Ryze - the new most worthless champ in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LesPaulLover

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
That could be the result of server lag.

No hes right, the "bouncing skills" definately seem to have had "bouncing range" increase.

skoalar

10-22-2009

Man. I can't understand why everyone hates Ryze so much. Yes he is fairly simple to play, but so are most other champs. They only have 3 or 4 usable abilities! Unless the character can stealth or make traps there really isn't that much CHARACTER strategy involved. Calling him a 1 button hero is idiotic. You are always going to use rune prison to set up your ult and generally going to mix in an overload in there. That is all 3 of his usable abilities.

Then there is the question of whether or not he is (was) OP. He was most definitely one of the strongest characters in a 1 on 1 fight. If you found him all alone in the jungle, and his ult was up, you were probably going to die. But that is what he brought to the table. That is what (I thought) his character was supposed to do. He is "the rogue mage" after all. So yes, his ult could insta-gib pretty much anyone if they were out of position (assuming they didn't have flash, summoner heal, cleanse, banshees veil, a lot of HP or high magic resist). I still don't think he was OP as a character though. Remember Taric when he first came out? He was OP. He could dazzle/shatter you to near death indefinitely all the while healing through your damage. He also brought an amazing team heal/damage buff to team fights. That is OP. Being able to pick someone off that is wandering around alone every 150 seconds is not OP. Its just what Ryze does.

Now his ability to do his thing has been significantly diminished. 20% to be exact. For Ryze to successfully gank someone post-patch they need to be both out of position AND missing a significant chunk of health. If his ult does not kill the target, you better have back up or run like hell because all your spells are on CD and you are looking mighty tasty to everyone on the opposite team. I didn't cry because I cant wtfpwn people with Ryze anymore (I usually play rock guy anyway). I cried because they broke a character based on a bunch of noobs whining about how OP he was. As the title of my post states, he is now the most worthless champ in the game because he brings nothing to a team.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

The reason why everyone considers Ryze a noob champion is because he has no skill shots and his combo (E + R and sometimes Q) is super obvious to anyone who reads his tooltips. He doesn't have much depth or tactics, other than his one combo, whereas other champs can use their skills in other interesting ways.

DarklordJoseph

The Council

10-22-2009

I 100% agree with this Topic
Ryze is useless, for noobs he is easy to use, and hard to avoid.
So at a total noob level hes a good champion.

Jooce

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
The reason why everyone considers Ryze a noob champion is because he has no skill shots and his combo (E + R and sometimes Q) is super obvious to anyone who reads his tooltips. He doesn't have much depth or tactics, other than his one combo, whereas other champs can use their skills in other interesting ways.
This. Same reason why I don't respect Captain or Yi. Captain presses Q and clicks on you to take away 30% of your hp. Yi right clicks on you and press R sometimes E. After he kills 1 person he doesn't even have to click anyone else since he'll just keep auto-attacking, pressing R again is optional.

I love picking on Ryze as Shaco though. Just hang out, wait for him to pop his hold, then wtfpwn him and his 10hp. Hate laning against him early on though, because that hold will setup some easy kills.

yyninja

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalar View Post
This nerf was totally out of the blue and really quite unnecessary. People have been crying about Ryze's ult since the game came out but I think most of the higher level players agreed that Ryze wasn't a huge threat overall. Before the L2P people jump all over this one, let me just say, we are talking about Ryze. Their isn't much L2P going on there.

The bottom line is that this nerf has taken away his only strength, his ability to be an effective low level assassin. Without it, he has nothing left and feels incredibly weak in game.
You're right, higher leveled players would own Ryze even before the patch, but the problem is that newer players usually won't. I remember I played with a person who just started LoL and left in the middle of the game because Ryze would keep owning him using his Rune Prison + Spell Flux combo.

I believe Ryze's ulti nerf was for the better. Ryze can no longer use his combo to kill a champion at full health. At least in that perspective, a newer player will have a better experience with their first few games of LoL.

goofninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-22-2009

Quote:
I didn't cry because I cant wtfpwn people with Ryze anymore (I usually play rock guy anyway). I cried because they broke a character based on a bunch of noobs whining about how OP he was. As the title of my post states, he is now the most worthless champ in the game because he brings nothing to a team.

Quote:
I cant wtfpwn people with Ryze anymore (I usually play rock guy anyway). I cried because they broke a character based on a bunch of noobs whining about how OP he was..
Quote:
usually play rock guy anyway). I cried because they broke a
Quote:
I cried
What?