Queue Times Are Too Long...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Please Riot do something if you can.

Sauron

04-03-2012

FDru

04-03-2012

The best is when you finally get a game after waiting an hour, then Summoner 1 dodges and you get to wait another hour.

hamai

04-03-2012

Blind pick is ok, is it because there's less people playing draft? I don't play draft because personally I find the whole process too long compared to the actual game. This is the main reason, but also the fact in my level, draft or blind, it's always a gamble if the players will make good decisions, so the counter-pick is over-shadowed by positioning, map awareness, target selection, etc...

BTW Sauron, thanks for the awesome guide, as a Dominion-only player I often feel alienated, under SR's huge shadow. After reading that I started playing some champions and having much fun.

inFe eD

04-03-2012

I wish mine were longer.

04-03-2012

This is the problem with queue times and what Riot did wrong to fix it:
Let's say...
-Four 2000+ players are waiting in queue for 2 minutes.
-Match Making freaks out and trying to find them a game so it splits them and pairs them with a random assortment of 1000-1600 players and then dumps them into a game.
-Six 2000+ players are now waiting in queue while a good match just went down the drain... now we're back to the MM freak out phase and thus the cycle continues; bad games will live, good games will die.

Or you get the match where a low elo premade gets queued with one 2000+ player on the team and throws them into a game because the premade has too high of an enflated Elo. That takes even more high level players out of queue to "improve their times" and dumping them into games they don't belong in. Then, there is a lack of players just sitting in queue for ever because the players they should be playing with are already in a game that is sure to be a rofl stomp one way or another.

If Match Making didn't inflate premade Elos and made sure to only let players play others in their same bracket, there would be way more people in queue at once and times would actually drop. But of course, Riot is full moronic programers that aren't concerned about quality of match-ups and more concerned with the time. Ironically, they're shooting us in the face with these changes by still having long queue times AND terrible match-ups.

Sauron

04-03-2012

I'm cool with matchmaking allowing greater variation in Elo ranges. That's fine and I'm fine with it.

What it is doing wrong is that once it decides on the 10 players for the match, it makes no attempt to distribute the players in a fashion that makes the ratings as equal as possible between the two teams.

One time my entire team (Point Defense) solo queued into one team, and the other team was a bunch of 1600 solo queuers. If matchmaking was attempting to balance the match, we should have been distributed as evenly as possible between the two teams.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Erhm... Maybe you should not queue with 2300+ ELO players, like MMK in order to raise your Win/Loss ratios all the time.

Sauron

04-03-2012

That was a blind pick solo queue, as is about 90% of my games for the last two months.

Premades lower my queue times.

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I'm cool with matchmaking allowing greater variation in Elo ranges. That's fine and I'm fine with it.

What it is doing wrong is that once it decides on the 10 players for the match, it makes no attempt to distribute the players in a fashion that makes the ratings as equal as possible between the two teams.

One time my entire team (Point Defense) solo queued into one team, and the other team was a bunch of 1600 solo queuers. If matchmaking was attempting to balance the match, we should have been distributed as evenly as possible between the two teams.
I think it still leads to problems when the range opens too far. I've been in games where both teams have an 1100 player and it will usually turn into a roflstomp one way or another. Either their player feeds hard and has no idea where to be on the map or yours does. It's a battle between the derps and who can capitalize on them better. That's not a fun game.

But I do agree that it's ridiculous seeing premades play full solo queues. I remember one game that I won against you, you were queued as 3 I believe and your team average was something around 2250 or so. Then our team averaged like 1750 and we were all solo. We won only with magic and love (and the drive to take you down lolz) but I still think the game could have distributed teams a tad more evenly instead of giving you two more 2k players and leaving us with our highest player being like 1850 or so. Unless you guys were 5 queued but I didn't think so... it was late one monday night after the tournaments.