Why do people hate TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathcrow666

04-02-2012

The other night one of my friends who was fairly new to the game wanted to play with me and my brother.... so I asked him if he would not mind playing TT since I enjoy it more than I do SF. So he agrees Says he has other friends online so we make it 3v3 custom...His friends raged quit on him! Cause we were beating them... but before they departed they each said in their very adamant ways that they dislike TT and it sucks....

Considering wheat I have seen from the League of Legends community. And what seems to be the common consensus.. The each seem to feel the same way..

I have come to the conclusion... Anyone who strongly dislikes that map. Just plain sucks.
Yes. Some champs are very OP for TT but play it long enough you learn how to counter said champs. Or if you come across an unbeatable team just take the lose and move on. Also that map can work in you favor it's crazy...

Just my 2 cents. Twisted Treeline FTW!!!

Koldheartedjsp

04-02-2012

because they think they are better players for playing SR, so when they go play on the "noob friendly" (it really is btw, player pool is alot weaker) and get murdered they blame the map

fazisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

Yeah, but that's because the SR noobs think 1 top 2 bot is TT pro strat. Then they run into some guy playing Lee Sin, Shaco, Tryn, Morde, Olaf, Shyv, Riven etc etc who knows how to farm jungle as well as lane and they are suddenly QQing about who so and so champ is OP on TT. Learn 2 Play

Exqzr

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
Yeah, but that's because the SR noobs think 1 top 2 bot is TT pro strat. Then they run into some guy playing Lee Sin, Shaco, Tryn, Morde, Olaf, Shyv, Riven etc etc who knows how to farm jungle as well as lane and they are suddenly QQing about who so and so champ is OP on TT. Learn 2 Play
It has actually happened at least 20 times where I have said.

"hey, can you two each solo a lane? I'll jungle."

One or both replies.

"Jungle in 3 v 3??!!! are you a noob? Idiot!"

Makes me laugh hard everytime.

But seriously, TT is WAY more fun than SR (for me). It's faster and it requires you to keep your eye on the ball at all times. It's also much less forgiving. Any mistake is compounded much greater than in SR.

If SR were the only map, I probably would have stopped playing LoL a long time ago.

lirm

04-02-2012

It's jsut different play styles. If you enjoy the "sit on your arse and do nothing but cs farm for 20 minutes" play style, mixed with a bigger map where it take longer to do _everything_, then SR is for you.

Personally, I can't get my head around it. I like the quick, aggresive, always at risk of a gank style that TT has.

Sj408

04-02-2012

People hate TT and give up after playing it because they do not know the meta.. its just like SR 5v5 know the meta of the map and you will win.

Sebamk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
It has actually happened at least 20 times where I have said.

"hey, can you two each solo a lane? I'll jungle."

One or both replies.

"Jungle in 3 v 3??!!! are you a noob? Idiot!"

Makes me laugh hard everytime.

But seriously, TT is WAY more fun than SR (for me). It's faster and it requires you to keep your eye on the ball at all times. It's also much less forgiving. Any mistake is compounded much greater than in SR.

If SR were the only map, I probably would have stopped playing LoL a long time ago.
This is true, I personally don't jungle in TT because i'm not a good jungler, but still a team with 2 solo laners and a jungler has way more advantage than a team with 2 bot and a solo top. Without TT I would still be playing DotA instead of being here, so @Riot, show some love for TT please

Aria Sachou

04-03-2012

Because there isn't enough teamwork in 3V3.
3 characters cannot CC enough to stop hyper carries like Jax, Trynd, Sion, who Dominate TTL because of the lack of CC and focus.
Unlike SR which can accommodate every single champ in some way, TTL can't.
Xerath, Kog'maw, Characters who rely on positioning and teammates to protect and support them to excel are easily squashed by characters like Trynd and jax who can leap over walls flanking them and proceed to 1v1 them.
Imo SR is teamwork 80% teamwork as TTL is to 90% Rambo and character selection

3V3 is just too easy for certain characters in the champ roster.

Koldheartedjsp

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
3 characters cannot CC enough to stop hyper carries like Jax, Trynd, Sion, who Dominate TTL because of the lack of CC and focus.
Xerath, Kog'maw, Characters who rely on positioning and teammates to protect and support them to excel are easily squashed by characters like Trynd and jax who can leap over walls flanking them and proceed to 1v1 them.

3v3 requires more teamwork and coordination than 5s imo

Deathcrow666

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post

imo.. no matter what the L2 play factor will always hold true. Know what you are doing and know what you are up against. I have seen a lot of you claimed squishes carry against said champs here.