[Guide] The Unstoppable Pirate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thegamenet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2009

Nice guide bud - I have credited you the guide, and posted it on www.thelolwiki.com

Cheers

omgacow

10-27-2009

Excellent Guide dude, I went 15-1 with a godlike using this build. Most games i get about 12 kills, this one i got lucky and got a triple kill with my ultimate

Mr Tibbers

10-27-2009

Uhhh...

Really doesn't seem too different from my guide. At all.

I tell people to run Zerker's, Infinity, Meki, and PD as well. I only differ, as far as I can see, on the Chalice and Bloodthirster. Bloodthirster is damned expensive and causes you to focus more on killing. Dying causes you to start farming stacks for it all over again, and I think ruins your focus. Stark's or Executioner's is better, imo. Past that, damage or survivability. Whatever's needed. :/

Edit: Just noticed, you said he functions as a TANK?! What. The. ****. NO! Just, NO! NOT AT ALL. Without any health items, he has 1800 health! If he's your tank, there's a problem.

ArchReaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2009

I'm glad my guide has helped people Once you try it a few times you'll realize that it really isn't based on luck (only a little bit) and mostly based on how you can control battle flow with your ultimate and healing. Mind tricks work wonders in this game (going forward a little bit, running back, waiting till they chase, then slowing and going after them, etc) In fact the only part I see that's based on luck is the same that's luck-based for any character - how well your opponents play against your character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
Uhhh...

Really doesn't seem too different from my guide. At all.

I tell people to run Zerker's, Infinity, Meki, and PD as well. I only differ, as far as I can see, on the Chalice and Bloodthirster. Bloodthirster is damned expensive and causes you to focus more on killing. Dying causes you to start farming stacks for it all over again, and I think ruins your focus. Stark's or Executioner's is better, imo. Past that, damage or survivability. Whatever's needed. :/

Edit: Just noticed, you said he functions as a TANK?! What. The. ****. NO! Just, NO! NOT AT ALL. Without any health items, he has 1800 health! If he's your tank, there's a problem.
I didn't see your guide before I wrote this one, however bloodthirster is a HUGE part of this build. I've tried many builds with gangplank (including yours almost exactly a few times) and nothing even comes close to comparing to an early/mid game bloodthirster build. Try it and see if you notice a difference - I'll try yours next game and see how it compares.

Edit:
And thanks for the post on the wiki, although there's one too many R's in my name on the page

Edit #2:
At some point I'll start posting screenies with end game stats with this build.

Mr Tibbers

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchReaper View Post
I didn't see your guide before I wrote this one, however bloodthirster is a HUGE part of this build. I've tried many builds with gangplank (including yours almost exactly a few times) and nothing even comes close to comparing to an early/mid game bloodthirster build. Try it and see if you notice a difference - I'll try yours next game and see how it compares.
Don't assume I haven't. When I made my guide originally, I ran through every item I could possibly see as viable. Bloodthirster was, in fact, part of my original build. Eventually I dropped it and when I did, I saw much better results. This may be more of a playstyle difference, but I just don't see how you think it's so much better. It's expensive as well, making it difficult to work up to your other heavy hitter items. Stark's and Executioner's are both considerably cheaper. :/

Atracia

10-28-2009

Thx for the guide, i never thought playing Pirate as a crit hero, with a little train i own really in everygame, coz no1 thinks of getting a hit with around ~800crit everytime.
but i got a good suggestion of a equip build.

Equipment Build:

1. Meki Pedant
(If you got ~800G buy Philosopher's Stone)
2. Philosopher's Stone
(If you got ~ 1500G buy 2x Executioner's Calling
3.Executioner's Calling
4.Executioner's Calling

Now its around early/middle Game and u have about 35% Crit. / ~250crit Damage.

(If you got ~2.600G buy B.F. Sword + Cloak of Agility)
5. B.F. Sword
6. Cloak of Agility

(If you have ~1.400G finish Infinity Blade)
7. Infinity Blade

This is my basic Item Build.
I tried many combi's with items, now u have around ~60% Crit but still not good enough and still 2 slots free.

I recommend you that you still aim for Crit and Dmg.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

(If you have 2.300G buy a Atma's Impaler)

8. Atma's Impaler

Now you should have ~78% Crit
(If you have 3.300G buy a Phantom Dancer)

9. Phantom Dancer

This is your last Item that finish your Item Build now.
Now you have 100% Crit and with your Attackspeed Skill, very good att.speed to go into 1vs.1

Example: ~2000 HP / ~1600 Mana / 100% Crit / 220 Dmg
Parrry = 600-800 Crit Damage
Normal Hit = 300-400 Crit Damage

zachre

12-01-2009

This guide is a great help, I recommend trying this, I go chalice, greaves, bloodthirst, and only sometimes I manage to build the phantom dancer before the game is already over, have never even needed more than these 4 items... want a longer game so I can get the infinity edge and see some real massive crit !

Saloman

12-31-2009

I personally take a slightly different path for my Gangplank.

Meki Pendent
Boots -> Boots of Mobility
Malady
Executioner's Calling
Phantom Dancers
BF Sword -> Infinity Edge
Meki Pendent -> Frozen Mallet

I stack Crit Chance runes and run Exhaust/Flash for my summoner spells. I find that the three kinds of poison from the Passive Grog, Malady, and Executioner's Calling make you a force to be reckoned with early to mid game. A timely exhaust with a parrley and a couple swings of your weapon will take out most characters, especially straight melee like Warwick. I rarely have the need to go beyond my bf sword but there is the occasional hour game. Also note to all new Gangplank players be careful out there and get a buddy to do randoms with you if you don't have your full team. Laning with noobs is my biggest dread as the Pirate. Anyway I hope my mini guide helped you guys out.

Peace,
Salo

akarami

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchReaper View Post
Ya I made a point to not use Remove Scurvy unless needed, but it doesn't mean sit at free-kill levels of health. If you're low on health and out of combat definitely use it.

As for the runes, I tried crit dmg, dmg, armor pen, attack speed, and a crit chance book, and it seemed to me that crit chance was much more helpful then any of the others (mixed books too). If you disagree, try both and judge for yourself. I think 20% crit chance goes a lot farther then most people realize (that haven't already tried it)

Im usually fine with Crit Dmg runes with my masteries right now it is 45% crit dmg. With Two Phantom Dancer and infinity edge right there is already 80% crit chance.

Just saying still getting the hang of him went 18 5 still need practice. =D

nokia14

04-12-2011

servel esta offf