Ask Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dojel

09-16-2012

Master Yi, the weapon you use, does it have a name?
On another note, what kind is it anyway?
-Dojel McCay, Courier-

TheRealMasterYi

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
Master Yi, the weapon you use, does it have a name?
On another note, what kind is it anyway?
-Dojel McCay, Courier-
Yes, it does actually, its name is Shizukesa. It is a katana that has been handed down through the generations of the masters of the Wuju.

UberDuDrop

10-10-2012

Master Yi, I've been wondering, seeing as you can easily reach...very high speeds, have you ever ran on water?

TheRealMasterYi

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDuDrop View Post
Master Yi, I've been wondering, seeing as you can easily reach...very high speeds, have you ever ran on water?
I have not tried actually. I doubt I could though, unless, perhaps if I had specialized boots, though I am unsure, maybe I should ask Viktor or Heimerdinger if they can design such boots.

craftsman465

10-12-2012

Esteemed Master Yi, I come again with a few more questions.
1. ((Bit off topic, but are you much involved in the roleplay community?)) Have you ever thought of trying to achieve such high speeds of movement that you're able to achieve flight, of some sort?

2. Have you ever thought of honing your skills even more to be able to dual-wield your signature sword?

3. Do you think that any of the champions are mis-understood by others?

From a simple fan.

TheRealMasterYi

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman465 View Post
Esteemed Master Yi, I come again with a few more questions.
1. ((Bit off topic, but are you much involved in the roleplay community?)) Have you ever thought of trying to achieve such high speeds of movement that you're able to achieve flight, of some sort?

2. Have you ever thought of honing your skills even more to be able to dual-wield your signature sword?

3. Do you think that any of the champions are mis-understood by others?

From a simple fan.
((Not all that involved as Yi, but I am planning on trying to become more involved, it can get annoying managing multiple accounts.))

1. Well, I'm not entirely sure if that's possible, I can run very fast, but if I were to get airborne, there would be nothing to help me propel myself. Even if I had something like wings attached to me, it would probably be too different from running to work.

2. I am able to dual wield swords, though my current one is probably too large to do so, besides I prefer having greater control and precision using both hands to wield one sword rather than having one sword in each hand.

3. Yes, I think that there are some misunderstood champions, mostly ones that are considered evil, even though they actually lie in the large grey area between good and evil.

Imp Loader

10-12-2012

Master Yi,

What is it that allows you to run so much faster while being immune to all slows under the effects of Highlander?

Also, why are you able to use your skills once again upon killing an enemy champion?

craftsman465

10-12-2012

If I were to be so bold as to answer that question... I think it's a sort of adrenaline rush that comes from the vast amount of movement he does. So, defeating a champion sort of... Invigorates him, I guess?

TheRealMasterYi

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp Loader View Post
Master Yi,

What is it that allows you to run so much faster while being immune to all slows under the effects of Highlander?

Also, why are you able to use your skills once again upon killing an enemy champion?
Quote:
If I were to be so bold as to answer that question... I think it's a sort of adrenaline rush that comes from the vast amount of movement he does. So, defeating a champion sort of... Invigorates him, I guess?
You are partially correct, craftsman. While there is an adrenalin rush, I also go into a state of intense focus, this helps me to ignore that which would normally slow me down, though anything else is too disruptive and cannot be ignored. When I slay an enemy champion, yes it does invigorate me and allows me to use my skills once again.

Ask Téemó

10-14-2012

Salutations Master Yi!
The thought of what I am about to ask you has left me pondering for quite some time and I decided to ask you myself. Who would win in a race? Me or you?