Pre-select roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eabe

04-04-2012

Edit: I have decided that this thread has gotten enough attention to combined all my comments into one. Reasoning this Idea is pretty simple however you guys have made it complicated. Many of you have taken my very small brief overview as an entire way of how it should be done. Here is a much more descriptive overview. This is subject to change.

First: I'm NOT talking about RANKED games.
Second: There are a FEW pre-made teams out there willing to bend for the 5th random person.
Third: Being last pick all the time doesn't mean that, that person is bad. There ELO must be so good that only pre-made teams with a boosted rating are good enough to play with them. Even people in the ranked games of ELO rating of 500 or lower often get to be first pick.
Forth: Riot is all about people being in a lane or in a jungle or at least somewhere on the map. I don't see how saying I want solo mid duel mid or quadruple mid as forcing a Meta. Please explain how saying I want to play some place on the map as enforcing a Meta. It makes no sense.
Fifth: Understand the whole concept first. Remove dodge re-queue times with the addition of the new queue system, not simply remove dodge timers.

The Idea is basic enough to understand. The idea is to allow pre-selecting a location to lane in before even queuing. Such as top, solo top, mid, solo mid, bottom, jungle, and so on. This is not saying I’m playing support, tank, AP, AD, or whatever. Though a side note saying such things might be helpful as well. An all AD or AP team don’t normally do so well. Not saying they can’t. I see this change as making the game more strategic.

Additional changes to be made such as ordering people in queue based on lane position. And/or adding an icon noting what position that person wants to play.

During champion selection as long as the team agrees this can change. Say someone wanted to play mid but really wanted to play mid some char. That char gets banned by the other team or whatever he can’t play it. He offers mid to someone else and plays support instead.

This should help identify trolls faster and easier during champion selection. I don't see why you couldn't vote to kick a troll in champion selection. You know the people. I see trolls in the champion selection phase all the time. People banning odd champions because you said you wanted to play him mid. people picking support chars when there is already support chars selected, and so on. Yes even this could be abused by a 4 man pre-made looking for a specific role to fill.

I don't see why you couldn't vote to kick a troll in champion selection. You know the people. I see trolls in the champion selection phase all the time. People banning odd champions because you said you wanted to play him mid. People picking support chars when there are already support chars selected, and so on.

But this could be abused by a 4 man pre-made looking for a specific role to fill. There are ways around this. Such as 1 vote per player every 15 minutes. Make it so if you’re a pre-made your vote only counts as 1 with every person you’re pre-made with. Needing 3 votes for before a kick happens. Meaning pre-made teams of 3 or more couldn't kick anyone. It is possible and reasonable to do this.

Other changes I would like to see are:
An option to say solo queue only. Meaning not being put in pre-made teams from other people I am sick of being last pick.
An option to say I can be the banner.

Don't hate it because you only thought it half way through. You get to the point in logic where you say ahh but trolls could do this and then stop. So what if a troll can do this or that? People will always be out there to make your life worse. What you want to do is make it harder for them to do that. If you’re kicked your re-queue time is 15 minutes and so on. In my opinion RIOT should remove re-queue times for people dodging. Though it will probably never happen.

Note this is still brief figure the rest out yourself. You have a brain don't you? (let the down votes begin and hope ROIT is smarter then its users)

Original post: Sometimes the game is lame. I'm last pick in solo queue 99% of the time except when I get lucky by not getting put with a pre-made team. I'm sick of filling in a role I don't want to play. I know some people actually like playing support a few but they are out there. (If it was up to me i would get rid of support from the game. It is eye rolling boring to play.)

Anyways the point is I would like to say I want to play as something before I even queue. So I don't have to fight for it. You want people to stop raging and crying so much in team chat this will lower it considerable. Go ahead and down vote because I hate the god dam support role, but I'll play any other role. Jungle solo ad carry name it.

Its not really solo queue when every time your put on a pre-made that your not a pre-made with. Its more like lame ass queue.

chinfinger

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabe View Post
The game is lame. Im last pick in solo queue 99% of the time except when I get lucky by not getting put with a premade team. I'm sick of filling in a role I don't want to play. I know some people actually like playing support a few but they are out there. (If it was up to me i would get rid of support from the game. It is eye rolling boring to play.)

Anyways the point is I would like to say I want to play as something before I even queue. So I don't have to fight for it. You want people to stop raging and crying so much in team chat this will lower it considerable. Go ahead and down vote because I hate the god dam support role, but I'll play any other role. Jungle solo ad carry name it.

Its not really solo queue when every time your put on a premade that your not a premade with. Its more like lame ass queue.
read my post i made about a new que system. like it if you think it would solve your problem

eabe

04-05-2012

Your post sucks. Do you really think they are going to force people into playing the current meta? By roles I mean lanes or jungle roles. I want to pick MID/AP, or MID/SUPPORT, or MID/AD, or TOP/TANK. Not that I would ever play a MID/SUPPORT currently, but you get the idea. The game changes with each new champ. The game should let me say where I want to play not so much as what I want to play. Though a side note saying I'm going AP and not just mid would certainly make the team better. A full ad or full AP team not that great in most cases.

What should happen is that I should say hay I want to solo top and the games finds a team based off that. That way you can do a different meta at any time. Like I would like to go top but not solo.

Also I am so sick of being put in premade teams. This solo queue in norm games is retarded. I am at the bottom of the queue all the time because premade teams are always at the top. Most of the time they are worst players me. Why? Because they get there rating boosted because they are a premade. I want a queue where it really is solo queue not this ****. 99% of my games bottom pick every game. and I have over 50 more norm wins then losses. I carry a lot of those games, and i do mean carry. Can I please not ever be the left over filler spot again? I really really really hate it.

Odds are you should be the banner 1 out of every 5 games regardless of how good you are. However I haven't been the banner in over a month of game play. Whats the odds of that? the current system is broken. Maybe I should just quit.

Dragonmount

04-06-2012

Why would anyone WANT to be first pick?

eabe

04-07-2012

Why not?

I guess you don't like having a better chance of getting the camp you want? and/or you don't like having control over 3 possible counter champions to what you want to play?

I guess you don't know the game well enough, too want that kind of control. But thanks. You just gave me idea. Also add if your willing to be the banner or not. Apparently there are people who don't like to ban their counters.

eabe

04-10-2012

BUMP, because noone down voted yet. Whats going on every post I ever posted been down voted. Where are my trolls/haters? Does the community actually like this? Whats going on? No way people like me now.

Latterus14

04-10-2012

It could be just like WOW with the dungeon system. Queue up as what you wanna do.

Leonixxiii

04-10-2012

Its a fail idea, because once in champ select you cannot enforce the role... whats to stop someone from selecting all roles, getting in quick cause of that, and then insta locking midsolo cause he was first/early in/pick?

The reason why WoW can do it is cause at any time you can kick the troll, and que in a replacement

What I think is best would be a simple bar, or symbol with each person's name box showing what roles they are strong, and/or weak at... Keep it simple.

Best Atheist NA

04-10-2012

I've thought about this too, but like someone said, you can't force people into playing the meta. The meta is created by the players, not Riot themselves. In a WoW dungeon, there are 3 set roles that you need. Tank, healer and dps. In LoL, there's no set team comp that is *required* to win, even though some comps are better than others.

Very simply put, if you can't play ALL roles, then you're not ready to play ranked. If you're queueing up in hopes of getting the 1 or 2 roles you're good at it, you're only hurting yourself and your teammates.

Also, this is the SR forums, not sure what this has to do with that, when this applies to all 3 maps.

Zerthai

04-10-2012

They cant do that because the meta can change at anytime. Also having first pick is a huge disadvantage to smart teams. If you pick your mid or top first then the other team can just counter pick them and essentially take a lane out of the equation at champ select. Plus with a queue system you wouldnt be able to pull niche things out to throw people off like kill lane or soraka mid. There are too many ways to play this game to set up such a cookie cutter queue system. Also if played correctly i find support to be the most fun role as you dont focus on last hitting at all. You get to focus solely on harrassing and saving your lane partner.