Ask Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealMasterYi

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephthemonkey View Post
Dear Master,

When did you learn that incredible Wuju Style?!

-Wukong
I first began my official training in the Wuju Style at the age of 15, though I began learning basic martial arts at the age of 5.

((Also, yeah, been kind of busy, lots of make up work after my trip and being sick. That and I dislike bumping my own thread.))

TheRealMasterYi

12-16-2012

((Shameful self bump))

Slash7

12-17-2012

Dear Master
how do you improve your Wuju style and when will we see new skill on the fields of justice?

TheRealMasterYi

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash7 View Post
Dear Master
how do you improve your Wuju style and when will we see new skill on the fields of justice?
I improve my skills like any other warrior, through training and focus, though you will probably not see new skills on the fields soon, since my techniques won't be changing so drastically as to be using entirely different skills on the Fields.

Trynd The King

12-18-2012

Tryndamere arrives at Yi's domain, and looks for the master. "Yi I have a couple of question to ask you about your training techniques."

TheRealMasterYi

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynd The King View Post
Tryndamere arrives at Yi's domain, and looks for the master. "Yi I have a couple of question to ask you about your training techniques."
Yi had been meditating when Tryndamere walked in, he opened his eyes and looked at the Barbarian King, not bothered by the interruption, as he usually left the chambers open to anyone who wished to talk or train. "Greetings Tryndamere, go ahead and ask, feel free to take a seat." There weren't any actual chairs in the room, Yi just gestured to a spot on the floor.

Trynd The King

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMasterYi View Post
Yi had been meditating when Tryndamere walked in, he opened his eyes and looked at the Barbarian King, not bothered by the interruption, as he usually left the chambers open to anyone who wished to talk or train. "Greetings Tryndamere, go ahead and ask, feel free to take a seat." There weren't any actual chairs in the room, Yi just gestured to a spot on the floor.
Well. Tryndamere said as he took a seat on the ground sitting cross legged imitating Master Yi. Seating on the ground didn't really bother him, after all he spent long nights training in the harsh climate of Freljord. "I need some help with my training. I have come to realize that all my training only raises my physical strength, but does nothing for my technique and finesse. I have talked to many champions already for advice. Fiora suggested I attach giant boulders to me to increasing my speed, and my ability to wield my blade. While Akali suggested on walking on some rice paper. These are some good suggestions, but I came to the Master himself to see what you think." Tryndamere gave a small bow in the direction of master Yi. "So Master Yi, what do you think I should do?"

TheRealMasterYi

12-19-2012

Yi considered the question for a moment, "Those two techniques are good, other suggestions I have are, in addition to attaching boulders to yourself, try attacking small targets, such as fruit that someone tosses in the air. It may be best to use a smaller sword when starting off with this, as they are better for precise movements, then use larger and larger swords until you reach your usual one. There are also ways to help you with balance. These can be simple like walking across thin beams, but I also have a more advanced practice technique for that, which I will show you if you are interested. Another way could just be practicing with different weapons, such as smaller swords, daggers, even the simple baton, these weapons all require finesse, and by learning to use them, you can acquire finesse in the use of other weapons."

Trynd The King

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMasterYi View Post
Yi considered the question for a moment, "Those two techniques are good, other suggestions I have are, in addition to attaching boulders to yourself, try attacking small targets, such as fruit that someone tosses in the air. It may be best to use a smaller sword when starting off with this, as they are better for precise movements, then use larger and larger swords until you reach your usual one. There are also ways to help you with balance. These can be simple like walking across thin beams, but I also have a more advanced practice technique for that, which I will show you if you are interested. Another way could just be practicing with different weapons, such as smaller swords, daggers, even the simple baton, these weapons all require finesse, and by learning to use them, you can acquire finesse in the use of other weapons."
Tryndamere nods in approval. "I see acquiring balance and finesse though diversity. Most of the weapons that I train with other than my sword are use are rather large. Like the battle axes, and the battle hammer all which I used to get my strength. So the point was not to get bigger weapons but smaller ones, I see. My balance also has always been a problem for me. When I have my sword I don't notice it as much, but when I don't I feel like my left side hold me back... no that's not it, I feel like I'm walking wrong. Could this be corrected with the beam training that you mentioned?"

Steampwrd Kitten

12-19-2012

Outside the hut? General meditation area? Mai would lean against the wall/tree quietly to listen. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation since it seemed important, though her curiosity kept her close enough to eavesdrop. Her fingers trailed the length of her long, ankle-length ebony braid as violet eyes closed to focus her attention on the two inside. One leg propped up with her foot rested next to her other knee which was straightened out away from the front of her body. Her foot idling with an occasional toe curl to keep herself from being fidgety.

She's quite small, and easily forgotten at only roughly 5'3-5'4, and somewhat young in her late teens. The layers she wore for clothing, were worn and patched from years of wear and travel, smelling of the wild.

((Character picture http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2495 ))