Why do people hate TT?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sundar88

Junior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
3v3 requires more teamwork and coordination than 5s imo
How did you come to that conclusion? The very reason I play TT almost exclusively is because I find that as the number of players in each team is only 3, I have more control over the game as an individual and I don't have to rely on teammates as much as in SR. This is not to say that teamwork isn't required in TT but SR definitely requires more of it. Depending on what champion you're playing, it is also much easier on TT to wait for the enemy team to push into your base, wipe them out with the help of your nexus turret and then quickly push their base and win all by yourself because of the lower number of turrets with lower hp. Having said that I have never played a ranked game before since there is no solo/duo queue for TT so I imagine ranked games will require much more teamwork due to all teams being arranged beforehand.

As for why people hate TT it's probably because it's much harder for ranged and/or squishy champions to kite tanky dps champs or those with jumps or dashes who the map seems to favor due to it being cramped whereas SR is more open and gives every type of champion a fair chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoreTechPlayer

Junior Member

04-03-2012

Nothing wrong in TT or SR what i call BULL is that Crystal Scar where ur winning and then you wondering wtf happened


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamakaziGumiBear

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Lawlz at hyper carries being imba, you bring your sion, trynd, shaco to TT and I will make you eat my **** as Orianna. Even lux is amazing on TT, you can sit by red buff and help both lanes at once and still be able to harass there jungler. If the games really start to get hard u can always just break out the Jarvan or Alistar. Hyper carries need to get farmed before there good, Tyrnd yea he ****ing sucks in lane and jungle if you lose to him its because you suck. Shaco is just stupid and needs to be reworked, hes not op hes just bad for the game. Flash + invis was riots worst skill choice ever. Sion is extreamly squishy and can easily get tanky dps ****ed. Really TT is open for all champions you just need to know how to play them and you need a working team comp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddl3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

04-03-2012

Yeah I don't get why they hate it so much, it's quicker to level for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
Because there isn't enough teamwork in 3V3.
3 characters cannot CC enough to stop hyper carries like Jax, Trynd, Sion, who Dominate TTL because of the lack of CC and focus.
Unlike SR which can accommodate every single champ in some way, TTL can't.
Xerath, Kog'maw, Characters who rely on positioning and teammates to protect and support them to excel are easily squashed by characters like Trynd and jax who can leap over walls flanking them and proceed to 1v1 them.
Imo SR is teamwork 80% teamwork as TTL is to 90% Rambo and character selection

3V3 is just too easy for certain characters in the champ roster.
I have to say this is actually why TT is better, not worse. KOGMAW is ridiculous in SR and Merely Viable in TT. He need to think about escape and movement speed as much as he does on pure dps. To me, this is the way it should be. Ranged AD carries have it way too easy in SR. In TT they are actually a little vulnerable to counter attack. Melee Carries have a chance in TT to do what they are created to do... Get in your face and wreak havoc. In SR - forget about it.

It's not any fun to me AT ALL to play right, build right, and keep a constant map awareness only to be chain exhausted by 3 people, knocked up, slowed, stunned, ignited, polymorphed, charmed, silenced, suppressed, and snared by 5 opposing champs so that you CAN DO NOTHING with your Melee champ. I MEAN NOTHING. You have no chance.

"In your face" Melee champs are fun to play in TT, they are frustrating and somewhat pointless in SR.

I would argue there are more unusable champs in SR than there are in TT.

Heck, I don't even want to get on the subject of "the laning phase" but I must. It bores the stink out of me to chop at minions for 20+ minutes trying to "last hit" for some gold. And then have to make the oh-so-important choice, should I go left or do I go right? Cause you got pings all over the map and mates who think you took teleport which conveniently has a 1 second cool down.

O.k. all of this is particular to the Solo queue, but Unless you are playing with 4 other people you know, SR is just a pot of total frustration ready to boil over at any given moment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I have to say this is actually why TT is better, not worse. KOGMAW is ridiculous in SR and Merely Viable in TT. He need to think about escape and movement speed as much as he does on pure dps. To me, this is the way it should be. Ranged AD carries have it way too easy in SR. In TT they are actually a little vulnerable to counter attack. Melee Carries have a chance in TT to do what they are created to do... Get in your face and wreak havoc. In SR - forget about it.

It's not any fun to me AT ALL to play right, build right, and keep a constant map awareness only to be chain exhausted by 3 people, knocked up, slowed, stunned, ignited, polymorphed, charmed, silenced, suppressed, and snared by 5 opposing champs so that you CAN DO NOTHING with your Melee champ. I MEAN NOTHING. You have no chance.

"In your face" Melee champs are fun to play in TT, they are frustrating and somewhat pointless in SR.

I would argue there are more unusable champs in SR than there are in TT.

Heck, I don't even want to get on the subject of "the laning phase" but I must. It bores the stink out of me to chop at minions for 20+ minutes trying to "last hit" for some gold. And then have to make the oh-so-important choice, should I go left or do I go right? Cause you got pings all over the map and mates who think you took teleport which conveniently has a 1 second cool down.

O.k. all of this is particular to the Solo queue, but Unless you are playing with 4 other people you know, SR is just a pot of total frustration ready to boil over at any given moment.
why do you only play fizz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
why do you only play fizz
I have been playing (almost) exclusively fizz for about 2 months.

I am testing him out in every way, you could say, an in depth analysis of a single champ. For example, I'll play 10 games with Fizz with Surge and Heal just to try it out. Thus different builds, with the same champ interests me more than the same build with different champs.

I always try out the new champ for a few game to see if I like them. but last few didn't appeal. I liked Lulu's skill set but not her animation/voice over etc.

I have also played Janna, Poppy, Sion, Pantheon, Heimerdinger and Olaf at least 100 games each.

Next month, I'll probably adopt another champ and go in depth on that one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I have been playing (almost) exclusively fizz for about 2 months.

I am testing him out in every way, you could say, an in depth analysis of a single champ. For example, I'll play 10 games with Fizz with Surge and Heal just to try it out. Thus different builds, with the same champ interests me more than the same build with different champs.

I always try out the new champ for a few game to see if I like them. but last few didn't appeal. I liked Lulu's skill set but not her animation/voice over etc.

I have also played Janna, Poppy, Sion, Pantheon, Heimerdinger and Olaf at least 100 games each.

Next month, I'll probably adopt another champ and go in depth that that one.
A then what? Do you write guides? Or do you just do it fun to find the best way to play the champ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
A then what? Do you write guides? Or do you just do it fun to find the best way to play the champ?
I wrote a Poppy Guide that was well received and one of the first to suggest that Poppy could jungle.

And yes, I wrote a "guide" sort of on the merits of Ad Fizz. I'll flesh it out when I get the motivation to do so.

I also wrote a guild "top 10 ways to improve your win ratio"

Who do you like to play?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I wrote a Poppy Guide that was well received and one of the first to suggest that Poppy could jungle.

And yes, I wrote a "guide" sort of on the merits of Ad Fizz. I'll flesh it out when I get the motivation to do so.

I also wrote a guild "top 10 ways to improve your win ratio"

Who do you like to play?
Do you have them on any sites?
Mobafire, solomid?


I play yordles.


123