Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wussbags, Summoner's Rift, and You

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glamrock69

04-03-2012

After playing 700 Dominion games, I just can't get used to Summoner's Rift.

1) SOMEBODY gets reported every game.
2) If I play a champion that is designed to initiate fights, my teammates fails to engage with me 90% of the time.
3) Farm farm and farm some more. Avoid fighting at all costs = the best strategy.

I've been reported once or twice in 700 Dominion games...about 1 in 5 summoner's rift games.

Summoner's Rift players have very thin skin and abuse the report system like crazy.

Mr Whoople

04-03-2012

After playing about 700 games in a mode where people are known to, in general, take it less seriously, I can't get used to a bit more of a competitive environment.

1) People get upset when they lose and find scapegoats.That doesn't happen anywhere else.
2) If I don't communicate I expect randoms to know when I initiate and follow up, because we're all mind readers right?
3) Getting items takes time unlike Dominion, so this is not really the thing for me.

Jokes aside, it's an entirely different environment. Get friends to play with or expect randoms to be randoms.

Glamrock69

04-04-2012

Quote:
some local idiot:
After playing about 700 games in a mode where people are known to, in general, take it less seriously, I can't get used to a bit more of a competitive environment.

1) People get upset when they lose and find scapegoats.That doesn't happen anywhere else.
2) If I don't communicate I expect randoms to know when I initiate and follow up, because we're all mind readers right?
3) Getting items takes time unlike Dominion, so this is not really the thing for me.

Jokes aside, it's an entirely different environment. Get friends to play with or expect randoms to be randoms.

People take dominion games seriously.

I think the main difference is that if you "feed" in dominion, it confers much less of an advantage to the opposing team.

If you check dominion gold pools at the end of the game, the losing team is usually within 1000g of the winning team.

In Summoner's Rift, it's more like 2000-4000g...with the "carry" being super-fed.

Plus, dominion games are guaranteed to end within 20 minutes, whereas SR games can go on for an hour.