Harassed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarMAKills

08-06-2010

Whenever I play aginst say some1 with range i always take a beating..not always just recently since ive been playing with better players. I also lose all common sense when someone on my teams throws in some insult, resulting in me feeding (not on purpose just becuase i am so determined to get a kill and change this person's mind) /destined fail.

im level 13
Now im looking for some advice in my gameplay i usually play a singed/twitch/ or Vlad

vlad gets harassed the most and it seems like i can never steal enough HP from the minions or the enemy champion.And any HP i steal quickly dissipates after sanguine pool i pop to run the **** away becuz the GANK squad just rolled in.

Help me regain some sense against these people harassing me. I need tips
Oh ya, this mostly applies to early game.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

I'm not really sure what to say without seeing you play first, but all I can think of right now is don't put yourself out there where you can get hit as much. If you are getting harassed horribly, maybe you should only go in for last hits on minions or if you are throwing a harassing skilled at the other guy. If you are getting ganked a lot, it helps to get used to looking at the map a lot and noticing if your enemies are in their lane, it'll help to make sure your team is calling out mia's so you know when to up the caution.

Also if you coordinate a gank or two of your own early, then that'll make your opponent a little less likely to be riding with the creeps. Sorry if this didn't help, but its quite late!

KarMAKills

08-06-2010

reply is greatly appreciated

yea like my friend says i play right from what hes seeing.
In teamfights (maybe its my name) I seem to always be the high priority target and eat all the stuns/heimer nades/any other CC effects no matter who i am.
usually ill see someone running towards me to get there ability off ill run awway and this completly gives them the advantage cuz they got me scared to run in and get a hit.
I just want minion kills and the ranged harass me at every cahnce they get >.>

piratesas

08-06-2010

Like the poster earlier said, try to refrain from autoattacking the minions. Only step in to get the last hit on a minion, and then go back out. This will limit the amount of time you're open to harassment. Vlad has a rather long range on both autoattack and Transfusion. If you play your cards right Transfusion should give you plenty of regeneration to stay in the lane long past your mana-using enemies.

To avoid getting ganked, stay away from bushes and the river when you know an enemy is missing, and could very well be headed your way. Keep an eye on your minimap, and whenever someone is missing, hang back and play defensive until you know where he is. Your teammates are supposed to help you with that as well, calling miss/mia on enemies who go missing.

Also, it's better to avoid relying on Sanguine Pool as a crutch. It has a large hp cost, and long cooldown. Only use it as a last resort escape trick or to 'scare off' opponents from chasing you, after that you have to play defensive for 20 seconds though. So once again, avoid it as much as you can early game.

Johis

08-06-2010

Focus on last hitting. It's always always always best to do this, no matter who your hero is, because last hitting instead of auto attacking makes your wave of minions advance more slowly, meaning it takes them longer to reach the enemy tower. Since you're not likely to take out a tower until at least mid game, there is no reason to push to it, except to risk getting hit by said tower. Pushing minion waves back also makes it easier for enemies in your lane to get last hits (because the tower can cover them), which will also make it easier for them to harass and gank you faster. On the other hand, if both you and the enemy are focusing on last hitting only, minion waves shouldn't move back or forward a whole lot (unless one or more of you or them really sucks at last hitting ). This takes lots and lots of practice to do effectively because the enemy (especially if they are ranged) will continuously harass you when you come up to last hit, so the best advice I think anyone can give is to play some practice games. Playing those games with Vlad will probably give you the best practice. Some tips:

Stay either on the opposite side of the lane from the bushes or in the bushes, depending how you build. Staying in the bushes can help you harass enemies while keeping them out of the same hiding spot.

Buy health potions at the start of the round. Don't stock up on them, but spend whatever money you have left after your first item purchase. Usually this nets you one or two. They are not crutch items, though, as they heal slowly over time. Use them accordingly.

Take Exhaust. Exhaust is a very useful spell for melee DPS champions because it both slows and negates physical damage of the target enemy champion. This makes it useful for killing and escaping. Don't be afraid to use it.

Hug towers. If the enemy isn't very good, they will push your creep wave all the way back to the tower. There, if you pay good attention, you can get last hits on the enemy minions without your tower getting hurt. The advantage to tower hugging is that the enemy usually has to get in tower range to harass you. This isn't always true, but when it is, it's a huge help. Towers will destroy anyone negligent enough to damage you in their range early game.

If you're hurt badly and don't have any regen, potions, or mana for life steal, use your blue pill. Taking a healing break and spending any earned cash is better than dying, if only because it prevents the enemy champion in your lane from collecting the bounty on your precious little head. Once you get good at managing damage done to your champion, you can fairly decent "budget" the damage he receives so that healing trips coincide with appropriate points in the game to go shopping.

Don't lane middle with a melee or near-melee hero. Bad mojo mon.

Sometimes the best strategy for dealing with enemy champions harassing you is to kill them before they kill you. Take this advice with a grain of salt. If you're going to attempt this approach, you best be absolutely sure you can kill them because it is rather embarrassing when you charge someone only to get wtfpwned.

Finally, play more practice games. True story.

Kragorn

08-06-2010

Great advice above, I'll just list a few most important points:

Buy a healing/heath item to start. Doran's Shield, Regrowth Pendant, hp pots. This will make you tougher and better able to withstand harassment.

Learn to last hit per above.

Use brush. Duck in and out and it makes you harder to target. Just remember that attacking from inside the brush reveals you.

You can also take teleport as one of your summoner spells. This will allow you to get a free heal and return to lane quickly if you get pushed out of lane.

Good luck.