Common bans are for a reason

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

So.... everyone always bans Shaco, Rammus, Kassadin, Morgana, etc etc.... and you think it's stupid because you know how to counter them. Right?

WRONG!

Riddle me this: Does everyone else on your team have the same skill level or game experience as you? No? Well then, swallow your arrogance and save your team as well as the game instead of boosting your own ego.

So you know how to counter Kassadin do you? Wonderful. I'm happy for you. Does your team ward properly? Do they know how to safely push the lane? Do they know how to escape from a Kassadin gank when you're back to shop? Do they have any hard CC to protect them from these ganks? Probably not, it's pre-queue and they haven't even selected their champions yet.

So, Shaco falls off late game and shouldn't be banned. Do your teammates ward properly? Do they counter build? Do they.......

You get the idea. You're playing with 4 strangers of unknown skill level. You're not high-Elo where everyone is fairly similar in gameplay skill. Please, just please, ban the champs. You'll turn your team of ok players into a team of pessimistic baddies that don't care anymore.

Pokur

04-03-2012

stopped banning shaco now for a while, i usually play with 2 or 3 friends and if he kills one of them we laugh.

ChubbyFrank

04-03-2012

Shaco should be banned... only the support gets wards at the start and we all know low elo games supports dont always buy wards. So he falls off, I have gone 8 1 in games as shaco because i gank constantly and get oracles to break all the wards that I run into. The way you win the game as shaco is to fed your lane's in kills (or assists) and starve the enemy of cs and exp. No one else can touch shaco's early game so until you hit lvl 6 he will run over you.

Also a fun little fact, shaco doesn't spam his boxes in the bushes anymore. Everyone knows that trick so what he uses them for is to escape. He is still being ban for a reason lol and he has one amazing ability late game. He can use his clone as a decoy and get the enemy to waste their cc, then his team can jump in. I can't tell u how many times this has worked because people hate me because i killed them early and kayle ulting on my clone when it has low life sends a huge signal that it is the real shaco.

Lerry the Lebster

04-03-2012

Shaco, Rammus, and Morgana should be permabanned. I'm much more afraid of Shen, Skarner, and Cass. I have never seen a Kassain avoid getting pooped on by Sion. Even in my last game where the player had no idea how to build AP Sion, Kass still ended up going 1/5 against him.

Kassadin isn't a good pick if the other team hasn't selected their mid yet.

OriginalJack

04-03-2012

I like to ban shaco because whenever somebody on my team picks him he ends up being a feeder shaco who tries (and fails) to do dragon at like lvl 2 or goes for some crazy gank that only feeds the other laner a kill and whenever somebody on the other team picks him we end up going against an ultra-1337 ninja shaco who ends up with atleast 7 kills by the 10 min mark even when we are warding.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post
Shaco, Rammus, and Morgana should be permabanned. I'm much more afraid of Shen, Skarner, and Cass. I have never seen a Kassain avoid getting pooped on by Sion. Even in my last game where the player had no idea how to build AP Sion, Kass still ended up going 1/5 against him.

Kassadin isn't a good pick if the other team hasn't selected their mid yet.
Even if Kass doesn't do all that great in his own lane, he ganks and bursts down the side lanes to get a little bit of moneys and rolls from there. I think a decent kassadin can recover decently from a counterpick in your lane, hence why he should be banned. He'll walk over your team.

ChubbyFrank

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I like to ban shaco because whenever somebody on my team picks him he ends up being a feeder shaco who tries (and fails) to do dragon at like lvl 2 or goes for some crazy gank that only feeds the other laner a kill and whenever somebody on the other team picks him we end up going against an ultra-1337 ninja shaco who ends up with atleast 7 kills by the 10 min mark even when we are warding.
You should play with me my first shaco game I went 12 2 9 and my second death was an execution when i got a double.

Lerry the Lebster

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Even if Kass doesn't do all that great in his own lane, he ganks and bursts down the side lanes to get a little bit of moneys and rolls from there. I think a decent kassadin can recover decently from a counterpick in your lane, hence why he should be banned. He'll walk over your team.
Then ward river, retreat ping the lane he's heading to, and follow him when he leaves lane. Its not that hard to predict a gank from middle, and if you follow you can turn it into a situation for your advantage. I honestly think he's an overrated ganker. In the game I mentioned from last night, every time he showed up on bottom he just gave us a free kill. Plus, if you are shutting him down in lane he'll be useless late game cause he can't farm.

I'm not saying kass is useless, or even bad. I just don't think he's OP. He's a counter pick champ. That's all.

Quick Rawr

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post
Then ward river, retreat ping the lane he's heading to, and follow him when he leaves lane. Its not that hard to predict a gank from middle, and if you follow you can turn it into a situation for your advantage. I honestly think he's an overrated ganker. In the game I mentioned from last night, every time he showed up on bottom he just gave us a free kill. Plus, if you are shutting him down in lane he'll be useless late game cause he can't farm.

I'm not saying kass is useless, or even bad. I just don't think he's OP. He's a counter pick champ. That's all.
I don't think any of the champions are OP, I think that most people don't know how to effectively play against them at mid-lower-hell ELO. I'm simply saying to save yourself, and those on your team, from annoyance at other's lack of skill and planning to ban them. Can you honestly think of any other champions that would be a better ban to protect your team? (Granted something like Soraka if you have Karthus etc are obvious bans, but really...)

Swaganometry

04-03-2012

didnt read anyones posts before me but i thought i'd leave this here

You Ban those champs for the level of annoyance that those champs bring to the game