Ask Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

07-27-2012

So Master Yi,

What if Singed never comes to you? When will you come to him? I cannot imagine you will allow this man to die peaceably of old age after what he has done to your family and village. How would you approach a fight with such a man? I can't see the fight going well for you if he packs Thornmail from the League Armory, and he would have to be insane... well, he's always insane, but insane and stupid not to carry something like that around, knowing your grudge with him.

Also, I am glad you liked the story. Understand I drew much of the inspiration from the League's old depiction of you, which from as far as I could tell, did not conflict with your current lore. From my understanding you were tens of thousands of years old by their count. My apologies for the stylistic choice.

Ask the Monkey

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMasterYi View Post
Very well, we can fight in the Sparring Grounds, just tell me when you want to arrange this.
Alright. I'm waiting.

TheRealMasterYi

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
So Master Yi,

What if Singed never comes to you? When will you come to him? I cannot imagine you will allow this man to die peaceably of old age after what he has done to your family and village. How would you approach a fight with such a man? I can't see the fight going well for you if he packs Thornmail from the League Armory, and he would have to be insane... well, he's always insane, but insane and stupid not to carry something like that around, knowing your grudge with him.

Also, I am glad you liked the story. Understand I drew much of the inspiration from the League's old depiction of you, which from as far as I could tell, did not conflict with your current lore. From my understanding you were tens of thousands of years old by their count. My apologies for the stylistic choice.
Unfortunately, the Institute of War does not allow for fighting between champions, they would most likely revive Singed if I did kill him, as for him carrying Thornmail, he can't actually, unless he were to steal it from the armory, if you recall an earlier issue of the Journal of Justice (I forgot which one), they explain that there aren't actually many Thornmails, just one which is replicated for use in the Fields.

((Also, Wukong, sorry for not joining you, I'm kind of really busy this weekend, haven't gotten to see my sister in a while and she's visiting home, so I want to spend some time with her.))

Ask the Monkey

07-29-2012

((Yeah, yeah. Your stuff broski. You have the link. Answer it at any time (20 pages later in the near future...). Just gimme the link ))

Razie

07-29-2012

Thoughts on the plant lady Zyra?

TheRealMasterYi

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmig View Post
Thoughts on the plant lady Zyra?
I don't really have any thoughts on her, as I have not had the chance to meet her outside the Fields of Justice.

Ask the Monkey

08-08-2012

((Responded again. But don't worry, I gots a plan.))

craftsman465

08-14-2012

Once again, I come with a few questions for you, Master Yi.

1. Who would you prefer fighting on the Fields of Justice? Spellcasters or fellow warriors?
2. Your meditation seems to be one of the most potent healing sources in the Fields of Justice. Could others be able to utilize this if they tried?
3. Once again, I find the need to ask you what you think of 3 more people. What are your thoughts on Singe, Fizz, and Heimerdinger?

Excuse me if I spelled his name wrong.

TheRealMasterYi

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman465 View Post
Once again, I come with a few questions for you, Master Yi.

1. Who would you prefer fighting on the Fields of Justice? Spellcasters or fellow warriors?
2. Your meditation seems to be one of the most potent healing sources in the Fields of Justice. Could others be able to utilize this if they tried?
3. Once again, I find the need to ask you what you think of 3 more people. What are your thoughts on Singe, Fizz, and Heimerdinger?

Excuse me if I spelled his name wrong.
For your first question, from a strategic point of view, I tend to prefer fighting spellcasters on the Fields, since I can easily get into melee range using my alpha strike, eliminating their advantage of range, afterwards, they cannot easily escape and tend to be easier to kill than fellow warriors, however, personally it does not matter much who I fight on the fields.
In answer to your second question, they could learn it, but it is one of the higher techniques of Wuju, meaning it would take several years of training before they could learn it, let alone master it.
In answer to your third question, I believe my hatred for Singed is well known, he is also very annoying to fight due the how hard he is to kill, as well as the poison trail he is so fond of. My opinion on Fizz is that he is a capable warrior and not to be underestimated, if he takes me by surprise, he has the potential to defeat me, I have respect for him and hope he is able to find the rest of his people. Lastly, Heimerdinger is a good friend of mine, I enjoy fighting along side him in the Fields, as well as spending some time with him off of them, although I don't understand all that much of the technology he speaks about, I am able to understand the workings of some of it. Fighting against him, however, can prove to be annoying due to the turrets he is so fond of.

TheRealMasterYi

09-13-2012

I wonder if people don't ask me questions because they are under the illusion that I am just a boring old man...