"I can't support"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetryon

04-03-2012

Ever since I've unlocked lulu I've been on an ecstatic support spree. It's like every time I hear her voice she encourages me to go that extra mile and push myself to be a little better in my role.

That and squirrels!!!!

Skidochufada

04-03-2012

Haven't played ranked yet, but in every normal, I seem to get 3 people wanting to jungle, and 2 wanting to support. Sadly, those are the only two roles I like

Bat Bot

04-03-2012

I simply say at the start if I am forced into a support role I just pick annie or some other character I'm good with and completely ignore the meta. It helps, but not being in ranked I'm not going to lose sleep if I'm not fitting it.

I prefer a more active role than ward/aura *****. (Taric is fun at times though I'll admit)

Nishaven90

04-03-2012

In most games, I will play support if my team doesn't force me into a support role.

Todays Forecast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2012

I love supporting.
The main reason is the feeling you get when you deny a kill~ It's one of the best thrills I get in this game <3 "Hehe~ Your stuff is on cooldown now :3" Another would be zoning out the support and ranged AD all by yourself. *_* It's too much fun.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2012

I love playing support, but nobody appreciates how i can be good, even with 2 kills

Rahzie Et Tavari

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by some local idiot View Post
Stop it. Stop it right now.
Sincerely, most of solo queue population.
Talked about this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...+you+just+hate

seriously it needs to stop

Testosticore

04-10-2012

So, let me make sure I'm getting this:

People can say "I'm capable of any role you want me in, except support. I'm a ****tastic support", but because they're last pick they have to support when the rest of the team ignores it. THEN they catch all the blame for being a bad support. It's their fault the game was thrown. Blah, blah, GG all that good stuff.

Amirite?

No you ****ing logic fails. You claim everyone should be capable of every role? Then one of the other four ******s should have chosen support. There are FOUR other opportunities for someone who isn't as ****ty at support to take that role. Four. One more than three, two less than six.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm willing to support. I'm just very bad at it and it is absolutely no fault of mine when I warn you before anyone picks a role but you don't take it over me.

-signed

Someone who's still learning but seems to know more about teamwork and logic than most of the LoL community.

eabe

04-10-2012

I concur. If someone says they don't want to play a role why make them play it? Your trolling them if you realize it or not, and then your yelling at them because you didn't listen to them. And your upset because really you just didn't want to either. I think you are more immature then the person who comes out and says hay I don't want to do this.

Its not that playing support is hard to do I just don't like it. I don't see why its fun too tell everyone else where the other team is. Why is it fun to just sit there and try to keep everyone alive? Why is it fun to buy the same item every time you die? I actually play support like your suppose too. I'm good at it. I still think I'd rather watch paint dry.

Some people like that kind of stuff. They like to think they are in control of things when they are not. The only real thing a support can control when played right is vision or in other words map awareness. Any role should be able to do this. Just saying.

If your playing a support, then your job is to get your team feed. If I wanted to feed things I would go to park and feed the pigeons. (or something like that.) I think a game played without a support char can be just as effective as played with one. It really comes down too: do you know what your playing, can you play it well, and are you aware of what the other team is doing?

The last question there is the most important!!! IN ANY GAME!!! If you are aware of what the other team is doing you will be 95% more likely too win. A support char is just to do that one thing.

Most people die when they forget to watch the map or chat box. It has nothing to do with skill but awareness.

corallein

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testosticore View Post
People can say "I'm capable of any role you want me in, except support. I'm a ****tastic support", but because they're last pick they have to support when the rest of the team ignores it. THEN they catch all the blame for being a bad support. It's their fault the game was thrown. Blah, blah, GG all that good stuff.
No, my problem is those last-pick people that say nothing when I ask at the beginning, "What roles do people want to play?", and then when it gets to their turn to pick and we tell them, "Hey, we need a support", they finally say, "I don't play support".

I'm perfectly fine taking a first, second, or third pick support myself, as long as I know all the other roles are being covered (except jungler... I suck at jungling and will avoid it in ranked whenever possible). And for some reason, I almost never end up the fourth or fifth pick...