(Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance+

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

04-11-2012

I liked it until section 10. You spend alot of time preaching about how LoL is just a game, meant for fun, and negative playing/trash talking is a bad thing. Then you tell us to start preying on their weakest link and /all chatting "You're so bad"? Wait...what?

Nhan Fiction

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi28 View Post
loved the article. I'm a rager and early gg-er sometimes =/ I will try and take stock of my current state from now on!

Nhan Fiction

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHippoman View Post
I liked it until section 10. You spend alot of time preaching about how LoL is just a game, meant for fun, and negative playing/trash talking is a bad thing. Then you tell us to start preying on their weakest link and /all chatting "You're so bad"? Wait...what?
Well, fact is, your team is constantly interacting with your opponents by both natural and indirect means. When you do something that favors your team, you are hurting your opponents. If you do something bad (e.g. you give the enemy easy kills), then you are elevating your enemy team's emotions.

Simply put, it's a constant give-and-take relationship. If your team wants to win, the big emphasis would thus revolve around being happier than your opponents. Games sure would be more pleasant if both sides could have equal fun, but many matches boil down to which side wants to win more.

Finally, I don't necessarily advocate for flaming your enemies. It's just an option that is always out there, another tactic so to speak.

Nhan Fiction

04-12-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-12-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-13-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-13-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-13-2012

Cats.

rajo101

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhan Fiction View Post
Well, fact is, your team is constantly interacting with your opponents by both natural and indirect means. When you do something that favors your team, you are hurting your opponents. If you do something bad (e.g. you give the enemy easy kills), then you are elevating your enemy team's emotions.

Simply put, it's a constant give-and-take relationship. If your team wants to win, the big emphasis would thus revolve around being happier than your opponents. Games sure would be more pleasant if both sides could have equal fun, but many matches boil down to which side wants to win more.

Finally, I don't necessarily advocate for flaming your enemies. It's just an option that is always out there, another tactic so to speak.
Yeah, there again we have the balance between winning and having fun. You could get the enemy so mad at each other that it's an easy win. Of course, getting involved limits your own fun. Like we established, it is rare that a game goes by without a rager, but if it is on the enemy team, getting involved doesn't make me feel much better. Like I said before, if there is an issue with someone beating me, I tend to tell them that they are good, rather than that I am bad. Even though it boosts the enemy's emotional stability, this can quickly switch over to the "prideful" player that you were talking about, and they start to think they can take your whole team on at once. Sometimes saying nothing and letting them believe you are a noob works, so long as you pull something fancy on them once and a while, but it doesn't take long for them to wise up to it.

Nhan Fiction

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajo101 View Post
Yeah, there again we have the balance between winning and having fun. You could get the enemy so mad at each other that it's an easy win. Of course, getting involved limits your own fun. Like we established, it is rare that a game goes by without a rager, but if it is on the enemy team, getting involved doesn't make me feel much better. Like I said before, if there is an issue with someone beating me, I tend to tell them that they are good, rather than that I am bad. Even though it boosts the enemy's emotional stability, this can quickly switch over to the "prideful" player that you were talking about, and they start to think they can take your whole team on at once. Sometimes saying nothing and letting them believe you are a noob works, so long as you pull something fancy on them once and a while, but it doesn't take long for them to wise up to it.
Very true.