level 10 losing spree?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2011

i recently just hit level 10 and now im losing really badly past the "wins even with losses" threshhold. just wondering if this always happens and if it is normal for you to have losing sprees.
thnx

MidnightShroud

04-09-2011

Yes, actually its very normal. I've been playing for a year now and I still get losing sprees. It happens to everyone.

Basically, the system will work out on you if you're a good player. Even if you lose 10 times in a row, in the long run (after some games) you will get back what you lost.

And if you get better, you'll reach even higher. It takes time.

Silent Reaper

04-09-2011

Yes, losing spree's are perfectly normal, just like winning spree's.

Wildkarde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2011

I also believe that around level 10 you get tossed into a larger player pool. I had the same problem back when I reached level 10. Back then the matchmaking didnt really take into account levels, so it was very common to get matched with levels 25+. I got pretty frustrated and started just playing practice games that were levels 10-20. After I got a couple levels and Riot changed the matchmaking a little I jumped back into normal queue and it has been fine.

Could be a combination of me simply gaining a better understanding, my elo being lower than it really would have been since I stopped playing normal's, and the changes to matchmaking.

Just keep at it, mix in some custom games, and you will be at a good place.

I just went on a horrible losing spree the last month. I went from +40 to about +18 wins/losses. I was getting really really irritated =)

XTreeX

04-10-2011

Wow Thnx
ive been playing singed and its pretty fun

JohnnyThrash

04-10-2011

Yes, I think they tend to go in cycles unless you happen to find some people you can queue up with. That will help solve a lot of problems if you can find some like minded people to play with, communicate with during a game, and pick optimal team compositions. Back when learning the game I had a pretty awful ratio at one point, 20 or so more losses than wins. But now I'm finally in a positive ratio by ten or more games. I think if you can break even though you're doing alright. Games can get frustrating but everyone goes through it. My advice is if you find someone during solo queue you don't mind and they do well, friend them, and try joining games together it's really the best bet to beat the random queue blues.

Qbr12

04-10-2011

Its also worth noting that for every person that has a positive win to loss ratio there is a person who has a negative win to loss ratio. Even if you never pass that "even point" the game is still working as intended.

StayFausty

04-10-2011

I recently had a terrible loss streak. I was JUST approaching a 2:1 w/l ratio and then BAM! 9 losses in a row, which snowballed into 14 out of 15 games lost. No matter what I did, I couldn't turn the tides in game. The common factor in almost every loss (I won't claim to have played perfectly in every game) was an overabundance of feeders. If you have multiple people on your team with 5-10 deaths in the first 20 minutes, what are you supposed to do?

It's a team game. **** happens. LEARN by playing against better players, and try again later. There are lots of ****s who will discourage you to get their jollies, but nobody is great without a ton of practice.

Stick it out, and you'll be winning in no time.

ComradeHX

04-10-2011

Smurfing seems to be a pretty popular past time activity; low level losing spree (without premades) is the norms.

Evilcide

04-10-2011

Yeah, even at level 30 i still get losing/winning sprees. I just lost 11 out of my last 12 games, but before that I had won 9 straight, just remember that it generally evens out in the end. Just remember to keep hope, have fun, and continue playing!