Make LoL a constantly fun game break bad habits

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CityOfTheChi

04-03-2012

I love LoL. It's taken over most of my gaming time from WoW and that's saying a lot b/c I loved WoW. However I feel people play this game with no idea of what it really is about.

LoL to me is a 5v5 battleground where TEAMWORK is clutch. I see so many bads out there who don't seem to understand this concept. So many people play the game thinking.. "I'm gonna pick this champ and go do this one thing! yay! this is fun! oh man were losing... wtf is wrong with you guys? Your all NOOBS!!!"

I kinda get it... its a game right? Do what you want. Almost everyone can have fun doing w/e they want but at the end of the game it is about whether you win or lose. I can have plenty of fun playing my lane farming up minions and zoning the enemy team but at the end of the game if I lose the match I feel like it was a waste of time and that the game in general sucked. If I'm getting zoned something fierce and getting owned by the enemy team but in the end win the game then I feel like man that game was awesome no matter how crappy I may have been doing early - mid game. .

I guess what I'm trying to get at is I wish Riot would put a bigger emphasis on this being a team played game where victory as a team is the ultimate goal. People won't listen to other people when we try and tell them such a thing. If there was some big post on the browser when LoL loaded maybe it would open more people's eyes and if they listen to Riot b/c we love you then it would make the game in general more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm writing this b/c I had to dodge Q and take a 5 min debuff b/c 3 people picked AP champs, insta locked, and called mid... Please stop this trend of... it's all about me and what I can do and instill some words of wisdom that push teamwork and cooperation.

Nesious

04-03-2012

Are you playing in Blind? In level 30 Draft we coop more then you think, one of the best things is getting to a point where you and the enemy are evenly matched. Then you take the chance and talk and make strategy instead of blinding charging in. I recently had a game where we would've lost, but we held on and won 3 teamfights through focusing, and strategy, therefore winning the game from a near, and bad, loss. Honestly, if you feel that other people aren't communicating, then ur in a bad game mostly, regular players want to win and will communicate, other than that i suggest playing with friends, even just a 3 man premade will help, for one, you are all friends, you play well together and have fun, and the psychology of the others will make them want to join in since they see that the communication is helping. When it comes to pubs, you can get the bad or the good, some of the pubs you can get so angry about become the friends, are what makes up your friend list. About the emphasis, I think that they definitely should, people need to see that together, and as a team, you can do amazing things. But all in all the decision is up to the player, there will always be a person who won't communicate, who will troll, etc. But there will always be a person who will communicate, who will save your team, who will be the reason your team is as good as it is. Some people play this game because they need something to do and dont care what happens to other people, some play to participate and win through communication and teamwork.

Sentient23

04-03-2012

Garen players: WHAT YOU TOO SCARED TO FIGHT 1VS1???? I WILL DUEL ANYONE ON YOUR TEAM AND WIN!!!

Mr Whoople

04-03-2012

Blind pick is for trolls, Draft is for people who generally want to win, but may experiment, and Ranked is a bit of both.

KShar

04-03-2012

lol i invite 4 of my friends for blind pick
so i can troll em and not get banned.

CityOfTheChi

04-03-2012

I can kinda see what you guys are saying... I hadn't been playing draft pick games or ranked games b/c I felt I should have experience with multiple champions to fit all roles and good rune pages for each one as well.

I played a few ranked games and it was a LITTLE better... for the most part everyone talked but 2/5 times there was a guy in there that wouldn't say a word or talk about what role they'd pick and just insta lock some random champ completely ignoring everyone else.

I guess blind pick is just a mode for the trolls to do whatever they please and I should avoid playing it from now on.

After my few ranked games my only gripe with ranked is that the time we have to discuss our champ selections and ban champs is pretty limited... either that or people are just really slow at typing out things and makes it feel like times running short really fast.

I still think that if Riot made a good attempt to push teamwork and cooperation in the game it would improve its overall quality.

Vellos Javelin

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofthechi View Post
i'm writing this b/c i had to dodge q and take a 5 min debuff b/c 3 people picked ap champs, insta locked, and called mid...
LOL that is epic