always try to atleast practice a couple champions in each role.

Sarise

04-11-2012

I'm often last pick in normal draft as well, and I find that when I say "not jungle" right at the start, the premade is nearly 100% of the time happy to comply with that. Just say at the start you don't want to support and they'll probably be happy to accommodate you.

But I agree with you the preferences in draft pick can be annoying sometimes. I hardly ever get to play the role I actually want to. Instead it's about what I can't play rather than what I can and am good at.

LunarianFox

04-11-2012

Usually I go premade with 2-4 people on draft, once we are in the champion select, I usually ask the other (non-ours) players what do they play, and we try to acommodate the role, so... to the OP, don't make it sound like last pick's stuck with the worst position.
If you could just voice your preferences It's likely they could acommodate to your position, I myself am comfortable at mid/support, especially since I dont have champion/runes for AD/Jung/Top, but will take those positions if necessary.
TL;DR: Voice your preferences to the premades BEFORE they pick their champions, Accept that sometimes they can't/won't comply and you'll have to fill. Nothing's perfect

iCoffee

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmount View Post
Why would anyone WANT to be first pick?
I like being first pick because I can take Janna, or one of my mid champions. It also ensures that certain champions are banned and that I avoid having troll bans on my team.

Blaine Tog

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabe View Post
I guess you guys didn't read my second comment its not calling out a meta. Its called calling a position. Such as top, solo top, mid, solo mid, bot, and so on.
Positions are STILL part of the meta...

PDiddy

04-12-2012

just play a killane if you are below 1300elo. The advantage of support is allowing your carry to get all the cs and lvl accordingly. If you just curb stop their carry though you'll both get more cs. when i dont want to support i just take bruiser down bot. (or an AP caster depending on team comp)

you might get a little guff, but if you play agressive and help with ganks you'll be fine.

warning : This doesnt work against good players who know what you are doing.

eabe

04-12-2012

First: I'm NOT talking about RANKED games.

Second: There are a FEW premade teams out there willing to bend for the 5th random person.

Third: Being last pick all the time doesn't mean I'm bad it means I'm good. My ELO must be so good that only premade teams with a boosted rating are good enough to play with me. Even people in the ranked games of ELO rating of 500 or lower often get to be first pick.

Forth: Riot is all about people being in a lane or in a jungle or at least somewhere on the map. I don't see how saying I want solo mid duel mid or quadruple mid as forcing a meta. Please explain how saying i want to play some place on the map as enforcing a meta it makes no sense.

Fifth: Understand the whole concept first. Remove dodge requeue times with the addition of the new queue system.