Ryze - the new most worthless champ in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqualisk

10-22-2009

Now it could just be me, but I have noticed his ultimate having a farther bounce range than it used. Perhaps the Devs were just trying to give it a buff, but now it seems to always bounce away from my target into a mob of creeps.

Teisel

10-22-2009

I actually noticed the same thing with katarina's bouncing blades post patch. They seem to try much harder to bounce, at a much further range.

Hand of Might

10-22-2009

Ryze is fine the way he is

Piranha Petunia

10-22-2009

i figured the rune prison range nerf was so you didnt have to inch closer to ult.
/shrug.

Tarion

10-22-2009

Guys, it might be worth noticing the overall buff to caster DPS in the newest changes to the rune system.

Since he can now stack Spell Pen. and AP (In primary colours) I wouldn't be surprised if he got more powerful once the shop opened.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Ryze is still fine. He's amazing in the 3v3 new map.

Lupa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalar View Post
I just got out of my first game as Ryze since the patch. I feel a little bit like crying. The damage on his ult was lowered by 60 damage per bounce (at level 1). That's a total of 180 damage if used in a 1 on 1 situation. That 180 damage IS the difference between life and death in most situations. His early game ganking ability is gone, and without it, he does not have much left. He was never all that useful in team fights. He dies incredibly fast. He can not creep for ****. He can't jungle. He used to be pretty awesome at taking down turrets, but now that they have magic resist, he isn't very good at that either. Rune prison and overload are both pretty solid skills but are on such long cool downs that you rarely get to use them more than once in an encounter.

This nerf was totally out of the blue and really quite unnecessary. People have been crying about Ryze's ult since the game came out but I think most of the higher level players agreed that Ryze wasn't a huge threat overall. Before the L2P people jump all over this one, let me just say, we are talking about Ryze. Their isn't much L2P going on there.

The bottom line is that this nerf has taken away his only strength, his ability to be an effective low level assassin. Without it, he has nothing left and feels incredibly weak in game.
Oh noes 1 button hero now has to use all 4 buttons? Like OMG NOWAIS!

BigCat

10-22-2009

Leading up to this last patch, I wasn't actually all that traumatized by playing against Ryze... he was able to beat a lot of other champs 1v1, but it seemed like after that, he'd be pretty soft and wimpy for a while... basically until his ult came back.

So... kinda like Warwick.

Graty

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisel View Post
I actually noticed the same thing with katarina's bouncing blades post patch. They seem to try much harder to bounce, at a much further range.
Dark Wind as well, which frankly, I find much more devastating than Ryze's ult.

Phaerius

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graty View Post
Dark Wind as well, which frankly, I find much more devastating than Ryze's ult.
That could be the result of server lag.