Which matchmaking 'issue' is the most important to you? (See post for more details!)

1) AFKs in Champion Select Lobby 4,879 36.23%
2) Duo-Queue Elo Disparities in Ranked 1,009 7.49%
3) Skilled Ranked Players in Normal Modes 667 4.95%
4) Premade Matching 673 5.00%
5) Transitioning from Normal to Ranked Mode 1,347 10.00%
6) Free to Play Champions in Ranked Mode 802 5.96%
7) Random Champions in Ranked Mode 647 4.80%
8) Provisional Matches in Ranked 723 5.37%
9) Duo Queue Prevalence in Ranked 422 3.13%
10) Level Disparities 652 4.84%
11) Team Margin of Victory 1,645 12.22%
Voters: 13466. You may not vote on this poll

After Hours with Matchmaking and Lyte

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sikozu

01-23-2013

I'm sorry if this is mentioned in here (I'm not reading 300+ pages) but is it possible to maybe do some R&D on a queue system that enlists roles the player is to willing play? (for solo/duo only, as a full pre-made will have all bases already covered)

Like when you queue up, have an extra option with radio buttons for:
ADC
Support
Mid
Jungle
(this could be difficult as the meta's change?)

That way the teams are a bit less hectic and some organization is already established? While every one should be able to play any role, not everyone is good at all of them. I can jungle, but I'm not the best, so I would check all roles but that one as I can play all of the others well.

Just an idea Riot, I don't expect a whole lot as I'm sure it could prove a complicated mechanic, but yea, ideas are yummy right?

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

TMaccius and I just had 4 straight losses, all of which were really one-sided games. (Maybe one was close?)

Hey look a Smurf

02-01-2013

Besides all the other stuff listed, I find honors a big problem.

Half the time people with ribbons don't even show what they're meant to represent. Which is really sad meaning they don't even bother, they only wanted the honors.

Shelaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTheBreast View Post
If #8 means that the first few games of ranked you play don't count for elo, I agree with this 100%. I can still remember going 1 win 8 losses the first games I played :P
I agree with you fore sure!
My first few matches in season three were pure pain, pure, unadulterated pain D:
(thought season two was perfectly fine)
But yes, its rather unsettling how horrible placement matches can go when you first do rank after hitting lvl 30 or a reset. Getting a team that is actually serious and or has a KDA that is not negative is about as random as closing your eyes, and throwing a rock back wards hoping to hit bucket ontop of the house.
(made that myself!)
If i could, i would wish my first 10 placement matches for season 3 wouldn't count =/

Thameos

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelaka View Post
I agree with you fore sure!
My first few matches in season three were pure pain, pure, unadulterated pain D:
(thought season two was perfectly fine)
But yes, its rather unsettling how horrible placement matches can go when you first do rank after hitting lvl 30 or a reset. Getting a team that is actually serious and or has a KDA that is not negative is about as random as closing your eyes, and throwing a rock back wards hoping to hit bucket ontop of the house.
(made that myself!)
If i could, i would wish my first 10 placement matches for season 3 wouldn't count =/
I agree 100%, I honestly have wanted to try ranked out for season three, but I've wanted to wait as long as possible to get at least 3 maxed out rune pages as well as much exp as possible on each role. Very nervous about trying it because being placed in bronze 5 due to bad luck or inexperience would ruin league ranked for me and I'd rather stop playing/make a new account than seeing "Hola, me llamo es Pablo (My name is Pablo. Me voy a encerrar Mordekaiser (I am going to lock in Mordekaiser). Mordekaiser es numero uno (Mordekaiser is number one)! HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.

Yes, I do know a little bit of (broken) spanish. No, am I not racist towards those who speak spanish, it just frustrates me when I get people who I can't communicate with in text because they don't speak english. Generally, this negatively impacts the game and something I would like to see changed ASAP.

Nekrocow

02-21-2013

What we need is an effective way to control Champ Selection trolls.

Here's my thread on it: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2833452

Shelaka

02-26-2013

And now we play the waiting game....

LarcyBrown

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarcyBrown
GUYS GUYS - I just came up with a genius way to solve this issue.
New feature - Team flexibility rating -

the last few seconds of ranked champion select after everyone has chosen their picks and people can
trade champions and change summoners spells.
A window pops up for each player on ally team , rate your team flexibility rating.from 1 to 10
At default it will be at 5 and it will be left there if nothing is selected.

then if everyone picks a very low rating because they all think someone is trolling or being a jerk on picks and it will be a bad game, and the average on 50 total is extremely low.The game is auto-dodged!

there probleme solved, go riot implement this!

EDIT: for refusing to cooperate dodge penalty for the whole ally team! maybe half the regular dodge penalty tough.

I will go ahead and quote myself yet again cause i think i just found the solution to the problem here
Someone would pick 10 cause they think they can carry trolls and stuborn people.
the idea might need a few tweaks.

SkittleMuncher

03-03-2013

I made a new thread about how easy it is to circumvent the whole matchmaking process.

It seems to be permitted as of now. Why is this allowed?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3185769

Gh0stRidah

03-13-2013

Can we have a better matchmaking system for normals?

Whenever i feel like i wanna play a normal, my MMR is lower than ranked (was platinum S2) and my top was Gold 1 (S3) and i get paired sometimes with unranked, silver or bronze and sometimes its platinum or diamond.

Games are extremely boring and i rather read a book if im in solo queue than playing in normals if i have to .