Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sentinels

04-04-2012

i jungle with ap morg

SweetSheets

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguydan8 View Post
Continue with what you are doing then.

But what I just quoted says a lot. I'm not sure what elo you are but the enemy team should have that dragon warded, and more often than not it will be anywhere from 2-4 people converging on you, in which case it would not be "someone being stupid enough to gank fiddle"(although they aren't ganking you at dragon, they are contesting dragon) as opposed to "that fiddlesticks is stupid enough to try dragon with only a support helping him out?(or only ad, but what i'm saying is that its 2 people while one is scouting in the brush)"

Also, are the 60 wins-20 loses in ranked? If so, that's 80 games and fiddle isn't even in your top played champion list. If they are in normals, how are you sure that it is indeed your real record?
S1 I made it up to ~14xx elo, At the moment, I'm sitting at ~900. Which sucks. But I had a horrible string of leavers and it is what it is. At low-medium level elo ignite works wonderfully, especially because as you are jungling, the enemy jungler will often times try to run in and solo you as you are preoccupied with a minion. Albeit, I've noticed Fiddle isn't used much at higher level Elos (He is really easy to counter, even with smite.) But I return to the thread topic in question, which is jungling without smite. It's possible, just not as practical or easy as one would think, and there are tons of tangible likelihoods that ruin you. (Shaco gank, Twitch pick, Eve can really screw over a jungler if someone knows how to play her.)

Niceguydan8

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheets View Post
But I return to the thread topic in question, which is jungling without smite. It's possible, just not as practical or easy as one would think, and there are tons of tangible likelihoods that ruin you. (Shaco gank, Twitch pick, Eve can really screw over a jungler if someone knows how to play her.)
It is possible yes, but I highly advise against it.

-You lose a huge nuke that helps with objective control(baron, dragon, red, blue)
-People likely already have ignite (top lane most of the time at my elo, but tp is also viable, almost always mid lane)
-You slow down your jungle speed considerably, especially for a single target jungler that doesn't get wriggles(Fiddle isn't picked in higher elo because he's slow and prone to counter jungling. Using ignite over smite furthers this problem. One must rely on snowballing by ganks for fiddle to stay in the game. if this doesn't happen or the enemy team has half a brain and wards, fiddle will be a detriment to his team. His pre six ganks aren't that great either when compared to a lot of other junglers.)

Side note: When someone counter jungles, they don't go in there to kill the jungler all the time. They go in to steal xp and further put the enemy jungler behind. Without using smite, the enemy jungler can steal your whole red side of the jungle if he is a decently strong jungler (trundle, shyvana, udyr, lee sin) without even running into you if you start at blue with no smite. If you start at wolves then blue, they can probably get away with stealing your red as well as the big golem.

SweetSheets

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguydan8 View Post
It is possible yes, but I highly advise against it.

-You lose a huge nuke that helps with objective control(baron, dragon, red, blue)
-People likely already have ignite (top lane most of the time at my elo, but tp is also viable, almost always mid lane)
-You slow down your jungle speed considerably, especially for a single target jungler that doesn't get wriggles(Fiddle isn't picked in higher elo because he's slow and prone to counter jungling. Using ignite over smite furthers this problem. One must rely on snowballing by ganks for fiddle to stay in the game. if this doesn't happen or the enemy team has half a brain and wards, fiddle will be a detriment to his team. His pre six ganks aren't that great either when compared to a lot of other junglers.)

Side note: When someone counter jungles, they don't go in there to kill the jungler all the time. They go in to steal xp and further put the enemy jungler behind. Without using smite, the enemy jungler can steal your whole red side of the jungle if he is a decently strong jungler (trundle, shyvana, udyr, lee sin) without even running into you if you start at blue with no smite. If you start at wolves then blue, they can probably get away with stealing your red as well as the big golem.
Oh definitely, I'm not denying any of your points. I'm not even saying that my way is right, I'm just saying it works for me. The benefit of having an ability that can effect a champion is just something I am not willing to give up at this point in time. And I'm not even saying that I might not switch to smite at a later time, but at the play level I've been playing against, it is more beneficial for me to use ignite than smite.

To the OP. Just keep experimenting. It won't hurt, don't experiment in ranked or normals though. =X

BeeCoy

04-04-2012

Warwick can honestly jungle without smite. If you have the right masteries/items/runes and you get a good leash at the start; Warwick jungles fine without smite.