Which matchmaking 'issue' is the most important to you? (See post for more details!)

1) AFKs in Champion Select Lobby 4,802 36.37%
2) Duo-Queue Elo Disparities in Ranked 987 7.47%
3) Skilled Ranked Players in Normal Modes 648 4.91%
4) Premade Matching 659 4.99%
5) Transitioning from Normal to Ranked Mode 1,325 10.03%
6) Free to Play Champions in Ranked Mode 799 6.05%
7) Random Champions in Ranked Mode 639 4.84%
8) Provisional Matches in Ranked 698 5.29%
9) Duo Queue Prevalence in Ranked 408 3.09%
10) Level Disparities 628 4.76%
11) Team Margin of Victory 1,612 12.21%
Voters: 13205. You may not vote on this poll

After Hours with Matchmaking and Lyte

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shearchaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Lyte, will there be any moves in the future so that a person wont have to be matched with a duo queue? I know that you are trying to work with the elo disparity but would really like to have a queue with solos only.

Aametherar

12-17-2012

I put level disparities but the real issue is there has been a massive population shift in smurfs and banned players at LOW levels since bots were added. Stop permabanning players and instead reset their accounts with nothing at level 30 or remove bots. I've had 4/6 friends quit before lvl 30 from the extreme abuse they encountered in literally every game they played, one of the other two who was never abusive in other games became an abusive player before level 30.

LittleDi

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
2) Transitioning from Normal to Ranked Mode
Currently, we do not do a great job of educating players on the transition from Normal to Ranked Modes. What would players like to see here? What should the expectations of Ranked be? For example, Ranked could be "Bring your best, every single game!"
While this is important to me this does not bring as much weight to the table as the #3 below. Still I consider ranked education missing. This would need to be addressed instead as a player needs to complete 10 normal draft mode games to unlock ranked in order to understand the basics of ranked picks/bans.

Quote:
3) Provisional Matches in Ranked
When a player joins Ranked for the first time, the system starts them at 1200 Elo and begins their "placement matches." Unlucky strings of losses or lucky streaks of wins can propel a player into an Elo tier they do not belong in. Alternatively, players generally do not like playing with or against players in their placement matches and seeing they have only 1-9 wins.
That and that alone is the main reason why I will not play ranked. If I am lucky I win a lot, if not I lose a lot, if I get paired up with troll players who are intentionally trying to destroy elo 9 times in a row on my team the entire ranked process is a giant leap into a sewage pool. I end up having to work 10 times as hard to try to get back to an ELO that would be correct for my skill level.

Do your own math Lyte as I will NEVER test this one out.

Player X joins ranked, gets worst case scenario player teams of people who really have no clue how to play. Goes all 9 matches total loss with 0 kills or deaths with each match ending at 20 minutes from surrender vote or faster due to team feeders. How fast does this drop the initial placement?

ARainbowBunchie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack22 View Post
There still needs to be a system in place to deal with uncooperative and afk players during champion select. Somebody else shouldn't have to 'take the bullet' and dodge for them, and still be unable to report them afterwards.

Making a thread about this anyway.
I agree. I was in ranked queue and there were consistent queue dodges after the enemy team had a third or fourth pick singed after a top was already established. After four or so dodges said player ended up on my team. After bans, I picked Gangplank and announced to the team I was playing top. Two picks later, the fourth pick auto-locked Singed and announced he was going top as well (at which point I understood that this was the player that was forcing so many dodges). About thirty seconds and a stream of poorly-crafted Spanish insults later, I dodged.

I understand that in some other games there is a function to boot a player from of the lobby, maybe something like that could exist: a unanimous decision to boot that player from champion select (with a good reason!), and those that are repeatedly booted are reviewed.

Sereg Anfaug

01-05-2013

I know that a feature to permanently prevent two players from queuing together isn't feasible... but what about a temporary solution? If I reported or ignored someone in my last game, don't queue me with them in my next game. I don't want to deal with them again right away.

This should be easy enough to implement, without severely restricting matchmaking(save where it's already highly restricted, such as the top and bottom of the ladder).

Gh0stRidah

01-06-2013

I dont enjoy league of legends that much now because the matching system is the major problem.

win/lose is always 50% of the time i'd say and sometimes you get the best team that you could imagine and the next game it's the worse team ever.
Matching system is the major problem.

Please find a way to improve the quality of teammates for both team.

Flugun

01-07-2013

At least people agree AFK's in matchmaking is the worst. Lobby leavers and AFK's should be banned permanently (at least lobby leavers) because you can never get a game going if they think they can dodge and get a win next game. I don't have to give you statistics, it doesn't work eventually. After dodging you will get a team you will lose with, fact. So the first thing that should be addressed is the people that keep games from even starting. I say permaban, because i don't do it, nor do i feel like i need to do it.

Gh0stRidah

01-07-2013

Best matching system ever,

Getting paired with a bunch of 1300's elo in normal draft against diamond and 1700+ elos

Of course we lost cause teammates didn't have the experience and the same skill level of the ennemy team.

Rofl that matching system is so bad that it makes me wanna play a new game sometimes.

M0mentkill3r

01-07-2013

My biggest problem is the fact that I am never in a queue with multiple people. So more often then not I am stuck with a group of 2 or more prearranged. They often have Skype or some other form of outside communication system. I'm often left in the dark.

Another thing that has been plaguing me lately is the fact # of wins that my team has compared to the other team. For example I played a game today where the average win on my team was roughly 250, I've only one around 500 games and there was one other player on my team with slightly more than me. The other team didn't have a player below 750 wins, and the highest on there team had around 1500. I know number of wins has little to do with chances of wins, but that means that they have been playing longer or more games, have more IP.

Sereg Anfaug

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRidaz View Post
I dont enjoy league of legends that much now because the matching system is the major problem.

win/lose is always 50% of the time i'd say and sometimes you get the best team that you could imagine and the next game it's the worse team ever.
Matching system is the major problem.

Please find a way to improve the quality of teammates for both team.
What? Lol?

That's impossible... you can't improve the quality of teammates for one team without decreasing the quality of teammates for the other.