A solution to leavers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

monstuman443

04-03-2012

Someone already probably thought of this, but what if, when a player left, a bot took over playing as them? That way teams would always be even.

Thoughts?

Foxichu

04-03-2012

What if the bots are worse/feed, or are way better then the person? I'm sure this has been thought of, and this is probably why it hasn't been done yet. Maybe some day.

Eaglesfan427

04-04-2012

Unless they made bots significantly "smarter" and more able to respond to good enemy players, i would say that the best thing to do would be to have harsher punishments for leavers. Even on intermediate bots, its rare that anyone has a negative kills-deaths. Also, for Ranked games at even medium ELOs like 1200-1400 the bots would get trashed.

ZeOneNZeOnly

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan427 View Post
Unless they made bots significantly "smarter" and more able to respond to good enemy players, i would say that the best thing to do would be to have harsher punishments for leavers. Even on intermediate bots, its rare that anyone has a negative kills-deaths. Also, for Ranked games at even medium ELOs like 1200-1400 the bots would get trashed.
yea no way they would do this. I just wish there was like a quick fill queue :O that way it would pop someone on who likes to play random champs. ranked this would never be worth it unless you don't care about the elo

Bam4K

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeOneNZeOnly View Post
yea no way they would do this. I just wish there was like a quick fill queue :O that way it would pop someone on who likes to play random champs. ranked this would never be worth it unless you don't care about the elo
I really like this idea especially if people who don't mind popping in were given some incentive like increased ip at the end of the match. The biggest problem I see however is when someone has temporary connectivity issues and then can't reconnect to their game because someone has filled their spot.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2012

.....Have you ever played a bot game? the bot will just feed.

ZeOneNZeOnly

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam4K View Post
I really like this idea especially if people who don't mind popping in were given some incentive like increased ip at the end of the match. The biggest problem I see however is when someone has temporary connectivity issues and then can't reconnect to their game because someone has filled their spot.
I mean it could give like a 3 minute countdown. I really think this is the best way to do it. just make a section under each for quick fill queue and the bonus IP idea is awesome

Cpt Rastapopulos

04-04-2012

Great idea, but the bots have to be as good as the player, so depending on his previous games statistics, the bot should be easy/intermediere/expert.

BeeCoy

04-04-2012

If they are anything like the bots they have right now, it would not be good at all. What if your leaver was the jungler? Bots don't jungle. Also, you would have to work around the bot because bots go to whatever lane they want to.

x Haciv

04-04-2012

Or just make a "Kick" button. Make it so like 3/5 people have to vote to kick a person, and then someone fills it for them.

It can't really be abused in Solo/Duoq's either, and if you get a troll/afker it all works out.