Dear Riot Games...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolguy999

04-02-2012

With the increasing surge of popularity that LoL received over the past few years is amazing, along with the promotion of MOBA styled games and all... but now I think it is time to change the focus for this game for its existing players instead of still trying to heavily promote it to new players...

Here are some noob reasoning...

Trolls are increasing in every game, and trolls as in people who not only talk sht, but mess up the game experience for the 4 other players in the same team as well as the 5 players in the enemy team. I think it is time to deal with these situations more severely along with a change to the tribunal system because as far as i know, if you are duo Q'd or Q'd draft normal with friends, you can purposely blame the scapegoat in chat and have all your friends report him/her and the tribunal will probably give that scapegoat a ban or something just because the voters do not know the situations and when you see a player who is say 2 - 9 - 6 and 4 allies report him for feeding you will think so but I have had games where i am actually trying but my "teammates" just abandon me and call me bad and retreat to base fountain.

I think Riot should switch focus from promoting the game to new players (new champs, new bonus for newbies.. etc) and switch focus to existing players and ingame problems such as glitchs, trolls, especially ult glitches etc... marketing strats did call that keeping existing clients is easier to get new clients right? Im not saying Riot isnt doing so but i think that Riot needs to manage this game harder to promote maximum ingame experience for its more serious and for good fun players

X plicit 1

04-03-2012

is this guy trolling? O_o

xJoKeRx69

04-03-2012

no to a good extent hes telling the truth. there are plenty of times while in game people get picked out or "shunded" more just because they are having a bad game, i myself not that long ago didnt seem to have much of a problem with people doing this. yet that was in the past. more so now where i am getting to a point where having a large number of ignored players isnt worth it. and so much more other finer details are to be challenged

Metaphisto

04-03-2012

lolguy999, Riot will do what they always do with these types of posts: ignore it and let it die. Unfortunately, if your post is not full of pictures with my little pony, your favorite champion slept with my dog and had a child, or something not related to LoL issues you will only get a response from trolls.

Meserion

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
With the increasing surge of popularity that LoL received over the past few years is amazing, along with the promotion of MOBA styled games and all... but now I think it is time to change the focus for this game for its existing players instead of still trying to heavily promote it to new players...

Here are some noob reasoning...

Trolls are increasing in every game, and trolls as in people who not only talk sht, but mess up the game experience for the 4 other players in the same team as well as the 5 players in the enemy team. I think it is time to deal with these situations more severely along with a change to the tribunal system because as far as i know, if you are duo Q'd or Q'd draft normal with friends, you can purposely blame the scapegoat in chat and have all your friends report him/her and the tribunal will probably give that scapegoat a ban or something just because the voters do not know the situations and when you see a player who is say 2 - 9 - 6 and 4 allies report him for feeding you will think so but I have had games where i am actually trying but my "teammates" just abandon me and call me bad and retreat to base fountain.

I think Riot should switch focus from promoting the game to new players (new champs, new bonus for newbies.. etc) and switch focus to existing players and ingame problems such as glitchs, trolls, especially ult glitches etc... marketing strats did call that keeping existing clients is easier to get new clients right? Im not saying Riot isnt doing so but i think that Riot needs to manage this game harder to promote maximum ingame experience for its more serious and for good fun players
1 word: money

new players = more opportunities to make money.

I will say that Riot is more customer aware than your typical gaming company, but they need to make a profit.

Besides it not like they don't pay attention to ult bugs, bugs, etc. they have a lot to manage.

On a side note: yes agree trolls need to be dealt with. Riot could add in a report function for a 3rd type of griefing, or take note of keywords in reports like "troll".

You can avoid such trolls altogether by putting them on an ignore list so they don't wreck your game again.

Yes, your time is precious to you, but you have to find the troll initially before you ignore them.

zerglin9000

04-03-2012

As stated above, Riot is probably trying to reach out to new players in order to secure a larger fanbase. The incredulous number of champs released and the impossibility of affording all of them with earned IP is in order to secure the amount of RP you are tempted to buy.

This is necessary, however depressing it may be, because riot IS a company, and as a result it needs its customer support.

Trolling is a problem, although it is relatively contained, and hopefully will be even further if any revisions to the Tribunal occur.
The best way to avoid trolls is to not play as many ranked games, which ALOT of people get butt-hurt about.

lolguy999

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meserion View Post
1 word: money

new players = more opportunities to make money.

I will say that Riot is more customer aware than your typical gaming company, but they need to make a profit.

Besides it not like they don't pay attention to ult bugs, bugs, etc. they have a lot to manage.

On a side note: yes agree trolls need to be dealt with. Riot could add in a report function for a 3rd type of griefing, or take note of keywords in reports like "troll".

You can avoid such trolls altogether by putting them on an ignore list so they don't wreck your game again.

Yes, your time is precious to you, but you have to find the troll initially before you ignore them.
Heh to be honest i was expecting 0 new posts and -4 votes but instead i got +4 overnight wowza...

Anyways i don't really know which point i am strongly attacking anymore whether it being ingame trolls or that riot focus more on getting in new customer rather than to make a better experience for long time fans.

Personally, i have spent 50$ and bought a heros package (because i really wanted to try anivia and some other AP powerhouse) because i enjoyed the game. What Im really trying to say is keeping old customers and making it a better experience pays off! When i first started i never even thought about paying but now guess what i have 4 full lines of heros at my disposal for every game. Dunno how to say this any further without stepping over any lines or boundaries but ya know... just my 2 cents and what i remembered from a college level intro-to-marketing class that i took last semester

lolguy999

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphisto View Post
lolguy999, Riot will do what they always do with these types of posts: ignore it and let it die. Unfortunately, if your post is not full of pictures with my little pony, your favorite champion slept with my dog and had a child, or something not related to LoL issues you will only get a response from trolls.
truedat mate, some hard truth there =/

dunno even though i put the title to Dear Riot this post is more for our everyday fangamers and what issues we face from time to time. Im slightly thinking maybe if more people realize the problem IN WORDS they will step up n stuff ya know... anyways i dunno i typed a quickie before heading off to bed yesterday so its pretty bad