Which matchmaking 'issue' is the most important to you? (See post for more details!)

1) AFKs in Champion Select Lobby 4,872 36.23%
2) Duo-Queue Elo Disparities in Ranked 1,007 7.49%
3) Skilled Ranked Players in Normal Modes 665 4.94%
4) Premade Matching 671 4.99%
5) Transitioning from Normal to Ranked Mode 1,346 10.01%
6) Free to Play Champions in Ranked Mode 802 5.96%
7) Random Champions in Ranked Mode 647 4.81%
8) Provisional Matches in Ranked 723 5.38%
9) Duo Queue Prevalence in Ranked 421 3.13%
10) Level Disparities 649 4.83%
11) Team Margin of Victory 1,645 12.23%
Voters: 13448. You may not vote on this poll

After Hours with Matchmaking and Lyte

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

04-02-2012

Having played a 1400 game with a 1000 elo player in it, I'd definitely say #2

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

Quote:
10) Level Disparities
Some players feel that as a low level, they should never be matched against Level 30s because they feel the match is unfair due to Level 30 rune/mastery advantages. Although these players are highly skilled low levels, they would prefer a different solution than facing an opponent with simply 'stronger stats.'
On the flip side of that issue, sometimes I'll just be completely dominating some people and feeling pretty awesome about myself, and then I look at their level in the post game screen and suddenly feel like I'm worse than Hitler.

WelcomeToTarget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

5 minute of someone leaving or afking that player gets a leaver mark and the game is free to leave and the players who leave still get a loss and Elo loss. When everyone or majority of players on enemy team have left the game just ends and the opposite team wins.

Have a "ready" or "Decline" before champion select. Hitting "Decline" IS NOT A DODGE it just removes you from the queue. You shouldn't be forced into a god **** game because something came up the second you clicked Queue or you realize "Nah, I don't want to play".

DotA 2 has all of these in BETA. Learn something from this.

Puny Ancus

Recruiter

04-02-2012

Where's the option for non English speakers?

Alma Beoulve

04-02-2012

Overall, I am satisfied with League of Legends' matchmaking. There are some poor match-ups here and there, but I am around 50-50, which means I'm playing ppl near my skill level. It's just that ppl don't like to lose, so they blame everything under the sun [except for themselves].

The only major issues I have are with ranked. The transition from normals to ranked [poorly educated, etc.] and free week champions in ranked. Otherwise, everything appears to be okay.

Attachment 412396

The Stormchaser

04-02-2012

Ty Riot lyte!

Vsin

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whats A Hacker View Post
ELO margins in ranked games are really bothering me at times. Most of my games, I'm blue team (less favoured) and our team literally has 3 1400s and 2 1300s. However, other team has 5 1450s. Really not my cup of tea. Also, during those games, I lose 13 ELO. However, when I win on blue, I get 12.
I actually ran into this one the other day, but I was the 1450. It's really odd because the "start Elos" (before Elo changes from win/loss) were something like 5x 1400 vs 3x1400 + 2x 1450.

Anyways, #11...hmmm...

- Since the system tracks the Team Gold Gained number, it would be worth putting that into consideration. I have never seen a lopsided game where the losing team had more...or even close to the amount of Gold that the winning team had. Seriously, most of the time, the player with the most gold on the losing team had the same or less Gold than the enemy 0cs Support and/or non-fed Jungler.
> Something to note though is that...who were those teams again...AL vs...ugh, the Tournament was just today. There was a 4 : 18 kill difference with a gold advantage of around 10-15k and AL almost managed to pull off a comeback with consecutive teamfight wins.

- Kills can have an impact, but it's not as big of a difference as people seem to make it out to be. A bad Baron fight, raw overconfidence, the losing team rallying, etc can all swing that. If anything, this just gets rolled into Gold Gained.

- Objectives sort-of matter. However, in order for this to be a worthwhile statistic, you'd have to weight each structure type: Nexus > Nexus Turret > (Inhibitor...although they respawn so it might get excluded) > Inhibitor Turret > Middle Turret > Outer Turret. This is sorted this way because the Outer Turrets are really easy to pick off once the laning phase breaks and the middle turrets are mincemeat by the late game, but the Inhibitor and Nexus turrets are much easier to defend so toppling them requires more power - co-ordination or raw advantage.

seductiveasian

04-02-2012

Most important to me, not in general? Hmm, I choose #8 just because I'm gonna hit 30 and will be playing ranked soon, but I think most important in general would be #1, #4 and #2 in that order. Another problem related to #1, is that after AFKs get kicked out, we cannot cancel queue before getting put into another next queue.

Toastman04

04-02-2012

Seriously you guys are so small you cant fix all of those?

kya

04-02-2012

I stick with number 8.

Personally i feel that people get randomly placed on the place they don't belong.
My experiencie on it is that i had a couple of friends that had higher elo than me while they were clearly worse.