As a whole, do you like or dislike the changes made in the 1.0 patch?

Like 33 82.50%
Dislike 7 17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Everything is Great. Please, Riot, keep it. Please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zareidriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-22-2009

The character changes are great. The HUD is great. The new announcer is great. Twisted Treeline is great. The victory/defeat screens are great. The new game stats are great. All in all, everything is a huge improvement.

There are some minor things I dislike; I dislike the turrets dying, but I'm no game balance expert.

All of the older players that I play with agree that everything is just excellent, and should be kept. I don't have a single complaint about the HUD.

Though there are a larger number of threads that seem to express distaste with the improvements, due to some psychological quirks in humanity, people tend to not express praise and adoration with such haste and perseverance.

And so I implore you, staff members of Riot Games, to not see all these hate threads and instantly think the players all feel this way, and be sure to somehow get the true voice of the people. I also implore you, players, to voice your opinions, be they positive or negative (this does not mean each person should make a thread, however >_>).

I might as well put a poll in here as well, though there be many similar to it already.

Edit: Also, Mecha Sheen is simply amazing. Even if we aren't allowed to keep it for Sheen, it'd be awesome if we could see it some other way.

ketchup

10-22-2009

Everything needs tweaking, but overall, the changes are great. A lot of them are things we've been wanting and asking for since I've joined beta. At least, personally, I remember wanting these things(mainly UI changes and new map(s)) added in then. I'm glad they were able to achieve this, and thankful that they did it during beta.

Haven't played the new map enough to give any sort of response to, but the UI, a lot of the text is difficult to read, once they fix that problem, it'll easily blast out the old one.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

The announcer is TERRIBLE.

Please see my thread in the audio section (yes there is an audio section people).

Heimerdinger still needs to get fixed as he's the most boring but still ridiculously powerful support char there is. Get rid of his turrets, put something else in and he's fine.

Zareidriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-22-2009

My resolution and monitor are both pretty huge so if there are some text size problems I am not aware of them.

I totally <3 the new announcer, she's the best yet IMHO. But of course, such a thing is all opinionated. As is my opinion that the grenade weakening and turret death makes Heimerdinger unplayably bad against any team with some skill.

Aeonus

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCharming View Post
The announcer is TERRIBLE.

Please see my thread in the audio section (yes there is an audio section people).

Heimerdinger still needs to get fixed as he's the most boring but still ridiculously powerful support char there is. Get rid of his turrets, put something else in and he's fine.
Your the reason they nerfed him outta existence to start with
Saying Broadly nerf his turrets gets us NOWHERE
Turret 1 - Not a problem
Turret 2 - Not much of a problem
Turret 3 - Zomg someone set us up a bomb!
As you know if someone manages a couple lvl 3 Turrets in a nice positioning you can forget going that way they'll tear you apart in nothing flat.

Mysterious D

10-22-2009

My first impression of playing Twisted Treeline and seeing the UI.. I was more the impressed. I like the smaller layout, as I was unable to scale my UI before because the chat shrunk greatly. It takes a few games to adjust to it, but I like seeing all my stats on the side. Specially Magical Resistance which you couldn't see on the UI before. I feel it also gives it more of a High end feel. Cause so many games online have very generic HUDs.

The Announcer is great, tho I had no problem with the other. Honestly the only thing I dislike about this patch, is that Twisted Treeline is ONLY in practice. Which most of my friends and I do not enjoy playing. Minor detail tho in the total of the patch.

Now just give us our store and Were good! So I totally agree with OP. Riot, Fantastic job guys!

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonus View Post
Your the reason they nerfed him outta existence to start with
Saying Broadly nerf his turrets gets us NOWHERE
Turret 1 - Not a problem
Turret 2 - Not much of a problem
Turret 3 - Zomg someone set us up a bomb!
As you know if someone manages a couple lvl 3 Turrets in a nice positioning you can forget going that way they'll tear you apart in nothing flat.
I didn't say he was overpowered. Learn to read. I said he was boring and doesn't fit the game. He promotes slow defensive gameplay. This game was supposed to be about action and dynamics. I played him and the best way to play him is put up turrets, sit there and farm. Throw an odd grenade. Nobody's going to upt a turret here and there, you need to make a compact base for maximum impact. That promotes terrible gameplay.

I don't say nerf the turrets. Again read. I say, REMOVE THEM. FIX the character.

weizur

10-22-2009

I agree mostly.

My one beef is there's a bunch of wasted space in the hud and also a bunch of really tiny things that seam tiny for no reason. I say make those tiny things a bit bigger and use the space better.