Tenalp's Rings [New Items]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Swedish Chef

08-05-2010

I really really hope some people get the joke in these items, but here it goes.

Name - Tenalp's Ring of Frostbite - 2650g Total (390g - Meki Pendant + 400g - Sapphire Crystal + 860g - Blasting Wand + 1000g)
Stats - +400 Mana, +50 AP, +10 Mana Regen/5 sec
UNIQUE Active - All enemy champions within 500 range are struck with a wave of frost, dealing 300 (+50 per unique ring) magic damage to them, and slowing their movement and attack speed by 35% for 2 seconds. Cooldown 180 sec.
Passive - For each different friendly Tanelp's Ring within 500 range of the wielder, it increases the ring's stats by 12.5% (Max 50%). This includes other Tanelp's Rings the wielder may possess. This effect does not stack with Tanelp's Rings of the same name.

Name - Tenalp's Ring of Incineration - 2625g Total (435g - Amplifying Tome + 975g - Pickaxe + 415g - Longsword + 800g)
Stats - +55 Atk Damage, +20 Armor Penetration, +20 Magic Penetration
UNIQUE Active - For the next 6 seconds, your attacks deal additional magic damage equal to 10%(+1% per unique ring) of the target's current HP and debilitates them for 10 seconds from the last successful hit. This reduces their healing and regen by 35% during that time. Cooldown 180 sec.
Passive - For each different friendly Tanelp's Ring within 500 range of the wielder, it increases the ring's stats by 12.5% (Max 50%). This includes other Tanelp's Rings the wielder may possess. This effect does not stack with Tanelp's Rings of the same name.

Name - Tenalp's Ring of Fortification - 2640g Total (700g - Chain Vest + 740g - Negatron Cloak + 450g - Regrowth Pendant + 750g)
Stats - +50 Armor, +50 Mag Resist, +25 HP Regen/5 sec
UNIQUE Active - For the next 20 seconds, any single target physical or magical damage done to you is reduced by 15% (+1.5% per unique ring). The reduced damage is then reflected back at the attacker, dealing the same damage type back. Cooldown 240 sec.

Name - Tenalp's Ring of Torrent - 2750g Total (880g - Agility Cloak + 420g - Dagger + 1050g - Recurve Bow + 400g)
Stats - +40% Atk Speed, +30% Crit Chance, +15% Move Speed.
UNIQUE Active - Creates six swirling wind blades in 200 range radius that rotate around the champion for 10 seconds (+2 sec per unique ring). Enemy units that come into contact with the blades, becomes armor stripped and the blade will disappear. The next attack that champion takes from another champion will be an automatic critical hit for 150% damage, plus 25% for each armor stripped stack on them. This hit removes all stacks, can be stacked up to 6 times. Cooldown 240 sec.

Name - Tenalp's Ring of Summons - 2960g Total (1110g - Giant's Belt + 400g - Sapphire Crystal + 450g - Vampiric Scepter + 1000g)
Stats - +600 Health, +30% Lifesteal, +30% Spell Vamp
UNIQUE Active - Summons a random neutral creature that fights for you until it dies, gaining 10%(+1.5% per unique ring) of your health to their total health. 60% chance that the creature is a Large Wolf or Large Wraith, 35% chance that the creature is a Golem. 5% (+1% per unique ring) chance that the creature is an Ancient Golem or Elder Lizard. Cooldown 300 sec, starts after creature dies.

The theme behind the rings should be obvious. They're team based items, though you can still get the bonuses for having multiples yourself, it's obviously probably just going to cost you quite a bit. Let me know your opinions and if anything seems particularly over the top.

DantesRequiem

08-05-2010

I like the idea of items which give team bonus's (bonuses for having friendlies nearby), I was just thinking about it. But while I was thinking about I was wondering how that would affect game play. But I like the idea because they could open up diversity on side lanes, but I also thought about items which give bonus's when not around friendlies, like movement speed or stun reduction.

Omnifacetious

08-05-2010

A good idea in theory, but I think that if (by some amazing stroke of luck or entire feeder enemy team) someone were to get all 5, they could just 1v5 the opposing team over and over again.

Plus, I think items that are designed to interact with each other like that would, I think, ruin game play a bit. Or at least make it fewer than 5 items. More like 2.

The Swedish Chef

08-05-2010

I dont see how it would ruin gameplay. The game itself is team-based, so what's wrong with having team-based items? I could tone down the buffs from the passives, but I'd like to hear more opinion on it first. And I dont think you could 1v5 the team with all 5 rings. For starters, as you mentioned, each costs around 2.5-3k to buy. On top of that, there's no actual synergy in the items themselves outside of the passives and actives gaining from each other. The active gains are minimal in most cases, and the passives are fair, given the cost of the item and the requirements to gain the buffs. Outside of that however, would you really get the Fortification or Torrents ring on a caster? Or the Frostbite ring on a DPS? Each ring is designed for different classes, and the most that someone would take normally would be 3 at most on your own champion I believe. If you're running Tank, you might want Fortification, Summons and maybe Frostbite. A DPS likewise would probably get Torrent, Incineration and Summons, but wouldnt touch the other two and would leave it to their teammates to grab them.

Now what I could do is just plain remove the ability to gain the passives if the wielder has one of the other rings, so that it's based solely on the team itself.

LordMcHash

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifacetious View Post
A good idea in theory, but I think that if (by some amazing stroke of luck or entire feeder enemy team) someone were to get all 5, they could just 1v5 the opposing team over and over again.

Plus, I think items that are designed to interact with each other like that would, I think, ruin game play a bit. Or at least make it fewer than 5 items. More like 2.
These seem like expensive items... also, if the enemy feeds enough for someone to get all 5, they pretty much deserve to get stomped by the guy w/ 5 rings.

The Swedish Chef

08-06-2010

I'm still surprised no one's caught the joke in the items yet.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

Does the joke have anything to do with the fact the "Tenalp" is the word "Planet" spelled backwards, and that there are five primary elements in the Wiccan belief system? Or maybe a reference to the five generally considered elements that make up the planet Earth?

Fire - Inceneration
Water - Frostbite
Earth - Fortification
Wind/Air - Torrent
Spirit/Life - Summons

That's something that I derived from your suggestion. Perhaps I'm wrong, though.

EDIT: LOL! I got it. Nice one.

"Go, Planet!"

dy1an

08-06-2010

I really do enjoy your Captain Planet theme, but i think these rings would break the game....

Each character has 3 moves and 1 ultimate, and that works fine.

I know there are some other items with UNIQUE cast actives but each of these is like a mini ultimate, and would make it almost required to buy these items to win.

The other items with cast actives are small things that don't change the game significantly, just there to balance some things out. Like the sword that is undodgeable is a counter to dodge stacking champs, and the randuin's is there to help tanks that lack decent CC.

Honestly, what caster wouldn't buy the first one to toss an extra free nuke/slow into their bag of tricks?

And, how would a tank pass up having a 15% damage reduction for an entire teamfight?

MeOdd8

08-06-2010

you missed the point, the items are op, but the idea is not

The Swedish Chef

08-06-2010

Pretty much, as I said, the items can be tweaked, but I dont see an issue with their actives themselves. Deathfire Grasp and Cutlass/Gunblade both have actives that do pretty large amounts of damage too, though Grasp is based off HP, which can really be more devastating than any of those damaging actives I've put up.

And thanks for getting the references guys =P