Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Expanded Map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapZero

04-03-2012

Everyone who has played DotA/DotA 2 knows that there map is much larger than LoL's map. Which is probably the one thing I enjoy about that game, the huge map. I've always felt that a bigger map in LoL would make the game that much better.

This is not a thread asking for Riot to make summoner's rift bigger. I'm just curious on what the community thinks on how the game would change if the map was larger. Longer lanes, bigger jungle, addition of camps, maybe even new creeps.

xJoKeRx69

04-03-2012

i can see where your going with this and i can tell youve also played halo, when they was the first to bring out big man team games, and yes dota is a bit on the bigger side but bigger isnt always better for in dota you do have what seems an endless possible ways to boost up running speed for either your casters or your attackers. while in playing LoL casters dont have many options for running faster but instead for slowing others down and usually in an aoe style.
a bigger map maybe ok sure, but with a bigger map would bring a different style of larger game play and different items would have to come into play/ probably even more chars per team. lot of techincal stuff that im sure in time will come but for now i think its a bit early

RapZero

04-03-2012

You can see where I'm going with this? Good then tell me because I don't even know. I didn't make this thread to make a point or request larger maps. Like I said, I'm just curious to see how people would feel if summoner's rift was larger and how people think gameplay would change.

Meserion

04-03-2012

a larger map would be more interesting but as Joker said there really isn't enough speed boost items for it.

Also, you to consider the fact that a bigger map would require a revamp of certain champion skills cause they would be downright OP.