Character Voice Responses Too Slow at Times

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

11-16-2009

I find that whenever you tell the character to do something or select him or whatever that the voices aren't sharp and abrupt and responsive enough.. sometimes lagging behind.. aslmost as if there is some recorded silence.

Picture a commander talking to his real-life army or marines and giving an order.. how quick is their response? it should be like that.. where they are practially hanging on his every word waiting to respond with a "yes sir".

I find the unit responsses are kinda slack or lazy and slow. This should feel more military-like.. yet have it's personality. So just quicker and sharper and more responsive.

may want to check to make sure there is no silence at all at the beginning of each wav file and there there is no fade-in time. that should help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

11-17-2009

I've also noticed that they dont always say something. after playing blitzcrank, for example, i will move him and he will say something but then i may move him several other times within the next so many seconds and he says nothing at all.

Now, i can understand that you may not want to hear him constantly talk, but i personally have always liked hearing them respond with voice with just about every move/attack order. i know it can get annoying, even to me, but i prefer it so that i can play well.

An alternative that is flexible would be a Menu Option that has a slider bar for unit responses. and if the slider is set at.. say 5, for example, and you move your unit once and hear his unit response and then move him again within 5 seconds he will not say it again.. but if you moved him after 5 seconds he will voice respond again.
So.. If set to 0, like i would do, then the unit would respond with every click.

I think you get what i mean. Some of us may get annoyed and turn that up and some would turn it down.

so i think this flexible option is best so we can adjust for personal preference.

also, i find that the basic order responses they give are sometimes far too long. It shouldn't be more than a couple of words. Usually sentences should not be longer than "I hear, and obey!" or "As you wish!", but i think i heard blitzcrank saying something like double as long as that and it was a basic move order.