Common bans are for a reason

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lerry the Lebster

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
I don't think any of the champions are OP, I think that most people don't know how to effectively play against them at mid-lower-hell ELO. I'm simply saying to save yourself, and those on your team, from annoyance at other's lack of skill and planning to ban them. Can you honestly think of any other champions that would be a better ban to protect your team? (Granted something like Soraka if you have Karthus etc are obvious bans, but really...)
I just haven't seen him be a problem since playing in the 1300's. Don't get me wrong, at lower levels he's probably a good ban. I just don't think he's worthwhile to ban at my level of play at least.

I'm a firm believer in AP Sion against him. If he's close enough to silence, your close enough to stun, and he'll still be right there waiting when that silence runs out.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post
I just haven't seen him be a problem since playing in the 1300's. Don't get me wrong, at lower levels he's probably a good ban. I just don't think he's worthwhile to ban at my level of play at least.

I'm a firm believer in AP Sion against him. If he's close enough to silence, your close enough to stun, and he'll still be right there waiting when that silence runs out.
I agree with you, and as you rise in ELO/gameplay abilities, they are much less of a global threat... but I see so many first-picking banners not ban them, complain in pre-queue team chat that their team is baddies and that the champion is easy to counter, and then Rammus/Kass/Shaco/Whomever rolls the rest of their team and then they rage at everyone for sucking.

WickedArts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

According to riot shaco has the highest win rate of any other champion in solo Que and is a very annoying jungler which is why he is banned. I agree with kassadin being very easy to counter and very easy to ward against and not feed and personally see no point banning him for the fact that he sucks at farming and if you shut him down mid with a tanky ap he has to roam for kills that's when he is easily counter ganked and shut down more. Wards win games people remember this

OriginalJack

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyfrank View Post
You should play with me my first shaco game I went 12 2 9 and my second death was an execution when i got a double.
Why do I have the feeling I've played against you before... hmm...

Mr Whoople

04-04-2012

Common bans are for champions that people in general feed. It's more of a safeguard against your own team than theirs.

Quick Rawr

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by some local idiot View Post
Common bans are for champions that people in general feed. It's more of a safeguard against your own team than theirs.
Bingo. Same reason Lulu was banned so often when she first came out - She wasn't OP, but no one wanted her being played on their team when no one knew how to play her well.