To Face The Black Gate - (Signups + RP)

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neroth

02-23-2014

Greetings. This is the contiunation that i mentioned in another RP, but you can join even if you have not seen that.
Without further ado, let me begin:

[CENTER](SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED)[/CENTER]

Premise:

The underground market in Valoran was taken by a huge sweep one day. One man, seemingly rich beyond everyone's dreams, was buying off slaves in droves - easily reaching thousands.
The same man was, apparently, behind a simple message, inviting people - smaller slave traders, bounty hunters, or mercenaries - into one location, and promised work and further rewards to those that would come.
The authorities were notified of this - but no action was taken, and nobody knew why. Soon after that, people from smaller towns and villages were reported missing, seemingly just getting up in the middle of a night, and walking away.
Everything was pointing towards one location, and one man - Edwin Neleth, living in a luxurious mansion within Noxus.
The question that remained was - what was he planning?

Meeting/Introduction:

The mansion was guarded by two mercenaries, wearing expensive - looking armor and weaponry. They would point anyone towards a room beneath the mansion - a huge, well - lit place where the purchased slaves were slowly herded into other rooms in long droves. There were more mercenraies inside, ensuring the slaves keep doing what they are told.
Edwin himself was sitting behind a table with a large book opened in front of him, with a large gold pile next to him, guarded by another mercenary - this one much physically larger than the others, albeit with similar equipment.
There was only one thing very unusual about this scene - to those that could sense it - a thick aura of magic surrounding almost everyone in the room, including the slaves.

__________________________________________________ __________________

[CENTER](PLEASE READ THIS SECTION, IT IS IMPORTANT)[/CENTER]

OOC notes:

Almost anyone can join, regardless of alignment, nationality, or social status (yes, includes champions) - if you have a reason for it, be it trade, investigation, or curiosity.

I will moderate the powerlevels. No godlike characters, please. Although i strongly recommend nobody pathethically weak either - there will be combat, and i cannot guarantee it will be easy.

Signups are held in-character. DO NOT drop a post "hey, can i join with guy X?" Make a proper
intro, or else it will be ignored.

Combat results are determined ONLY by me. That means basically that unless stated otherwise, no enemy is cannon fodder (can be instakilled/can be killed in droves).
It also means that i CAN godmode certain things in combat - that can vary from stating damage certain things do to ignoring/preventing attacks outright. I will do my absolute best to be fair in this.

Please know your limits/abilities. If you cannot win a fight, it means that you should accept defeat - if not, i WILL kill you off. Other than that, death is VERY UNLIKELY, but still possible. For obvious reasons, this would apply to this thread only.

I am completely willing to discuss stuff OOC, but since i do not want to make two threads or clog this one with OOC commments, i would like to ask those that want to join to add Blackslayter on Skype (if you can - look for one from Slovakia). I will add you into a chatroom where you can ask me (and the others, hopefullly) anything you'd like.

Posting schedule - Once per 48 hours minimum, if you are taking a longer break, PLEASE state why.
If someone does not post in 72 hours, he is considered removed from the RP, all actions around his character are resolved/ignored, and the plot moves on.
It is completely fine to post faster, though - but keep timezones in mind.

There will probably be another signup round later down the line, but for now, they are closed.

Have some standards in posting. One - liners are NOT acceptable unless there is literally nothing else that you can write.

When does the RP start - It basically already did. The signup period will be closed in 3 IRL days for story reasons, but until then, anyone can just come in.

I will be separating text to make things easier to notice.

"Speech will always be distinguished by quotes, and possibly differentiate if multiple characters are speaking. This will be determined in the post itself if that situation comes up."

Quote:
Combat will always be in a quote box like this. Simple as that.
((OOC will be, as per usual, in double brackets.))

General descriptions that do not involve OOCs will be in italics

Always include your character profile in your intro post. That just makes sense, really.

That should be everything. Ask if you need anything else.

AskCorpMundo

02-23-2014

((Tomany RP's, not enough time.

Screw it, imma join with someone. Maybe.))

CALEB THEBADDEST

02-23-2014

Lillith could sense strange magics at work all around her, she watched as countless men and women were herded like cattle towards a large mansion. She was not entirely sure of what was going on but all the same she followed. Upon approaching the mansion she was met by armed guards who directed her to a set of stairs leading down. Lillith smiles her razor sharp teeth visible for a brief second before being concealed once again, she slowly descends the stairs beautiful and lethal. She enters a well lit area full of slaves being led to their respective areas. "This will be so.. Fun".

Neroth

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Renekton View Post
((I must ask something pretty important. Could Renekton join or is he to powerful as he is a god? Sorry for asking this here but I don't have Skype.))
((Honestly, i percieve Renekton as a berserker warrior rather than a god. If you can get past the fact that canon - wise League would never allow him outside Institute (IIRC) then he can join.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALEB THEBADDEST View Post
[URL="Lillith"] could sense strange magics at work all around her, she watched as countless men and women were herded like cattle towards a large mansion. She was not entirely sure of what was going on but all the same she followed. Upon approaching the mansion she was met by armed guards who directed her to a set of stairs leading down. Lillith smiles her razor sharp teeth visible for a brief second before being concealed once again, she slowly descends the stairs beautiful and lethal. She enters a well lit area full of slaves being led to their respective areas. "This will be so.. Fun".
((I presume your link bugged - looked up your profile, and i presume this is her. That is OK.))

Edwin, noticing the woman arriving, gestured her towards the table he was sitting behind.
Once she would, he asked, with the tone of someone who is really sick of his work: "Greetings. I need to finish checking something here, so please do wait a few minutes. I will get to you soon."
He then returned to his book, silently muttering something to himself while writing in it.

Dear Renekton

02-24-2014

Perhaps the most unexpected being so far, Renekton watches the slaves being pushed towards the large mansion. Out of curiosity and the need for gold he decides to enter, after being directed by the heavily armored guards he walks downstairs, pulling his grey cape of his head. His eyes eyeing the room as he stares at the man sitting at the table. He is careful of his surroundings however as his eyes watches the room with a suspicious gaze. He thought to himself as he stood there. "I shouldn't take such a risk... Maybe I should leave? No. I need this 'job' besides, what kind of threat is Fleshbags."

((Actually I was freed for a few days ago by someone, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I hope my intro was not to horrible, I'm still kinda rusty at writing walls of text. If its to short, not good enough just tell me and I will edit.))

Neroth

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Renekton View Post
Perhaps the most unexpected being so far, Renekton watches the slaves being pushed towards the large mansion. Out of curiosity and the need for gold he decides to enter, after being directed by the heavily armored guards he walks downstairs, pulling his grey cape of his head. His eyes eyeing the room as he stares at the man sitting at the table. He is careful of his surroundings however as his eyes watches the room with a suspicious gaze. He thought to himself as he stood there. "I shouldn't take such a risk... Maybe I should leave? No. I need this 'job' besides, what kind of threat is Fleshbags."

((Actually I was freed for a few days ago by someone, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I hope my intro was not to horrible, I'm still kinda rusty at writing walls of text. If its to short, not good enough just tell me and I will edit.))
((It's fine, don't worry.))

Aproxima

02-24-2014

Such large movements of slaves would not go unnoticed and even though the League stays oblivious to most things, turning blind eye to mass murdering and carnage, observing and waiting, intervening only when war is mere moments away, there are times when they dispatch some of their own to investigate things the seers have seen and deep dangerous. And such time was now as they sent out the Silent One to go and learn and study and observe. Eventually things would have to be dealt with, either by her or by the League itself.

And so did she exchange her diamong bordered summoner robes for a robe of pure darkness with a cape to conceal her face ((like a ringwrait)) as she made her way to the warlock's mansion. There the warriors pointed her further into the mansion. She carefully observed the warriors and slaves as she slowly made her way through the building. She had this uncomfortable feeling and the amounts of magic surrounding the place didn't easy her either as she couldn't tell the spells apart. Eventually she slowly limped her way all the way to Edwin and there she waited for something to happen. Auriaya had nothing to say, not that she could, so she waited until the warlock raises his gaze at them and addresses them. For now she could only observe the warriors, slave and the other mercenaries who came to this place.

Neroth

02-25-2014

((bump))

Lumataur

02-25-2014

Walking down the dirt path, he's startled by the shuffling of feet. Lumataur, confused looks up and see's massive lines of people walking ahead of him. He notices not chains, but a humming purple fog around them. He feels pity for these people, but suddenly rage. He does not know who these people are, but he wishes to help them.

He follows them to a massive mansion. His experience around Runeterra tells him he's in Noxus territory. He puts on his fašade and walks into the mansion, searching for someone in charge.
http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3970
((I'm fairly new to this so if I did anything wrong lmk ^.^))

13loodzkrieg

02-25-2014

((I'll probably join in on the second signup round, if there is one that is. Would bring Konrad but Edwin just left the facility so it might be too fast, unless he dies in that RP. I'll be lurking around.))

((EDIT: Disregard that, I'll just join now. Lemme come up with an OC and I'll post))

1234511 ... 15