Ryze - the new most worthless champ in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skoalar

10-22-2009

I just got out of my first game as Ryze since the patch. I feel a little bit like crying. The damage on his ult was lowered by 60 damage per bounce (at level 1). That's a total of 180 damage if used in a 1 on 1 situation. That 180 damage IS the difference between life and death in most situations. His early game ganking ability is gone, and without it, he does not have much left. He was never all that useful in team fights. He dies incredibly fast. He can not creep for ****. He can't jungle. He used to be pretty awesome at taking down turrets, but now that they have magic resist, he isn't very good at that either. Rune prison and overload are both pretty solid skills but are on such long cool downs that you rarely get to use them more than once in an encounter.

This nerf was totally out of the blue and really quite unnecessary. People have been crying about Ryze's ult since the game came out but I think most of the higher level players agreed that Ryze wasn't a huge threat overall. Before the L2P people jump all over this one, let me just say, we are talking about Ryze. Their isn't much L2P going on there.

The bottom line is that this nerf has taken away his only strength, his ability to be an effective low level assassin. Without it, he has nothing left and feels incredibly weak in game.

seresibyl

10-22-2009

Here's hoping that the nerfed Ult allows them to make some other changes to him to make him more exciting.

He's such a bland hero. Oh, click snare. Oh, click nuke. Oh, click bouncing nuke. Oh, auto-attack toggle/passive.

zzzZ

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by seresibyl View Post
Here's hoping that the nerfed Ult allows them to make some other changes to him to make him more exciting.

He's such a bland hero. Oh, click snare. Oh, click nuke. Oh, click bouncing nuke. Oh, auto-attack toggle/passive.

zzzZ
this

also, you only played 1 game. 180 damage out of what, 1000ish after coupled with nuked and attacks? kite more before unleashing. cry less. he's pretty much the same as before.

GNOY

10-22-2009

Shako is assassin f.e.. Ryze is just crazy nuker. He dont have any assasinating skills actually. Unless your enemies extremely unaware - you cant kill them actually (unlike assassin type heroes, which can do some crazy ****, even if enemy is cautious). Thats only my opinion ofc. 60 dmg nerf? Ffs...he need to be rebalanced anyway, consider it as a first step, for now, he just will be alittle less of a pub stomper. Nothing to cry about.

McBeard

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalar View Post
I just got out of my first game as Ryze since the patch. I feel a little bit like crying.
Sweet sweet music. Now if only they could tweak Ashe...

OctopusDropkick

10-22-2009

He was OP'd and broken in his functional capacity, this is why the Dev's slapped on a minor nerf. It's just a bandaid however, I imagine they'll be retooling him totally so he isn't so broken in his functional capacity and instead made to be more interesting and useful.

At the moment his focus is too narrow in the field in which he operates, while that narrow focus, is too strong. This will change.

Corltan

10-22-2009

Its not the damage that really hurt him, by the way. Its the range reduction in Arcane Prison.

Paconator

10-22-2009

It cant kill with 1 burst? Damn it is underpowered...
Funny thread.

Vixen Fox

10-22-2009

He needed nerfed, he got it.

The tears of a much needed nerf recipient are the sweetest.

Corltan

10-22-2009

There are far easier champs to play btw, like Teemo