Ask Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

craftsman465

07-20-2012

Master Yi. As a simple fan of yours in the League, I was wondering a few things.

What's your opinion of Jax, Cho'Gath, and Lux?

Have you ever had a situation in which you regretted joining the League?

And finally, do you just like saying Wuju Style, or is that a sort of technique that helps you focus in combat?

TheRealMasterYi

07-21-2012

((Thanks for asking a question, I was getting lonely :P))

Jax is an honorable and powerful warrior, I have great respect for him. He is a good ally and a worthy opponent on the fields. I consider Jax to be a good friend.
Lux is a very nice person, I enjoy her company and being on the same team with her in the fields, she is a powerful mage. Some people seem to find her laugh unsettling, but I am not really bothered by it.
Cho'Gath is a beast that should be destroyed, he is nothing but evil, if he were to escape he would try to kill and devour us all without a second thought. Sadly, I think he is not the only one of his kind, and I think there may be more to come in the future.
I have not yet had a situation where I regretted joining the League, it allows me to fight for my people as well as test myself in battle. It is also a good tool to use for teaching my apprentice in combat.
As for your final question, it is a simple technique to help focus in combat, you may notice that Wukong says it as well, while it is one of the most basic techniques, it is still useful.

craftsman465

07-21-2012

Ahh... As I have waited for your answers, I have pondered about 2 more things.

Do you think that not all of the Noxians are, indeed, somewhat evil?

And, finally, who would you choose as a partner in battle: Lux, or Garen?

TheRealMasterYi

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman465 View Post
Ahh... As I have waited for your answers, I have pondered about 2 more things.

Do you think that not all of the Noxians are, indeed, somewhat evil?

And, finally, who would you choose as a partner in battle: Lux, or Garen?
No, I do not believe that all Noxians are somewhat evil, many are, but not all. I believe the biggest problem I have with Noxus is their expansionist government that is constantly seeking domination, I have met quite a few Noxians that aren't evil. In fact, I believe that some champions that fight for Noxus are not actually evil, just fiercely loyal to their government and willing to do what it tells them to do, but they personally are not evil.

Your second question is difficult to answer, as it depends mostly upon what I were to be battling with them, if it is something which magic will not be as effective against, I would choose Garen, but if Lux's light magic would be of greater assistance than Garen's skill with a blade, I would prefer to have her with me.

MiaoLong

07-26-2012

Master Yi,

I have always wondered what you headhunter armor is for? How do its capabilities differ from your normal gear, League restrictions aside?
And another question; in a single combat duel between you and Jax, who be most likely to emerge victorious? My colleagues favor Jax, but from my experience there is no one who can defeat you one-on one on the Rift; how do you two fare in the Sparring Pits, if at all?

Also, I have written a ((fanfiction)) story with you as the protagonist, and I would very much appreciate your opinion on how well I portrayed you. Out of courtesy, I won't mar your ask thread with a link.

Unmasked Angel

07-26-2012

Master Yi, where in the world did you get those goggles of yours?

-The Dawn

Ask the Monkey

07-27-2012

Master. I wish to spar you. It has been quite long since we fought, and I want to know how far I've come.

TheRealMasterYi

07-27-2012

Quote:
Master Yi,

I have always wondered what you headhunter armor is for? How do its capabilities differ from your normal gear, League restrictions aside?
And another question; in a single combat duel between you and Jax, who be most likely to emerge victorious? My colleagues favor Jax, but from my experience there is no one who can defeat you one-on one on the Rift; how do you two fare in the Sparring Pits, if at all?

Also, I have written a ((fanfiction)) story with you as the protagonist, and I would very much appreciate your opinion on how well I portrayed you. Out of courtesy, I won't mar your ask thread with a link.
The headhunter armor doesn't have any other capabilities from my normal armor, it was given to me by the League to use in matches purely as an aesthetic change.
As for a duel between me and Jax, I am unsure of who would come out victorious, whenever we do fight it is usually a fairly hard one, sometimes he wins and sometimes I do, it really depends on if one of us makes any mistakes.
As for your story about me, you can go ahead and place a link on my thread, I don't mind, I'll probably edit this post once I have read it to give my critique.
EDIT: It is quite an interesting story, I liked it, although you did greatly exaggerate my age... Still, you did manage to capture my personality well.
Quote:
Master Yi, where in the world did you get those goggles of yours?

-The Dawn
They were a gift to me from Heimerdinger.

Quote:
Master. I wish to spar you. It has been quite long since we fought, and I want to know how far I've come.
Very well, we can fight in the Sparring Grounds, just tell me when you want to arrange this.

Valorans Outlaw

07-27-2012

Excuse me if this question was already asked, but what are your thoughts on Fiora?

TheRealMasterYi

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jayc View Post
Excuse me if this question was already asked, but what are your thoughts on Fiora?
She is, without a doubt, the most skilled in her style of fighting. I have much respect for her, she is an honorable fighter, and can often defeat me on the Fields, however, off the fields I doubt that would be so, as, under normal circumstances, a rapier does not simply parry the blow from a katana. Though I respect her, I do not actually know her very well.